Empower

this gem is spit in the face of melee players

a final 'f.. you, loosers' to melee players

a final sign that this game is designed for ranged spell casting players with melee added as an afterthought

there are no incentives to play melee, no mechanics that benefit melee, nothing

this gem is yet f.. another disgrace to the balance and build diversity

discharge, fappulse, spork, zombies, traps, even crap like fireball and cold snap scale like crazy for levels 20+.

melee? +4% increased phys dmg.

there is no reason to use this (ok, viper strike and ele hit scale better) as melee, not a f.. singe one reason

THIS IS A JOKE GGG

change the color to blue - why youve made it red is beyond me. it has nothing to do with strength and strength based players [other than make people with 6l chests with rare colors have that 'f.. that' moments trying to chrome their gear to correct colors :)]
Last edited by sidtherat on Sep 7, 2013, 7:03:05 AM
Weapon swap +2(all gems)+1(fire) +2(fire)+1(all gems)
+
lvl 20 Righteous Fire + lvl 3 (max) Empower
=
lvl 27 26 Righteous Fire

GG GGG.

Totally going to save up for a 6L Shavs now.

EDIT: Corrected by soul4hdwn and Vipermagi.
Last edited by Zealflare on Sep 7, 2013, 12:37:23 PM
"
Zealflare wrote:
Weapon swap +2(all gems)+1(fire)
+
=
lvl 27 Righteous Fire

GG GGG.

viper prooved me wrong that there can't be a +2 gems and a +1 specific gems for an item's mods. so... max lv is 26 (a 105% or 2.05 multiplier)
It'd be +2 Fire/+1 All Gems. Still incredibly silly, but you know. RF. Lol.

EDIT@Ninja: Oh, perfect.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Sep 7, 2013, 12:33:34 PM
"
sherkhan wrote:
Lvl 2 takes 226m gem XP (to get +1 to active linked skills)
Lvl 3 takes 1400m gem XP (to get +2 to active linked skills)

Huge troll guys. Not cool - especially because it pisses off your top 5000 players or so.

Yea, I am NOT looking forward to getting it to level 3, tis a ridiculously huge number..
IGN
"
sidtherat wrote:
this gem is spit in the face of melee players

a final 'f.. you, loosers' to melee players

a final sign that this game is designed for ranged spell casting players with melee added as an afterthought

there are no incentives to play melee, no mechanics that benefit melee, nothing

this gem is yet f.. another disgrace to the balance and build diversity

discharge, fappulse, spork, zombies, traps, even crap like fireball and cold snap scale like crazy for levels 20+.

melee? +4% increased phys dmg.

there is no reason to use this (ok, viper strike and ele hit scale better) as melee, not a f.. singe one reason

THIS IS A JOKE GGG

change the color to blue - why youve made it red is beyond me. it has nothing to do with strength and strength based players [other than make people with 6l chests with rare colors have that 'f.. that' moments trying to chrome their gear to correct colors :)]

If you bothered to actually run the math instead of just raging all over your keyboard, you'd realize this gem pales in comparison to the other support gems available to most of the spells you mentioned.

It's a good gem for skills lacking in support gems, and most of those aren't even spells (Explosive Arrow, Viper Strike, Poison Arrow).

The only problem with this gem is that it levels too slow.
"
Zealflare wrote:
+
=
lvl 27 26 Righteous Fire

GG GGG.

I think, Righteous Fire (like any buff or aura) should fade if you swap or unequip item from it or remove it(or any support linked to it) from item. If it doesnt, then it's a bug that should be fixed.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
Zealflare wrote:
+
=
lvl 27 26 Righteous Fire

GG GGG.

I think, Righteous Fire (like any buff or aura) should fade if you swap or unequip item from it or remove it(or any support linked to it) from item. If it doesnt, then it's a bug that should be fixed.

I had tested it just a few hours ago, and it does NOT fade when weapon-swapped. Of course RF players tell me that it is working as intended. Their justification was that RF is just "cast once" and the effect will continue, yet when I tried that for Arctic Armor/Molten Shell/Blood Rage, they ALL cancel out on weapon swap.

That is what I don't believe it is working as intended. Especially when considering how auras USED to work that way and was patched to cancel out after weapon swapping.
Last edited by Zealflare on Sep 7, 2013, 6:31:40 PM
"
Zealflare wrote:
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
Zealflare wrote:
+
=
lvl 27 26 Righteous Fire

GG GGG.

I had tested it just a few hours ago, and it does NOT fade when weapon-swapped. Of course RF players tell me that it is working as intended. Their justification was that RF is just "cast once" and the effect will continue, yet when I tried that for Arctic Armor/Molten Shell/Blood Rage, they ALL cancel out on weapon swap.

That is what I don't believe it is working as intended. Especially when considering how auras USED to work that way and was patched to cancel out after weapon swapping.

It IS working as intended, one of the downsides of RF is once you turn it on, the only way you can turn it off it by going to town, using a dispels burning potion, or going down to 1 life. If they made it so weapon swapping turned it off, it would completely remove this downside.
IGN: Legends
My concern about this gem is that melee have been hurting hard since day 1 and casters have largely dominated this game, I don't see why casters got another buff via support gems and melee continue to get shit on.

As for the gem itself I do think it's pretty cool and a neat addition to the game, I just wish the aforementioned issue would someday be addressed.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info