Soul Reaver Reave CI crit shadow Updated 2.6!! Assasin 4 Million DPS

"
wreththe wrote:

Iron Reflexes must be too far away/not worth it.

6 points is not "far away".
"Path of nurfs" - LVL 100 + LVL 100 + LVL 100 ENDGAME REAVER
"1.3.0 Path of nurfs 3. expansion"
Shops: 1031762,774343,883462,371756,1091096,1099789,1260674
Reaver Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/velo1337/videos
I decided to try this build.
Its my 1st crit and 1st Ci build.

Im playing ambush. I love the damage, but Im having problems with freeze... It happens so often by any kind of cold damage.

What are options? Running uniq ring the whole time, as theres cold most almoust everywhere?

P.S. GGG Hates me, 2000 chromatics to get RRRGB 5link
So guys, im going to buy an amulet... theres one with like 6% life leech.... and crit.

would it be better to use the life leech on the amulet + a nice diamond ring?

otherwise i would use death rush + the amulet the OP is using (could choose the version where theres more ES instead of WED lol)

what you guys think? which combo is better?
"
slowlorislv wrote:
I decided to try this build.
Its my 1st crit and 1st Ci build.

Im playing ambush. I love the damage, but Im having problems with freeze... It happens so often by any kind of cold damage.

What are options? Running uniq ring the whole time, as theres cold most almoust everywhere?

P.S. GGG Hates me, 2000 chromatics to get RRRGB 5link

If you're so soncerned of it - yes, ring. Or helm (which can give you chill immunity as well, with several nodes invested). There are two helms for that.
Also, you can use Corrupted gear pieces with certain mod (avoid freeze), combined with same nodes.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Apr 14, 2014, 6:04:11 AM
First of all, many thanks to Atlas for this awesome build, and all you guys writing your ideas and improvements here. If you love playing a melee based build, you'll find this build a gold medal worthy.

Just wanna share here my current level 95 tree, gear and playstyle. Hope it helps too for anyone looking for a beautiful endgame shadow Atlas based. If u have some good ideas to help that shadow become even better, please share it!

Gear

Auras
Discipline, Hatred and a level 5 Clarity

Bandits
- Normal: Kill'em all
- Cruel: Help Oak
- Merciless: Help Kraityn

Stats

- Increased Area Reave: 147k DPS (Reave + IAoE + Melee Phys Dmg + Melee Dmg on Full Life + Increased Crit Dmg + Multistrike).
- Concentrated Area Reave: 248k DPS (Reave + CAoE + Melee Phys Dmg + Melee Dmg on Full Life + Increased Crit Dmg + Multistrike).
- Concentrated Area Reave + Abyssus: 347k DPS.

10355 ES without Discipline. 12257 ES with Discipline.

Playstyle

I'm quite far to be a technical player. My plastyle is close to be like a wildebeest, hoping to kill the enemy before he kills me. And it works.
With my current gear (I sold almost all the other chars gear to dress this shadow) the only way to die is facing a one-shotter enemy. Only the Touch of God from Palace Dominus and the triple Atziri Storm Call can balance your already won match. Of course, if the map mods are hard, even the Maze Vaal and some other physical attack based mobs can frighten you.

The other "enemies" are the freeze and the lack of mana. You will survive cos you hit and leech faster. If you are frozen or out of mana, you're dead. That's why I use that corrupted Dream Fragments and a Level 5 Clarity. The perfect solution if you want to forget about flasks.

And of course, the reflect. You can be easily self-destroyed. I have no problem with elemental reflect (even you can use Haste instead of Hatred if your leech is not quite high) and I swap Melee Damage on Full Life to Life Leech on Physical reflect maps. For single mobs with phys-ref just hit it with Lightning Strike.

Add some defensive stuff CwDT based, and you'll be ready.

- Attack and Spell DPS Calculator (view-thread/977942)
- IIQ/IIR balance guide (view-thread/725812)
Last edited by Chuca79 on Apr 14, 2014, 3:30:57 PM
Perhaps i miss something, but what is Atziri's Promize flask for? Isnt it for those, who deal CHAOS damage (while we do physical/cold)?

P.S. I wonder, why do you still use Maligaro's Virtuosity with all that bulks of mirrored gear. You probably should make new OP insta-leech gloves your №1 goal.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Apr 14, 2014, 3:11:32 PM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
Perhaps i miss something, but what is Atziri's Promize flask for? Isnt it for those, who deal CHAOS damage (while we do physical/cold)?

Because that flask ADDS extra Chaos damage based on x% of your physical and elemental damage, and provides an extra leech chaos damage based.

My DPS raises from 147k to 178k when the flask is on. I think 31k of extra chaos damage and 1.2k chaos leech based damage (10% of chaos damage leech from the flask with the 40% vaal pact effectiveness) is quite good...

And yes, the Uber Atziri gloves... sigh... always in my dreams...
Last edited by Chuca79 on Apr 14, 2014, 3:18:25 PM
How does this build compare to a flicker strike build in terms of clear speed damage and survivability?
Hey @CHUCA79 nice gear !

However got a few questions to ask you.....

So because of CWDT's 66% less dmg or lvl below, we can level our curses above the gem level correct??

Also I really like your idea with cwdt ... i might actually copy that, instead of having to cast blood rage physically.

However, what do you think about death rush? Would u rather have carrion braid over death rush + another mirrored amulet?

And do you always keep dream fragment on? Why not just have a flask that dispells frozen/chilled ? This way we can use dream frag occasionally against really OP bosses, while using death rush for added accuracy / armour/dps

what are your thoughts?

PS: what is your crit chance, and do you recommend to keep pcoc in 6th link if we are using the ambusher? (for lack of crit chance)
Hi bowen123 and celidion

"
How does this build compare to a flicker strike build in terms of clear speed damage and survivability?

Up to the player's playstyle. Flicker is faster, but if you don't want to to smash the table with the mouse 4 or 5 times each day... just take the reave option.

"
bowen123 wrote:
Hey @CHUCA79 nice gear !

Thank you!

"
bowen123 wrote:
So because of CWDT's 66% less dmg or lvl below, we can level our curses above the gem level correct??

Yes, you can link a curse with higher level than the CwDT requirement if you want to use the curse as a standalone gem, even taking the benefits of other suport gems linked too.

"
bowen123 wrote:
Also I really like your idea with cwdt ... i might actually copy that, instead of having to cast blood rage physically.

I use to cast Blood Rage myself, but I know a lot of players using the CwDT + Blood Rage combo. It works quite well.

"
bowen123 wrote:
However, what do you think about death rush? Would u rather have carrion braid over death rush + another mirrored amulet?

Tested Death Rush long time ago, but not with this build. In any case, I think a ring with accuracy + damage can be cheaper and more effective than Death Rush. I was using this before my Dream Fragments choice:

But... to each his own.

"
bowen123 wrote:
And do you always keep dream fragment on? Why not just have a flask that dispells frozen/chilled ? This way we can use dream frag occasionally against really OP bosses, while using death rush for added accuracy / armour/dps

Of course, the flask choice is optimal. But as I wrote, I'm a brute player. Wildebeest style and always trying to get my left hand free to pick my nose.

"
bowen123 wrote:
PS: what is your crit chance, and do you recommend to keep pcoc in 6th link if we are using the ambusher? (for lack of crit chance)

My crit chance is 80.1%. If your crit chance is near that value, you can keep the PCoC supporting your secondary attack (Whirling Blades is the best option for me). If not, maybe you must include PCoC as a Reave support.

I hope it has been helpful.
Last edited by Chuca79 on Apr 14, 2014, 8:00:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info