Moosifer's 2h Sweep Duelist

"
drakar8888 wrote:
The whole concept of low crit chance and diamond flasks and building up crit multiplier is something I have really overlooked, but it makes so much sense now that I think about it.

I am definitely adapting this idea to a dual-strike rapier duelist, multipliers from the skill tree, skill gem, rapiers and maligaros gloves. I can already see it going over 500%, even more with proper jewellery. So much potential behind this idea, seriously. Thanks for sharing.

This is essentially what I set out to do with my first duelist post-migration. Basically the original idea was focused around dw ele damage + crit multiplier while keeping my cleave around 4.5-5 a/s. Initially it worked great, my dps output was pretty ridiculous for the gear I was wearing (8k cleaves @ 69 15-16k with diamond flask). After a while into the build though I realized I had really spread myself too thin. I had a dangerously low health pool and my passives were all over the place. I had a pretty equal distribution between ele damage, melee damage, crit chance, crit multi, and attack speed which ended up crippling the builds effectiveness in any one area.

It's an idea I would like to revisit in the future with a little more thought given to survivability. I think what I was trying to do was probably very similar to what RegnarDrowsII is doing with a Ranger. I came to the conclusion that it is probably better suited for a ranger, but I have no doubt it could be done effectively with a duelist.

"
Moosifer wrote:
Oh to anyone who has been rooting for me in the ladder race, I've thrown in the towel. Everyone in the top ten is doing 2 people w/ 4 boosters. I've been going probably 80% solo, 10% in a duo or trio (one of the guys is now 15th or so after finishing 6th in the week) and 10% w/ one guy who runs two boosters. Whenever I run with him I feel a little dirty too. I wanted to accomplish this on my own and it's just not seeming possible. For example today someone flew by me. I woke up 1m exp behind him after 3 hours of me grinding 63-65s fast and hard he amassed a 14m lead over me. I think a solo 68-69 I get about 2-4m so either he's the luckiest man I've met (as I've never sustained 67+ for more than 5-6 and I was 30m ahead of him yesterday) or he's getting help.

Bummer man, yeah I've seen a lot of new people jump up into the top 10 recently, I guess that explains it. I wanted to try for top 20 by the end of the race, but that is not gonna happen. I generally solo 98% of the time. The maps I did with you and Epsi the other night was the first group I've been in since 58. :P
IGN: Lawsuit | Lawshoot
Last edited by TheAxiom on Nov 2, 2012, 4:13:38 PM
"
TheAxiom wrote:
This is essentially what I set out to do with my first duelist post-migration. Basically the original idea was focused around dw ele damage + crit multiplier while keeping my cleave around 4.5-5 a/s. Initially it worked great, my dps output was pretty ridiculous for the gear I was wearing (8k cleaves @ 69 15-16k with diamond flask). After a while into the build though I realized I had really spread myself too thin. I had a dangerously low health pool and my passives were all over the place. I had a pretty equal distribution between ele damage, melee damage, crit chance, crit multi, and attack speed which ended up crippling the builds effectiveness in any one area.

petrov actually read this stuff and said he wanted the same build so we are theorycrafting one up. I'm either thinking heavy on ele dmg or heavy on crit multi, don't really see both easily happening.

"
TheAxiom wrote:
Bummer man, yeah I've seen a lot of new people jump up into the top 10 recently, I guess that explains it. I wanted to try for top 20 by the end of the race, but that is not gonna happen. I generally solo 98% of the time. The maps I did with you and Epsi the other night was the first group I've been in since 58. :P

When testing this build I got to 73 in two weeks going very easy (just got done w/ the resist penalties race). So I knew I could get over 75 completely solo. If I was in HC I would have done well, probably top 10 (can't find the results of the 1 week anywhere, poe stats doesn't have it and temple of exile isn't loading) but beyond 1 week, boosters are a must. The combo of 4 boosters + 2 people + 65+ maps is enough to from 50th to top 5 in a couple days going hard. So hopefully this gets addressed somehow for OB and I'll take a run at trying to beat Panda. I'm getting progressively better 64 is first race, 71 in second (died w/ 36 hours left) and 77 in third. I think they adjust the drop rate of 64+ maps and it's possible to get 79-80 in a week w/o boosters.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
"
Moosifer wrote:

petrov actually read this stuff and said he wanted the same build so we are theorycrafting one up. I'm either thinking heavy on ele dmg or heavy on crit multi, don't really see both easily happening.

Yeah originally it was just going to be ele damage, but around 45 I realized how amazing crits were so that's when I started really going off course. I still have yet to put my points back into my 69 duelist and I have most of the gear I was using so I might draft up some different builds for 69 and try one of them out.

I was running Hatred, Anger, and Wrath (Wrath on BM) and it really wasn't that big of an inconvenience aside from the fact that you were somewhat obligated to use ML on cleave. I will say, the way my passives were chosen I was not getting the most out of a 3 aura build though. All 3 auras only added about 600-700 dps(approx.). I would like that number to be much higher in the future.

As you said though running full ele damage is pretty ugly versus ele reflect. Early on (around 40-50) I went to double strike a ele reflect zombie in Fellshrine and died in like .25 seconds. As funny as it was at the time, it's an issue that would have to be addressed.
So I just wanted to do an update. I'm trying to make this build perfect tree and gear wise. TBH I don't think it's that great of a mid-length race (week) as it takes a while to get up and moving, all the while being very fragile. I have some changes in mind which includes not going to mara area which might improve it.

I've been showing them off alot so it's no secret I was able to get two marohis. Getting the one 6l is proving to be a real pain in the ass. Between buying the one, fusings and jewellers I've spent about 230 gcps in the last week on these two damn things.

Unavailable
Unavailable

For my plans to work I need a 6l and as I said perfect build I'd plan on getting koams which means I wouldn't have a 6l chest. Although I think with my plans I can't afford to give up the sockets my chest offers.

I'm not sure what gear has changed since the last update so here's the whole lot

Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

The boots were recently found and the marohi is taking all fusings so I haven't be able to get those 4l. The helm is still iffy, I'd like to have at least dual resist. Belt, besides having virtually max life, is pretty shitty. Rings could be a little better and I have yet to see a better ammy even though it only has LL and high life =/

Once the stupid mace 6ls I'll be putting time into crafting a better belt and a very specific ammy. I don't want to give away what I'm going for just yet because my intentions are game breaking and I want that credit damn it!

I can say the goal will be to drop IR, use grace for actual eva and pick up some armor nodes to make up for the loss so I'm around 5k armor. Then take some of the stuff I learned from my previous templar and duelist which would be dropping BM and running everything on BM gems so I can stack auras. I'd go hatred, determination and haste on mana with grace and on life. With a 6l this will be a pure boost to sweep DPS but less on HS as it will go from 5l to 4l with a BM gem.

So I'm thinking HS + AMD + FA + BM on helm. Sweep + AMD + AFD + FA + concentrated effect (get AOE from marohi) + BM on 6l mace. Hatred + determination + haste + RMC on gloves. BR + WM + increased duration + BM on boots. Leap slam + FA + grace + anger + BM on chest (6l chest add wrath)

Then due to the increased cost of everything I'm going to need higher regen, as I can't really get more % regen I'll just get higher life to counteract it. I'm aiming for 6k. I hope with the combination of actual eva, 6k life and the high regen/LL that comes with such high life that I will be almost unkillable along with extremely hard hitting as fully buffed on my 5l sweep is doing about 4k (dropping RT made me go from 4k to 2k with my previous mace, if I had RT now I'd probably be in the 6k range) with 300% crit multi (will be higher post-respec). Haste and hatred should be a good boost to this so I might be able to crit in the range of 15-20k when it's all done.

While it's not the same DPS as ranged has I don't think there are many maras that can claim those numbers. Which means my goal of not being a mara that's wearing a blouse would be accopmlished but I still am not sure of duelist's identity because I'm using mara tank concepts with ranger DPS concepts. As it seems DW is more a ranger/shadow thing as I was explained I don't really enjoy the duelist's only claim to identity is being able to accurately hit shit fast.

So to wrap it up, hopefully that mace 6l soon leaving me able to craft the belt and ammy then buy a shit ton of regrets to almost fully respec this guy. Will be the first time not using IR with a duelist so should be interesting.

Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Last edited by Moosifer on Nov 18, 2012, 3:52:16 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
I would have never thought of concentrated effect on sweep with Marohi. That's so cool haha. Im saving up to buy that 2nd one from Epsi btw! Also your sweep damage is ridiculous I think I'm at 2k right now with RT (no AMD on sweep though).

I'm currently trying to find a replacement for my belt (Meginord's) but the +10% max life/+55 Str is hard to let go of. I'm really in need of more resist gear. I'm capped at 80 but I'm still using a lot of resist nodes, not sure how much % resist I'm willing to sacrifice for health/damage. :/
Last edited by TheAxiom on Nov 18, 2012, 7:30:20 PM
"
TheAxiom wrote:
I would have never thought of concentrated effect on sweep with Marohi. That's so cool haha. Im saving up to buy that 2nd one from Epsi btw! Also your sweep damage is ridiculous I think I'm at 2k right now with RT (no AMD on sweep though).

I'm currently trying to find a replacement for my belt (Meginord's) but the +10% max life/+55 Str is hard to let go of. I'm really in need of more resist gear. I'm capped at 80 but I'm still using a lot of resist nodes, not sure how much % resist I'm willing to sacrifice for health/damage. :/

I was using concentrated shortly before I got the marohi too. I was using culling (which I'll use w/ it 6l again) but having less AOE isn't that big of a deal it just means shit needs to get closers and it's a big DPS jump, especially if you can lvl it. Also concentrated is nice because you don't have to find a qual or spend 20 gcps on it as reduced mana cost isn't that big of a deal. If I do switch to BM gems I might reconsider though, sweep is probably going to be over 100 mana but I worked out the numbers with you earlier, 6k life I should be leeching back enough to deal with it.

I might have a belt you can buy off me. I think I have a couple set aside. Looking at my belt again, it is pretty damn good but it misses one stat I really need so I keep thinking in my head it's shit.
Which do you think is stronger at 2H axe sweep build, marauder or duelist?
"
woodyfly wrote:
Which do you think is stronger at 2H axe sweep build, marauder or duelist?

Could be interchangeable. Mara could be tankier because from there you can head north to the templar stuff also if you get enough int you can use those high damage staves which have block % rather than just a high damage axe w/ no implicit.

The duelist advantage is crit so my OP is a bit shit tbh because to make this stand out from a normal mara you'll need to get the crit in ranger area or it would be better off as a mara.
Can you update your build please after reset. I was going DW duelist but i will try 2h now. IM not decided what should i go 2h sword or axe.
Thanks
"
fikol wrote:
Can you update your build please after reset. I was going DW duelist but i will try 2h now. IM not decided what should i go 2h sword or axe.
Thanks

Well the last update was the last update. I've sold off most of the gear and feel it's complete. I could go longer but it would be a ton of work for little gain, with OB close I don't want to put that much work into making a perfect toon to just do it again (would make it a total of 5 months of work being erased suddenly).

There's alot of good ideas here and in axion's thread has some of my new ideas for duelist builds. Feel free to test my ideas to see if they are correct but if you don't want to venture into the unknown I can confirm the shit I've mentioned here works pretty well. I've heard nothing but good things from people who have copied the build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info