(Sep 30 NZT) Hardcore Metronomy Party Ladder Race

Best race so far for me, even though I died at lvl 20 I think. Was fun trying to keep up with Fayded.
Partied with kirbs right before Merveil and that worked well until I got a little too careless at the broken bridge bandit camp.
Partied with Spacke this time round, and the race went average overall. Drops werent great or terrible, we had no issues with any bosses or areas and there was only one major bailworthy desync for Spacke, with none for me.

Lack of preparation cost us however, as our builds werent synergistic and our farming and questing wasnt optimised, which eventually led to us being far enough behind midway through act 2 that the move to cruel wasnt an option. We stopped at waterfall caves instead and farmed it to the end.

Final results were 4th place shadow for me and 2nd place witch (iirc) for Spacke.

Good fun as always; see you all next race!
IGN: KoTao
Had to leave 30 minutes before the end right when I hit the pyramid. Still ended up finishing 6th of class which isn't too bad given the circumstances. Got quite lucky on orb drops despite terrible loot so I was able to craft semi decent gear which sped me up just a bit before I had to go.

BTW was solo the whole way through for the guy who was wondering

-Quicksolo - Templar
Last edited by hiderman on Sep 30, 2012, 1:30:42 AM
"
Neonspyder wrote:
Solo has still proven to be just as effective as partying.

Are you looking at the same results that I am?

Look at all of the classes except marauder for the solo races and compare them to this race. Pretty significant.
"
Septile wrote:
"
Neonspyder wrote:
Solo has still proven to be just as effective as partying.

Are you looking at the same results that I am?

Look at all of the classes except marauder for the solo races and compare them to this race. Pretty significant.

This has nothing to do with strictly partying, and everything to do with marauder easily advancing the party to cruel.
IGN @dime
Last edited by dime on Sep 30, 2012, 7:41:42 PM
"
dime wrote:
This has nothing to do with strictly partying, and everything to do with marauder easily advancing the party to cruel.

Exactly. Pandas lvl 35 solo Mau run for anyone interested:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/52146

If you've ran in a large group, you will understand how the chaos of multiple players quickly hinders on the party advantage.

If you've ran in a large group, you will understand how the chaos of multiple players quickly hinders on the party advantage.[/quote] I agree when you have 6 casters running around with the obligatory mob of dead things hallways become a bottleneck quite literally. I of course missed the race because some jack @ss didn't realize the time difference was into a different day lol. will see you all next time.
“Most men do not desire liberty; most only wish for a master that doesn't beat them.” Sallust (86-34BC)

Marauder solo can beat party not sure of the other classes but..

Solo witch definitely can't beat a witch in a good party (especially if he knows he can leave the party at slower times). Its always the people winning all the party races saying its balanced / marauders lol..

I think GGG should do some solo races only allowing one class to compete in them that would be fun and give some good info about how balanced early on the classes are.
General Racing Guide for Act 1
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/366585
Oh man, we just had 5 of those in a row. Did you miss all of them?!
"
Metronomy wrote:
Oh man, we just had 5 of those in a row. Did you miss all of them?!

I think what he means is like a duelist 3hr race, then ranger, so on.

Actually sounds like a good idea. We can see how the classes compare, but this would have to be announced well in advanced so people can practice with other classes.

Can't wait to see the shadow race lol.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info