unique vaal map - increased item quantity

So does increased item quantity work on chests?

Unavailable
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
A post from Rhys (GGG staff) said you might as well go in naked so you can carry more things out, because quantity/rarity have no effect on chests.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
"
Zakaluka wrote:
A post from Rhys (GGG staff) said you might as well go in naked so you can carry more things out, because quantity/rarity have no effect on chests.

Oh, I see. Thank you!
This may need some clarification to avoid confusion, so here are Rhys' two posts on the subject:

"
Rhys wrote:
IIQ/IIR from your gear does not affect chests, so there's not point in "gearing up" for the Vaults of Atziri. You may as well wear nothing at all so you can carry more stuff out.

"
Rhys wrote:
"
anubite wrote:
It also doesn't make any sense. If IIR/IIQ doesn't effect chests, then why have it on vaults of atziri?

Only the IIQ/IIR from your gear don't apply. Mods on the map itself and the bonus for having multiple players in the instance still affect chest drops.

I can't really speak for the balance of the Vaults of Atziri map. That was mostly Chris and Carl, I believe. That's why I didn't attempt to answer your complaints about being disappointed by the drops. I just wanted to point out that your IIQ/IIR gear wasn't doing anything here.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
If that is true then I have been mislead by the Mechanics thread for a very long time. "Increased Item Quantity -
This modifier increases the average number of items that drop from monsters and chests." ......

Haha, that would explain why my extra 100% quantity armor I pop on before opening golden chests has done jack-all for me.
That one of the problem with the increased items rarity and items quantity, on the piece of equipement its says:

- x% increased rarity of items founds
- x% increased quantity of items founds

but if you look on the caracter stats screen its says:

- x% increased ratity of items founds on slains monsters
- x% increased quantity of items founds on slains monsters

GGG Should change it so we know it won't affect containers.
Last edited by Destro on Sep 22, 2012, 11:58:06 PM
Or change the mechanics thread if that isn't true.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info