No Summoner!!!

Last edited by Smodab on Sep 27, 2013, 7:24:06 PM
I dont think people dont want to play with sommoners because of hardware issues, I f.e. just dont want to play with them because they slow me down* aswell as its just annoying to have this amount of creeps everywhere which leads to some degree of confusion which mob is now an enemy.

*Running atm with 40.5k aoe infernal blow dps and I am not quite sure of the dps of a sommoner, would like to get some info on how much dps they actually do.

EDIT: just noticed I necro'd that thread, I'm sorry
Last edited by peyter on Jan 6, 2014, 11:31:00 AM
I like having a summoner as a team mate, it increases my survability !
"
peyter wrote:
I dont think people dont want to play with sommoners because of hardware issues, I f.e. just dont want to play with them because they slow me down* aswell as its just annoying to have this amount of creeps everywhere which leads to some degree of confusion which mob is now an enemy.

*Running atm with 40.5k aoe infernal blow dps and I am not quite sure of the dps of a sommoner, would like to get some info on how much dps they actually do.

EDIT: just noticed I necro'd that thread, I'm sorry

Dammit, necromancer! I just killed you three times in the fetid pool already. Why won't you stay dead? D:<

I myself am also a summoner, though my build probably isn't the best nor fully optimized. I'd bet, if you played a summoner with a tendency of grouping with others, you'd probably want evangelist spectres in order to help give your teammates extra defences.

EDIT: I'm sure all summoners want to know their DPS. I'd love nothing more than to know how much hurt my zombies and skeletons are packing. However, GGG has been very secretive about it.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on Jan 6, 2014, 12:34:31 PM
I got 2 Curses, Enfeeble and Temporal Chains. They never wear off either.

I got 14 Skeletons that blind.

I got 10 Zombies that put out a serious hurt, and tank everything for me.

I got 4 Evangelists that save me from ranged attacks.

I got 5 auras, boosted to the nines, Clarity, Discipline, Purity of Elements (gives 48% for example with all my passives etc...), Vitality and Haste.

I got a Rejuv Totem rocking over 200hp/sec.

If anything, I don't want groups. I don't need you, you take my loot, you die to simple mobs like voidbears, have low MF, you know, you're just not needed. So what if I move a little slow, you go nothing I need or don't have already ;)

P.S. Great necro whoever did it. Read this thread in it's entirety. Good laughs. I freakin' love summoners in all games. The. Best.
Last edited by gr00grams on Jan 6, 2014, 1:28:03 PM
Someone should make a video of 6 summoners and their zoo in a party setting.
If anything, a well built summoner is like a juggernaut, a slow yet unstoppable force. While the summoner lacks the concentrated DPS that other builds have, they also share a bit of tankiness thanks to their meatshield minions. A good summoner never has to fall back for health, they simply slow their advance to deal with the ongoing threat before replenishing the undead ranks and moving on.

I once played a few times with a friend of mine who rolled a ranger. He likes to play the glass cannon type while I always roll a summoner. While my zombies and skeletons are on the frontline keeping the enemies busy, my friend is close behind them mowing down the mobs. If it wasn't for me, my friend would have to kite (or die) a lot. If it wasn't for my friend, I wouldn't be able to zoom through areas so quickly.

It was fun while it lasted, too bad he doesn't play this game much since he claims it's just not his kinda game.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on Jan 6, 2014, 1:47:45 PM
"
fraz81 wrote:
"
Godmonkey wrote:
I roll 9 zombies, 11 skeletons, 3 ranged specters, and 3 flame totems.

When I'm fully cast out its quite the Epilepsy test. If your options are not tuned to your computer, I will make you lag. or at the vary least foam at the mouth.

I don't think I would want me around either.

I never want summoner in my parties cause they lag the game like hell and make everything a mess of corpses.
Also i freeze kill every mob around so they eventually will complain sooner or later.

Why complain?

Given I run Hatred, I'll help you freeze the mobs. Not like my minions will be dying.
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
Benjamin Franklin
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
If anything, a well built summoner is like a juggernaut, a slow yet unstoppable force. While the summoner lacks the concentrated DPS that other builds have, they also share a bit of tankiness thanks to their meatshield minions. A good summoner never has to fall back for health, they simply slow their advance to deal with the ongoing threat before replenishing the undead ranks and moving on.

i am not slow and i am tankier than my minions (they only got about 500- 1k more health than me, but they dont have 11k armor as i have) how about that?
Hear this words but once and they will echo in your nightmares forever!
summoners suck in groups... so its good that u are so proud of yourself that u dondt want to be in a group because groups dondt want u.. so problem solved..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info