Help Determine Increasesd Item Rarity Mechanics!

this has been discussed elsewhere already. rhys' post is correct. that's the reason why high level unique maps were dropping in lunaris where map drop should be restricted to lvl 66
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
DestroTheGod wrote:
They are both programmers but Mark probably has not been involved with coding any loot based features for a long time whereas Rhys probably has. Not very surprising imo.

Fine, understandable, and valid. Then don't post about it.

he was just trying to help, but gave outdated info. thankfully rhys came in quickly to clarify. agree it's fine for you to find that amusing :) i'm willing to give him a break or something like this since it was all with good intentions. much bigger upcoming things at stake here! :D
"
dlrr wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
DestroTheGod wrote:
They are both programmers but Mark probably has not been involved with coding any loot based features for a long time whereas Rhys probably has. Not very surprising imo.

Fine, understandable, and valid. Then don't post about it.

he was just trying to help, but gave outdated info. thankfully rhys came in quickly to clarify. agree it's fine for you to find that amusing :) i'm willing to give him a break or something like this since it was all with good intentions. much bigger upcoming things at stake here! :D

Break given. He earned it for amusing me, all be it temporarily :)
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
Rhys wrote:

Actually, it hasn't worked like that for some time. It currently rolls for Unique first, then if that fails, it rolls for Rare, then Magic, etc. +IIR is applied to every roll (with diminishing returns).
as far as i know this is how it works in d2 aswell. it starts checking from the top and then works it way down
"
fsg wrote:
"
Rhys wrote:

Actually, it hasn't worked like that for some time. It currently rolls for Unique first, then if that fails, it rolls for Rare, then Magic, etc. +IIR is applied to every roll (with diminishing returns).
as far as i know this is how it works in d2 aswell. it starts checking from the top and then works it way down

Yes but we had disminishing numbers available back in D2, it was not a seeeecreeeet! :p
secret or not, it would be nice to know how a game mechanic like rarity and quality applies to the loot we are farming for, and when exactly that loot is calculated would also be helpful

- risking switching out MF gear before a kill
- or it is something that is calculated at the beginning of a fight?
(D3 people would run around in MF sets they'd switch out just before the kill)

maybe the question is not how the mechanic works but how should a player who is aiming to farm for high quality high rarity gear go about fitting their gear with as little diminishing returns as possible?

cheers
Xillix

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info