Soul Reaver Reave CI crit shadow Updated 2.6!! Assasin 4 Million DPS

such desync. wow.

I can't even reach lvl 50 without ragebashing my keyboard, so I assume at high levels in high level maps with difficult mods this would result in a broken pc screen ?

someone slap me next time I try a melee build
I like my dualwied crit claw reave duellist from last league, but I think going CI instead of life would be better in combination with VP and it would give a huge dps boost since I could use 'phys dmg on full life' support.

So I started making a new shadow based on the build presented here.

I plan to go with claws first till I get nice lifeleech gear and proper daggers (300%++ DPS) and probably switching to daggers later on.

But I have a few questions:

1) Is 'Elemental Adaption' really a must have? I mean sure thing if it is on your way and you only need 1 point - but you spend 3 points to get it. Is it really that good later on or could I skip it?

2) Why do u take berserking instead of 'deadly precision' for another 120% crit chance

3) If I dont want to use Tempest shield, could I skip those mana reservation nodes? I dont think that 4% block is really noticeable especially with low block ES shields... or am I wrong here?

4) With Unwavering Stance and the dream fragmet we are immune to stun and freeze, but what about shock? I am afraid of being shock stacked all the time as CI melee char, cause I cannot rally avoid/dodge lightning dmg. With Abyssus, no armour becasue of ES and shock stacks you'll get one-shotted pretty often do you? Or how should this work?

5) Your second build (going through the Evasion circle to get to VP faster) is pretty interesting imho. But imho only if you take Iron reflexes + Grace.
Is it a good idea to do that and replace hatred with grace or does the freeze provide better surviveability than the extra ~4k armor from grace. Together with armor and evasion flasks, Abyssus and a Armour/ES shield it should give you a nice armour to work with especially since Abyssus does increase the phys dmg taken.

Thoughtg about something like this:
http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgYABX0OPA5IEHsRLxGWFHEVIBXXFr8YsBmGHNweGiThKCoppSo4Kk0rCiy_LOkwVDQKNug6UjvhPI4_Jz-bRIFGaUZxRwZKyE4qVmNW6lb1WK9br19qY0NtGW6qb55wUnBWd_14DX3jf8aDCYauh9uIQot6kAqQG5Mnl9CZV5mamhOdo5_LoqOmf6crpzSpbqxHsbO0DLTFtUi18rb3uT65fL46wFHBAMHFwfPC7MNtykrXhtsa227b1Nwj3Q3i9-OE6f7qGOq66yzrY-wY7UHy4fPq9Uv46_tF_Kv_kw==

But I'd loose about 140% crit chance and a little bit %ES (and hatred of course) but all these ES/EV hybrid nodes would boost Grace+EV flasks so much...
Is this build for Ambush or Invasion?
Thanks.
I think reason why OP chose to use that shield, is because it offers high resistences + high strenght which is a huge problem for this build ... without having to pay a mirror

And he probably has enough es at 10k ....

Also anyone using auxium atm ? How does it fair end game compared to rustic sash / dream frag switch
Last edited by bowen123 on Apr 16, 2014, 9:58:27 PM
"
Kendo_PoE wrote:
such desync. wow.

I can't even reach lvl 50 without ragebashing my keyboard, so I assume at high levels in high level maps with difficult mods this would result in a broken pc screen ?

Actually, when you are oneshotting enemies, desync is drastically reduced. But still, it's a bad feature, that poisons whole game, and there is no build, that wont suffer/die from desync sometimes, assuming he doesnt farm faceroll content only.

"
Thanks.

It's for Standard.

"
azraelb wrote:
I like my dualwied crit claw reave duellist from last league, but I think going CI instead of life would be better in combination with VP and it would give a huge dps boost since I could use 'phys dmg on full life' support.

I plan to go with claws first till I get nice lifeleech gear and proper daggers (300%++ DPS) and probably switching to daggers later on.

1) Is 'Elemental Adaption' really a must have? I mean sure thing if it is on your way and you only need 1 point - but you spend 3 points to get it. Is it really that good later on or could I skip it?

2) Why do u take berserking instead of 'deadly precision' for another 120% crit chance

3) If I dont want to use Tempest shield, could I skip those mana reservation nodes? I dont think that 4% block is really noticeable especially with low block ES shields... or am I wrong here?

4) With Unwavering Stance and the dream fragmet we are immune to stun and freeze, but what about shock? I am afraid of being shock stacked all the time as CI melee char, cause I cannot rally avoid/dodge lightning dmg. With Abyssus, no armour becasue of ES and shock stacks you'll get one-shotted pretty often do you? Or how should this work?

5) Your second build (going through the Evasion circle to get to VP faster) is pretty interesting imho. But imho only if you take Iron reflexes + Grace.
Is it a good idea to do that and replace hatred with grace or does the freeze provide better surviveability than the extra ~4k armor from grace. Together with armor and evasion flasks, Abyssus and a Armour/ES shield it should give you a nice armour to work with especially since Abyssus does increase the phys dmg taken.

http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgYABX0OPA5IEHsRLxGWFHEVIBXXFr8YsBmGHNweGiThKCoppSo4Kk0rCiy_LOkwVDQKNug6UjvhPI4_Jz-bRIFGaUZxRwZKyE4qVmNW6lb1WK9br19qY0NtGW6qb55wUnBWd_14DX3jf8aDCYauh9uIQot6kAqQG5Mnl9CZV5mamhOdo5_LoqOmf6crpzSpbqxHsbO0DLTFtUi18rb3uT65fL46wFHBAMHFwfPC7MNtykrXhtsa227b1Nwj3Q3i9-OE6f7qGOq66yzrY-wY7UHy4fPq9Uv46_tF_Kv_kw==

But I'd loose about 140% crit chance and a little bit %ES (and hatred of course) but all these ES/EV hybrid nodes would boost Grace+EV flasks so much...

1. It isnt must-have for this build, however, it can be a pretty strong node, if you will get Flask Effect nodes from Witch are as well, you will boost your resists up to 90% under flask effects (up from 85%), which is 1.5 times less elemental damage taken. Add some max res over it, and benefit will be even greater, for same encounter it's really awesome, for other, it isnt really needed though.
2. For reave, attack speed does matter too. Actually you need both those clusters, they both are awesome.
3. Why, you're right. Deside yourself, how high free mana pool you need. It's really handy to have it in 50% regen or no regen maps, for example. And it depends on you gear, gems, etc.
4. Yeah, shock is a problem, of course, you can always use Fairgrave's tricorne... It's also possible to get shock immunity with a pair of corrupted items (with "avoid shock" feature) and investment into shock avoidance nodes.
5. Hatred is the best aura you can have. It provides huge DPS boost, and freeze is extremely handy too. Only in 75% cold resistsnce maps you may consider switching it off...
Extra 4k armor is utter crap. Players always tend to overestimate armour, while in reality, it is very weak against oneshots, and about non-oneshots you dont care because of CWDT IC.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
Kendo_PoE wrote:
such desync. wow.

ill upload a video from the hardest map i could come up with... and you'll see there is close to 0 desync if you run a legit build.
"Path of nurfs" - LVL 100 + LVL 100 + LVL 100 ENDGAME REAVER
"1.3.0 Path of nurfs 3. expansion"
Shops: 1031762,774343,883462,371756,1091096,1099789,1260674
Reaver Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/velo1337/videos
"
bowen123 wrote:

That would make capping resistences much harder on top of the fact that you lose some physical dmg.... since elemental dmg does not stack on this build.

But yes it would work better than dream frag ...... and gives us es ... do you think its way better than a gg rustic sash? i have a 350+ armour + 40 es + tri resist one ....

also im not able to cap resist without it....

the thing is, it all boils down on how good your gear is. thats why its hard to say what works and what not. everybody has to do his own math and has to put together his own gearset... for me auxium is by far the #1 choice. i dont need dmg anyway :)

it also comes down to how your build is set up...
"
poeyaroka wrote:
hi, im playing CI Crit Shadow too.
i got a question.

Q1.this build depends fuking good dagger?
im using bino's now.
need more DPS dagger?

Q2.Reave is better for every situation?
Double Strike is better for 1v1 boss i think.
but you use Reave every fight.
why not Double Strike?

Q3.when is better respec to your passive tree?
my current DPS(with hatred, frenzy, power) and ES(with discipline), just for information.
Double Strike/Melee Damage on Full Life/Multi/Crit Damage 32,000
Lightning Strike/Multi/LMP/Faster Attacks/Power Charge on Crit/Crit Damage 24,000
ES 8,300

improve me :)

1. binos is ok if you run a 6l with faster attacks or invest in some attackspeed nodes.

2. we have already too much dps

3. i lvled up with this build from 0 - 97. never respecced it or anything. however i got some friends who helped me from 50-70

"
motorlife wrote:
Thanks.

if you know a lot about the game, this build can be ADJUSTED for every league!

But it works best with full mirror and legacy gear obv.
Last edited by danisonxtc on Apr 17, 2014, 2:40:39 AM
"
azraelb wrote:

1. its some dmg reduction. if you dont care about it you dont need it.

2. boils down which stat points do you need and what pathing do you take, you cant take all xD

3. run whatever you feel like

4. thats why we run such high es, to not get killed by tripple shock stack... if you play high lvl maps + bosses its pretty "normal" to get hit for around 8k withint 1 sec. i always use lightning flasks with removed shock.

5. running grace is an option. i do it since i dont need more dmg anyway and in most groups you'll get all auras you need anyway.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info