[2.0] Rathik's Power leveling guide for ALL class and builds. Added [2.0] videos. HC compatible.

Hi all.
"

"
08/08/2015

Added gear by level section

Added some [2.0] videos
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/522556/page/30#p11338246

Ice crash + faster attacks + added fire damage + melee physical damage + increased area of effect + Fortify
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS1SA7q0uiQ

04/08/2015

Still working as intended.

Special thanks to Artificed for confirming the setup on new leagues.

"
Updated 22/09/2014

It is now faster to level solo. If your goal is to get to high level as possible then you should stay out of public groups, chances are, there DPS is way lower than yours.

Monsters DO NOT give extra EXP if you are in group. You get the same EXP if you are solo.

"
When linking your gear and skill trees, please put them under a spoiler.

"
With the nerf of facebreaker gloves, the damage output of the setup will be lower if you don't have legacy facebreaker gloves. Invest in a 5L chest to compensate.

"
The word CHEAP has been removed from the topic title. If you can't afford this setup, do not attempted it.

"
When asking for help using this guide, ALWAYS link your items, links, current skill tree and end game skill tree. I can't help anyone with out that information.

"
This may not be a newbie friendly guide. You will need some currency in order to make this work.

Lately I have been leveling new characters and testing new builds, most of them didn't delivered as expected but in the process I realized something.
I always level in open groups so I can get more EXP from party and of course more drops.
It saves a lot of time.
But every time I do so, I end up with 20+ friend requests and comments like "Dude, how can you kill so fast?" or "How do you one shot everything in a six man group?".

So instead of explaining to each person I meet how to do it, I decided to make a new guide and refer them here for more information.

Enough rant, lets get started with the good information.

This method works for every character and any build. It only requires the correct item combination. Some unique items can be replaced with rare items, others can not be replaced.
It is build around facebreaker gloves, Meginord's belt and jewelery with physical damage on them.

You should have at least one high level character on another account or make your new one on another account. This way you can rush your self with way points or kill a boss when needed.

Items
Spoiler

Weapons
Spoiler

Gloves
Spoiler

Look for the best legacy facebrakers you can find. Around 900% is recommended.

Belts
Spoiler

If you don't got this then don't try this guide.

Helmets
Spoiler

If you are planning to power level past 67 then get ASAP a Bringer of Rain. It will carry you pretty much up to level 85ish.

Body Armour
Spoiler

or a Tabula Rasa which is the BEST choice.

Shields
Spoiler

If you can colour it BBR (all off colors) use Lightning warp + reduce duration + faster casting for mobility. It saves a lot of time.

Boots
Spoiler

or better rares.

Rings and Amulets
Spoiler

These need to be upgraded as you level up. Is your main source of damage.

Gems
Spoiler

Rain of Arrows or Split arrow.
Works great until you transition to facebreaker.

Infernal Blow + multistrike + melee splash

You can replace multistrike with melee physical, faster attacks, added fire damage, etc.
Its ability to auto select a new target is a bit to much to pass by though.

You can pretty much rely on Clarity for mana depending on how many mana regen you can take with spending to many skill points.
Witch, Scion and Templar can easily access mana regen nodes where for the rest classes its a bit harder.

4L blood magic or if you have mana leech ring/amulet or you are close to Mind Drinker skill (2% mana leech shadow side).

Infernal Blow + multistrike + melee splash + melee physical damage/life leech/life on hit

Since game release you can't really stack auras with out reserved mana nodes.

Hatred for more DPS
Purity/Determination/Vitality/Grace for survival.

You can probably use one 60% aura and clarity at low levels.

You will need some levels on your reduced mana to run an extra aura.

Cast when damage taken(level 1) + Warlords mark (level 5 + Enduring Cry(level 5) + Increase area of effect(optional)/Molten Shell(optional)
This setup provides 12% physical reduction, 12% all resistance and 5.4%LL and 4.4%ML.
100% a must have setup.

Skill tree
Spoiler
Apart from some STR/DEX/INT nodes you might need to take for your items requirements or some resistances nothing else is needed.

Start placing skills following your planned end game build but only take defensive nodes.
And by defensive nodes I don't mean to start stacking ES. Have some common sense, pick up health nodes and some resist/DEX/STR if you need it.

The game offers your 18 free respec points, so you can deviate from your end build quite a bit with out any cost.

With proper planning of your skill tree you can do it with zero cost but of course it all depends on the end build.

If you don't mind spending a few regrets feel free to go out of your way and grab some DPS nodes that work with Infernal Blow.
Area of effect, melee physical, fire damage and attack speed are the ones that work.
Totally up to you.

HC Compatible

Item usage per level (You do not need to follow this 100%, feel free to use your own combinations)

Important. On your switch weapon slots make sure you have 6 sockets available so you can level your needed gems. An easy way to do it is making another character and using the starting weapon. You will have 6 sockets RRBBLL.

These items will become your "leveling kit". Investing some fusings and chromatics on them will be a one time deal.

Spoiler

Kill Hillock and get in town.
Pick up needed flask along the way, you will need to use your mana flask very often until you can use blood magic gem (level 24).
Use quicksilver flask, it saves a lot of time. I use two of them at all times.

Always have a granite flask with you along with a ruby flask, amethyst flask and a topaz flask.
Use the appropriate flask for the area you are, e.g, docks needs a ruby flask, act 2 needs a amethyst flask for most parts.
Granite must always be with you at all times. It helps vs reflect and it will allow you to dive in a big group of monsters.

Enduring cry helps a lot also, use it when needed.

Equip your
Silverbranch bow
Wanderlast boots
Goldrin helmet
Blackheart iron rings
Thousand ribbon chest (some characters don't have 17 intellect to use this at level 1, use another armour)

At level 4 equip rain of arrows and Infernal blow gem (to start leveling it)

At level 5 replace Silverbranch with Quilrain bow if you want and equip Karui ward amulet and Ondar's Clasp gloves.

At level 8 equip Meginord's belt.

At level 19 if you have a 3L RRR item you can equip facebreaker, Perandus shield and Infernal blow + multistrike + melee splash. Don't bother with clarity aura, just use your flasks.
Crest of Perandus shield is just to overpowered for its level. 40% block, 3% life leech, 60-80 life, life regeneration and 30% lighting resistance.

Getting 3 red sockets on facebreaker, Goldrim, Perandus shield and Wanderlust is hard, best thing is to use an armour based chest and put them there.
If you can't sort out the red sockets just continue to use Storm Cloud bow. You will still be killing very fast.

At level 24 if you have a 4L RRRR add blood magic gem and forget about mana or grab Mind Drinker skill or if you have a mana leech ring/amulet go for a DPS support gem.
Or mana leech gem.

At level 25 if you have enough DEX equip Foxshare armour.

At level 30 equip Lioneye's Paws boots. They can easily get 4L RRRR and will give you enough DEX to equip your Foxshade Armour. The 20% increased block and stun recovery its also extremely useful.

At level 44 you can use blood dance boots for some extra dps and life regen. Great leveling item.

This is how your character will look like more or less at level 31. Screenshot taken in Cruel.
Level 42 in 5 hours 43 minutes. At least 1 and half hour was afk time or chatting.

Around 1k life, high resistance and close to 2k AOE DPS.

At this point you are pretty much done. This setup will take you all the way up to level 60ish super fast and easy.
Try to look for some ring and amulet upgrades. You want physical damage. Here are some examples.

At level 53 you can switch to Geofri's Crest helmet for some more defence, chaos resistance and 1 all gems skill point. Can easily get RRRR also.

At level 54 you can add Daresso's Courage shield for more defence, resistance and 20% damage.
You will need some life leech from another item or you can use a flask with life leech on it and use it when needed.

Video section

Pre game release items price reference.
Prices have changed dramatically since game release.
Spoiler

Silverbranch bow. 1 fusing
Quilrain bow. 1-2 fusing
Storm Cloud bow. 1-2 fusing
Facebreaker gloves. 1 chaos - 1 exalted depending on stats. Even a 800% works.
Meginords belt. 3-12 chaos
Goldrim helmet. 1-6 fusing
Geofri's helmet. 1-10 chaos
Foxshade chest. 1-3 chaos
Perandus shield. 1-6 fusing
Daresso's shield. 1-6 fusing ??
Lioeye's boots. 1-6 fusing
Wanderlust. 1 fusing
Blackheart ring. 1-2 fusing
Karui Ward amulet. 1-2 fusing
Multistrike. 1-5 chaos

Please do not start a debate of rares vs uniques. The items that I have listed are to cover DEX/STR requirements, links, socket colors and cheap prices.

I hope you like this small guide or at least find some useful information.

Check out my high IIR/IIQ Summoner guide
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/479976

Good luck and happy leveling.

Regards
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
Last edited by Rathik2 on Sep 1, 2015, 4:32:17 PM
Last bumped on Jun 13, 2016, 6:02:03 PM
reserved
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
reserved
IGN Riokar | My guides
Great guide mate, been increasing my exp per hour ever since I read this.

BUMP!
"

BUMP!

you mean for the past 2 hours ?
Dogs Summoner - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/885199
"
Amiag wrote:
"

BUMP!

you mean for the past 2 hours ?

He is been leveling with me since last night.

We cleared from act1 to act2 cruel all the way up to vaal
IGN Riokar | My guides
WTB the belt for 12chaos.
IGN:E_Mustard_K
Nice advice, I've been using pretty much the same method to level my last 3 chars (skipping quill rain due to mana proc on silverbranch), and it works really nice. I have a few rare +phys dmg rings I use, as well as a Carnage Heart that I use from level 20 both for stats and life leech (reduced life doesnt really matter much)
Lol, almost exactly same method and gear I'm using right now. But nothing strange there those uniques are quite common and happily drop and skill choice is just optional, facebreaker, infernal blow, cleave, whatever you prefer, weapon like Geoffrey baptism work wonders for leveling too, too OP weapon you can use very early. Jewelry with + to flat damage, ele or phys works gret too.

IGN STD Ajax_Deadeye| Nathaniel_Corwin| Itane_Shira| Tetra_Mayani| Arkanis_Gath
[Build] TK's CoC Crit Shadow aka THE WELDER /view-thread/787487
[Shop] TK's Adventurers Pawnshop /view-thread/570071
"
Appren wrote:
Nice advice, I've been using pretty much the same method to level my last 3 chars (skipping quill rain due to mana proc on silverbranch), and it works really nice. I have a few rare +phys dmg rings I use, as well as a Carnage Heart that I use from level 20 both for stats and life leech (reduced life doesnt really matter much)

Yeap, the method is not new or anything but A LOT of people don't know about it.
IGN Riokar | My guides

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info