Today's patch, digital soundtracks, a turbo test league and resistance penalties

"
Treadlight wrote:

By "in Linux" do you mean running the game in Wine? 'Just wondering.

We use linux servers for hosting the game, and I'm referring to the server side of the software.

Our server software compiles for both windows and linux so that our developers can test with a local realm on their workstation.
Path of Exile II - Game Director
Oh wow that flew right over my head. 'Time to sleep.
same name in-game
I'm really looking forward to that fix. The game likes to crash quite often when I'm playing in a groupe.
TwitchTV: http://www.twitch.tv/emrendil
Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/Emrendil
I've just downloaded the new patch but I don't see the TURBO league option when I create a new character..
Maybe did I miss something?

In any case, great patch release rate guys!You rock!

"
Boda19 wrote:
I've just downloaded the new patch but I don't see the TURBO league option when I create a new character..
Maybe did I miss something?

In any case, great patch release rate guys!You rock!

still got 9 hours before its an option to make a char on it and its only a 2 hour test
"
Jonathan wrote:
"
Malice wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
Many players will be pleased to hear that we've found and fixed the bug that sometimes prevented Totems from attacking nearby monsters. This will be included in the next patch.

What was the bug? I'm so curious

This one was really subtle.

There was a small struct that contained a pointer to one of it's own members inside it. If it was to be copied, then the copy would have a pointer pointing in to the old object which is bad. However, there wasn't any reason to copy the struct.

A copy of this was instanced as a temporary and accidentally passed by value instead of by reference to another function. In windows and in linux without optimisations, it worked. In linux with optimisations enabled the buggy behaviour surfaced and would cause the target searcher to think it had already found a valid target (and thus would terminate before finding a real one).

Oh god. I haven't done much coding but I remember pointers in C drove me crazy. I could never figure out if I was referring to the thing the pointer was pointing too, or the pointer itself. Especially with references to pointers, or other such shenanigans.

I was wondering if the soundtrack available now will be updated when the game is out on full release. Anyone knows?
IGN: Ignacius
Last edited by GuilhermeHQ on Oct 4, 2012, 9:52:27 AM
"
Chris wrote:
By the way, I can confirm that based on feedback from the resistance penalty testing league:
a) The additive capped resistance system is currently being kept. Others were considered, but ruled out at this stage. This may change in the future.
b) The discussed resistance penalties on higher difficulties will be enabled probably next week.
c) The penalties will be -0/-20/-40/-60 rather than the -0/-25/-50/-75 that we tested with. We have reduced them in this first version based on feedback, but will evalulate them again later.

Does it mean that on merciless our resistance will have whatever value we have after deduction of -75%? So it is possible to have 95% (that's the max, right?) only if you happen to increase your resistance to 170% by passives and items?

Could I please suggest having the BASE number (i.e. from passives only) for attributes etc. in brackets just next to the total numbers shown now? It is really annoying having to unequip things to check what values I've got for intelligence, resistances etc.

Kudos for the bug-hunting and updates!
IGN: AlCohonez, GhengizCohen
Nice to hear, good news! Each patch/announcement another step forward.

It might be already asked here but what do you GGG guys say to the class imbalance of the different resistance options for characters in the passive tree? (Like duelist is missing lightning, shadow fire resistance passives which makes them substancially weaker against the big hits from vaal boss)? Any chance here to balancve this out and give all chars the option for each resistance?
Hardcore Theorycrafter
Thanks for the totem fix! Time to go try that Flame totem char again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info