Panda's 3 Hour Race Video Guide

"
ciknay wrote:
"
Astramentus wrote:
"
ciknay wrote:
How much ram do you reckon it'll take? I got 4gig, but daresay that isn't enough.

I'd say 8GB would be a minimum, but POE has been growing at a pretty fast rate. Whereas it used to be only about 4.2GB large, it's now somewhere up in the 5+GB range. To be safe, I suggest at least 16GB's before attempting to use a RamDisk.

Yea... I'll just get an SSD.

more memory is only a fraction of the ssd's cost though. Memory sticks are usually very cheap.
"That's how you die properly, Sailor Boy.."
Try this one for me please:

Remake

More life from flasks = faster life recharge
Less crit damage = useless 90% of the time
Armour = semi must have vs brutus and makes flasks more effective vs physical damage
Life Regen = useless untill you have insane hp ( who cares about 10 hp /sec )
Last edited by Struyk on Nov 12, 2012, 4:29:02 PM
Is that the build you were using in the last HC race?

OB: BazzVone - 83 Dual Spork Totem Templar /w CI and minions
CB: BazzVfourteen - 80 Dual Spork Totem Templar /w CI
CB: BazzVtwo - 73 Dual Spork Totem/LS Templar
CB: BazzVseven - 76 Lightning Strike Mara
CB: BazzVfive - 78 Lightning Strike Mara
"
BazzV5 wrote:
Is that the build you were using in the last HC race?

No I only play duelist lately, works alot better IMO. I did play alot of Marauder earlier but after I did like a 100 calculations and test runs I found out dualist works alot better.
Last edited by Struyk on Nov 13, 2012, 5:14:12 AM
This is really awesome, maybe someone should either repost this, or link to it in the general forum? a lot of this stuff looks applicable to many classes! yes with a different class you need different skills and passives, but the things you do, don't do, and aim to do are all the same? yes? in 3hours I don't even manage to typically get to act2 normal, even applying these tips to other classes like rangers and witches I hope to rectify that!

Another big question is, this next weekend the 25th, will be solo-TURBO, how does TURBO effect this build? does turbo make phase running past entire maps less possible? does it force you to kill more enemies you might want to skip? just because you can no longer outrun them safely? is this the whole point of turbo-racing? to force players to stop skipping so much content?
Last edited by namad on Nov 19, 2012, 4:58:32 AM
I notice you dislike bears a lot, bears are a pain to kill quickly because they have insane hp, but I assumed that these bigger and harder enemies like this... I always assumed they made up for it with more exp? is this not true? are the smaller weaker enemies the same exp as the bigger harder ones? if so I'll stop killing bears and golems so much!
Last edited by namad on Nov 19, 2012, 4:56:39 AM
this build is totally valid in turbo, I started 20minutes late, had HORRIBLE DROPS no attack speed no movement speed, no weapons with any bonuses better than 10fire damage on my mallet until act2 wherein I used my orb of alchemy on my sledgehammer but at that point I had like 30minutes left, if I'd had that extra 20minutes I'd have done great as I had a good weapon at the end despite having a bad weapon all along..

also I forgot the dweller in the depths, and it would've really helped a lot to have that skillpoint sooner...

I reached level 19 yes it wasn't level 35 but this was my FIRST RACE EVER!!! and it was turbo and I started late and I didn't really have that much luck... I found an orb of chance but using it on my tribal maul resulted in 8% fire resistance :)
hmm i tried this but i have a feeling the groundslam doesnt do as much dmg as it used to do in your video

checked the first post again prenerf groundslam that explains why u could 2 hit most mobgroups i need 3 4 groundslams makes a big difference
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Nov 30, 2012, 6:27:03 PM
Cool stuff, thanks for posting this.

Out of sheer curiosity, anyone know what a record would be for 3 hours of diablo 2 solo?
IGN: Iolar
thanks for the video mate ! GG

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info