Suggestion for Points/Ladder/Number of Races

How feasible is it to have a system that takes your, say, best 100 or however many up to a 100, races at the end of the season, and uses that as your season point total?

This would allow you to run many races and cater to many timezones and schedules, while at the same time not pressuring the top ranking people into doing all races to stay at the top.

Example:

300 total season races

I do 100 of them, getting 10 points in every one. My total is 1000.

I do my 101st race, getting 9 points. My total doesn't change.

I do my 102nd race and get 12 points. My total is 1002.

etc
Last edited by boof on Sep 13, 2013, 9:58:05 PM
I kinda like this actually
IGN: Hybris_the_StormHerald - Nemesis
Season 3 - #3 Marauder - #15 overall points
Season 4 - #2 Marauder - #2 Duelist - #9 overall points
Season 5 - #1 Marauder - #2 Duelist - #20 overall points
I think 50 races would be better- 100 is pushing it for most players- but the idea could work.

An elo type system could be viable too.

At this point anything would be better than this flat out grind tbh.
IGN: KoTao
100 was just an arbitrary number, so yeah anything could work. As long as quality of race is promoted over quantity.

I'd be interested in seeing what people or ggg thought would be a shortcoming of a system like this.
I already suggested that along with a filled shift shedule. But as long Neonspyder is responsible for shedule, signatures and descent chests there is no way such a thing will happen.

There are even over 12+ month old good ideas which aren't realized yet.

The first idea to have an open racemode where actually the played time counts goes back to the first 2 week race, where 4-5 days of 14 were the longest playtime.

I'm not so sure about this idea anymore, now that I know Hilbert suggested it before.
"
boof wrote:
I'd be interested in seeing what people or ggg thought would be a shortcoming of a system like this.

"
boof wrote:
I'm not so sure about this idea anymore, now that I know Hilbert suggested it before.

Numerous players have been suggesting similar (quality over quantity) since the current reward system went live at ob start.

Seems like even the players that can attend most or all races dont like the current system, and its particularly unrewarding for skilled players with little time, so its hard to fathom why its persisted over 4 seasons.
A potential drawback to this system occurred to me, and that is smurfing.
If the number of races is too low, it might encourage higher level racers to play on more than one account, and collect high end rewards and placements multiple times... hmmmm...
"
boof wrote:
A potential drawback to this system occurred to me, and that is smurfing.
If the number of races is too low, it might encourage higher level racers to play on more than one account, and collect high end rewards and placements multiple times... hmmmm...

I dont think its a major problem.

Anyone with enough time and skill could grind out 10 copies each of everything searing touch and below if they really wanted to, or collect 100 ignomons to sell as i100 onyxs, or potentially take every top 3 signature spot on the board... doesnt seem to be happening though.

And would it really matter if it was happening? The best runs would still be taking the alt demis and a bunch more i100 onyxs or the like is meaningless.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info