Patch 0.9.12qq includes a Legacy Migration

There are 2 things that I need clarification on as I'm not the fastest to grasp these things...

1) Why are ppl complaining? There is no "wipe" going on, just toons being moved to a legacy server. If you want to play them, you still can from what I understood from the postings :)

2) Why are ppl complaining?? Aren't we in a "CLOSED BETA??" Isn't "BETA" the key word here?? We're testers and not really playing the game. If GGG needs to do something that will improve the game during the beta test phase, then what's the QQ'ing for??

3) Can someone explain to me what the resistance stuff is all about for and after Tuesday. Thanks :)

4) Oh and are there going to be new gear/weaps introduced to the game as well? Thanks :)

Sorry for my slowness in understanding these things :)
The Pope quit, a meteor fell on Russia, an
asteroid came close to the earth, there's snow
in Arizona, star wars and star trek have the
same director! Who the hell is playing jumanji?
Last edited by Udja on Oct 8, 2012, 2:34:52 PM
Can't wait for reset!
"
Xendran wrote:
"
KopaKabana wrote:
I come back after a month break, i got my skill tree wiped, placed my skills back, now i cant use half of my spells coz of mana cost, and i see we get wiped?
Rly?????

I never liked the fact we will get wiped, those of u with "shut up this is beta" keep comments for yourself pls, or get above level 25 at least .
NO wipe or money back.

you only spent 10 dollars

Oh :o not nice to be rude mkay?? And most of my toons are over lvl 25 lol! This is a closed beta son = nothing is permanent. Play, find bugs, wash, wipe and repeat lol! It's all good. I make crazy builds and all 17 tabs are bursting at the seams - I'm looking forward to the migrations so I'll have my tab space again lmao!! Just relax and play the game. Every time you make a new toon, you get a better understanding of the game dynamics and what builds are better than others. Currently I'm building necromancers - one with a bow and one had a dagger - tons of fun :) And remember, sometimes the journey is much more fun than the destination :D
The Pope quit, a meteor fell on Russia, an
asteroid came close to the earth, there's snow
in Arizona, star wars and star trek have the
same director! Who the hell is playing jumanji?
"
KopaKabana wrote:
I never liked the fact we will get wiped, those of u with "shut up this is beta" keep comments for yourself pls, or get above level 25 at least .
NO wipe or money back.

Hey man

Shut up this is beta. :)

OB: BazzVone - 83 Dual Spork Totem Templar /w CI and minions
CB: BazzVfourteen - 80 Dual Spork Totem Templar /w CI
CB: BazzVtwo - 73 Dual Spork Totem/LS Templar
CB: BazzVseven - 76 Lightning Strike Mara
CB: BazzVfive - 78 Lightning Strike Mara
"
Udja wrote:
"
Xendran wrote:
"
KopaKabana wrote:
I come back after a month break, i got my skill tree wiped, placed my skills back, now i cant use half of my spells coz of mana cost, and i see we get wiped?
Rly?????

NO wipe or money back.

you only spent 10 dollars

Oh :o not nice to be rude mkay?? And most of my toons are over lvl 25 lol! This is a closed beta son = nothing is permanent. Play, find bugs, wash, wipe and repeat lol! It's all good. I make crazy builds and all 17 tabs are bursting at the seams - I'm looking forward to the migrations so I'll have my tab space again lmao!! Just relax and play the game. Every time you make a new toon, you get a better understanding of the game dynamics and what builds are better than others. Currently I'm building necromancers - one with a bow and one had a dagger - tons of fun :) And remember, sometimes the journey is much more fun than the destination :D

wipe wa smeant to be done right before open beta, not now. I will lose all my items omg.....
EJRVBÑJKSBVÑERJVBÑJWERBVÑRWEJFVCÑIERVGLÑIJESFDBVIEWRGICVL3WEGRDVICWDSBCVIJWDBCVWIJDECVILDBWLDEJCHBVWLIDECGWLDICHYVGLWDICHLWDECHVW
DEVGERGVERGWWFVEFVWWEDQWEFCDWEFCWEFVCWEFCWEFWEFWEFWREGFRWREGFW
"
KopaKabana wrote:
Rly?????

NO wipe or money back.

From the pre-purchase page:

"Although you're buying Beta access, your characters and items will still be wiped along with the rest of the Beta characters when we enter Open Beta. If we wipe characters or move them to a "Legacy League" for technical or balance reasons before Open Beta, your characters will be affected along with everyone else. Purchasing Beta access does not entitle you to any special treatment in game and you can still be muted or banned for inappropriate behaviour."

That's as plain as day. Although I do not condone other testers calling you names and referring to you as a 'kid', reading the fine print before handing over your money is just the mature thing to do. That and GGG have never, ever made a secret of their methodology. This wipe/legacy migration is OVERDUE.

So by all means, fight to get your $10 back, but it won't be on grounds of unfair treatment of your characters.

You won't be missed.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
KopaKabana wrote:

wipe wa smeant to be done right before open beta, not now. I will lose all my items omg.....

Nothing has changed in terms of the wipe...your items and chars will all still be there after the patch but they will exist in a different league. They are being moved....not wiped.
OB: BazzVone - 83 Dual Spork Totem Templar /w CI and minions
CB: BazzVfourteen - 80 Dual Spork Totem Templar /w CI
CB: BazzVtwo - 73 Dual Spork Totem/LS Templar
CB: BazzVseven - 76 Lightning Strike Mara
CB: BazzVfive - 78 Lightning Strike Mara

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info