Well-dressed Exile Competition

"
smartybarty wrote:

Thats what i mean, I understand playing the game is also supporting GGG.
I dint buy my packs to feel special > I honestly want GGG to take my money!
I would have purchased the same packs if it gave me just the title! (yes seriously)
Don't put words in my mouth i didnt use (not you qouted person but in general)
I love to see some people get those goodies (they DO deserve it as a price)
Just make different titles and call it goodies and not supporter packs (TWO DIFFERENT THINGS IMO!)

Agreed. GGG can award anything they want, and i think these are very generous prizes for a competition that needs not much ( if any ) skill to win. The only thing they should change is, that they rename the prizes, and don't award forum titles. Not if i'm concerned about this anyways, but i understand others do, so it would be better to keep the peace.

What i'm more concerned about, is the rich get richer problem. The chars with the priciest microstransactions look the most 'cool', and they have the most GGG coins to. With some of the shiny supporter weapon effects, not even 'well-dressing' is needed, because the char's look is dominated by the purchased effects. It can be manageable by the GGG guys, when picking the top 10 tough.
IGN: Afra

Check out the Golden Skeleton Tradehouse!
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/519557
Last edited by Dzzrna on Sep 12, 2013, 4:23:23 PM
i feel the same way as some of you.
i think its really lame that that they're giving away supporter packs.

I am a huge fan of the competition, but I'd rather them give away microtransaction points instead of the actual pack itself.

It ruins the forum flavor that you once supported the game when it needed it the most.
Even though I dont have a diamond supporter or gold supporter pack. I think its truly an honor to see the people that invested into GGG.

What a lot of you need to understand people play this game for a lot of different reasons. Some people get their excitement from buying/flipping/trading, some people xp, some people pvp, some ladder, some races, and even forum achievements/avatars/titles.

I think the integrity of the game should remain the and steer away from giving away "supporter packs" titles to people who won them versus actually supporting them.

GGG could have easily just given away boat loads of points and accomplished the same thing.

Strike 1:
- Razer Footprints (i like some of their products, but i do not want to see any other branding/flavor added into the game. I wish these prints never existed.)
Strike 2:
- Giving away supporter packs

please God don't let there be a strike 3. I understand that GGG needs to earn money to improve the game, but there is a better solution while still maintaining the integrity that most of us POE fans love. I have done cross realm currency trading, and my exalted supporter status was enough reason for somebody to know that I actually cared about my account/good name for them to trust me. Its hard as hell to trust somebody that has 0 stars and 0 supporter packs, with pretty much nothing to lose other than make a new account and level to 25+. Keep giving away more supporter packs and just take more meaning out of it.

thats my 2cents.

Hegemonica - lvl 97 Exalted/Divine/Regal Supporter
8/8 Overachiever
http://twitch.tv/hegemonyTV
http://www.youtube.com/user/hegemonypoe
Last edited by HegemonyTV on Sep 12, 2013, 5:50:12 PM
"
Chris wrote:
"
Bobo337 wrote:
You realize to do that without pissing off a lot of people you're going to have to nerf them right? Torr olgosso + 0 damage mods in a map over 70 will oneshot HC players leap slamming from offscreen, and that's fuckin bullshit.

Yeah...

Plz nerf them only for HC, let them wreck havoc in SC plz (I'm SC btw :D )
Unarmed for life! (although I do like maces too recently)
"

I am a huge fan of the competition, but I'd rather them give away microtransaction points instead of the actual pack itself.

It ruins the forum flavor that you once supported the game when it needed it the most.
Even though I dont have a diamond supporter or gold supporter pack. I think its truly an honor to see the people that invested into GGG.

What a lot of you need to understand people play this game for a lot of different reasons. Some people get their excitement from buying/flipping/trading, some people xp, some people pvp, some ladder, some races, and even forum achievements/avatars/titles.

I think the integrity of the game should remain the and steer away from giving away "supporter packs" titles to people who won them versus actually supporting them.

GGG could have easily just given away boat loads of points and accomplished the same thing.

Strike 1:
- Razer Footprints (i like some of their products, but i do not want to see any other branding/flavor added into the game. I wish these prints never existed.)
Strike 2:

please God don't let there be a strike 3. I understand that GGG needs to earn money to improve the game, but there is a better solution while still maintaining the integrity that most of us POE fans love. I have done cross realm currency trading, and my exalted supporter status was enough reason for somebody to know that I actually cared about my account/good name for them to trust me. Its hard as hell to trust somebody that has 0 stars and 0 supporter packs, with pretty much nothing to lose other than make a new account and level to 25+. Keep giving away more supporter packs and just take more meaning out of it.

thats my 2cents.

Thank you for putting my thought to better words!
Exiled for Eternity
"
Chris wrote:
"
haplessG00N wrote:
Rouge Exile immortalized?!?! **BREAKING NEWS** Rouge exiles are here to stay!

That's right, once Anarchy ends, they'll be in PoE permanently (including hardcore!)

Does this mean that we can finish the 8 challenges after Anarchy ends?
IGN: RachelSuperCasual (Torment)
RachelShockerina (Rampage - retired)
RachelElysia (Ambush - retired)
LadyVinara (Nemesis - retired)
See sig
Fight censorship
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/
I also invested more than a Divine Packs worth - for tabs and basic colour effects, and of course extra gore, and i have nothing to show, and actually I don't need that. But I like art. And this competition is, in a way, an appreciation of the artwork that GGG provides for us. And therefore multiplying the artwork possibilities and innovating on styles and - hopefully not choosing my Blender-Reaver, because I kill things all over the screen - finding a new exile, that finds it's way in standard mode (which will anrachy hopefully become) IS FUN AND WORTHY of our partaking. SO STOP CRITICIZING and enjoy the fashionados of POE.

DaRandalizer out.

"
RATANNA wrote:

Strike 1:
Strike 2:

thats my 2cents.

Thank you for putting my thought to better words!
On another topic:

How are you guys gonna pick the winners of the (probably) hundreds of submissions?
I would guess the jury is the GGG crew, but how are you gonna handle the sheer mass of entries?

p.s.: Really awesome contest!
peachy
"
Chris wrote:
"
haplessG00N wrote:
Rouge Exile immortalized?!?! **BREAKING NEWS** Rouge exiles are here to stay!

That's right, once Anarchy ends, they'll be in PoE permanently (including hardcore!)

Great

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info