File corruption and File Reclamation?

Today my computer froze as the PoE client was checking resources and ever since, when ever i open it I receive the message "The file pack has corruption that can be fixed by running reclamation."

I have googled this and there were some previous threads about it but I was completely confuzzled by their method of fixing it. If anybody can tell me the steps to fix this, please, please, please do so. Thank you very much.
This also occured to me today, started up the client and received this same message. Didn't see any kind of tools to verify and repair data cache in the POE install folder. Some guidance would be appreciated.
This is where the Pack Check comes into play; it's a sticky here, but it doesn't mention the term reclamantion anywhere. Can't fault anyone for missing it :) Link:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18531
Last edited by Vipermagi on Sep 18, 2012, 6:06:40 PM
For the most part, the file requiring Reclamation is something we can't do yet! You'll probaly have to revert to an earlier content.ggpk file, or if you can't, copy it from another PC or delete it and patch again! I'd suggest backing up your content.ggpk file in case this happens again, before we can get a reclamation feature in. We're also going to change this error message so it's easier to understand!
Balance & Design
Last edited by Rory on Sep 18, 2012, 6:45:53 PM
Huh. I thought PackCheck was supposed to find corrupt files and re-download them? Curious as to what's different.
what does this mean? when i have this error i can delete the whole game and download everything new?
I hope this gets fixed soon, had to reinstall two times now x.x
I just got the ol' Blue screen. started her back up. "CORRUPTED FFFFFFFFF"

so here i am re-downloading 5.13 Gigs. :(
Captain Bubbles - Supporter - Kiwi Pack - Poohead
Hi guys,
I'm having the same problem as well.
I'm on a mac so i thought it may have just been a mac issue.

Well I just got this today, and it was not because of any problem with my system. No blue screen, no shut down or freeze up during a patch or anything. PoE had been left on the login screen since the night before so I know my system had not restarted or crashed during some invisible patching process that may have started without telling me. I tried to log on today and it said there had been a patch and I would have to restart the launcher to download it, I tried, and was immediately met with the message. After checking the forum I got the pack check, ran it through cmd prompt and was met with "Fatal Error: The pack file has corruption that can be fixed by running reclamation" on my command prompt screen.

I assume all this is the long way of saying the game f&*ked up and I have to reinstall it, but under the pretence that it was my computers fault somehow.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info