Belora's MI/CI Pure Summoner Build

Here's my current Summoner Build. This has proven to be VERY strong so far. I'm currently almost halfway through Ruthless, level 42, and I've died 0 times. Haven't even really come close to dying.

This build focuses on being a pure summoner with high energy shield and Chaos Inoculation. Equipment choice, besides ES, is of little importance. Because of this you can stack up all the IIR/IIQ you want and make a great magic finding character.

I took CI around level 38 if I remember right, and I had around 700ES at that time. I'm now up to around 1000ES.

Here's the Build as of 0.9.12

Belora's CI / MI Pure Summoner

I'm not yet sure how this will play out in the end of Merciless, but right now I feel unstoppable! There's plenty of room for tweaks such as taking less ES and adding in Str if you need it for equipment, or taking more ES and less Minion life or dmg. Whatever works for you.

My Current Skill Lineup is as follows

Attacks
-(Freezing Pulse) with (Item Rarity) and (Greater Multiple Projectiles) Supports
-(Ice Spear) with (Added Cold Dmg) and (Increased Critical Dmg)

Auras
-(Clarity), (Hatred), and (Wrath), all 3 at once.

Minions
-(Skeletons) & (Zombies) both linked to (Item Rarity) and (Minion Life)
-(Spectres) Linked to (Minion Life) and (Added Cold Dmg)

Here's My equipment at the moment. None of it's great, I'm really only focusing on IIQ/IIR

Spoiler

Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

That's pretty much it. Let me know what you think!

Last edited by chrisrv on Sep 18, 2012, 4:37:32 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
I dont understand why you take +30 Dex
instead of the +30 Int mark in your skill tree.

"
Muekke wrote:
I dont understand why you take +30 Dex
instead of the +30 Int mark in your skill tree.

Probably for the added cold damage gem (needed 56 dex) and maybe the boots.

I would like more IIR/IIQ equipment, but there are two items I am not keen on replacing right now.

Unavailable

Unavailable

The 35% MS is so nice for getting in and out of the middle of a group to drop a totem or trigger your zombies to attack. I might replace them for the Bones of Ullr (If I ever get them as a drop), but I'm not sure if I really need another zombie or spectre (I rarly summon one anyway).
Last edited by GoatEatingToilet on Sep 18, 2012, 7:33:03 PM
Oh my....
Just saw this thing of beauty on the forums...

Unavailable

If I got my hands on one of those, I would totally ditch CI and probably go for the Bones of Ullr as well.
i see no reason to get necro aegis with an MI build. i've gone a slightly different route with my pure summoner. the 2 20% regen nodes east of starting area look good though. i go through quite a bit of mana with minion life and minion damage linked to summon skeletons and raise zombie. am going to add raise spectre and item rarity to that once i get a 6L blue.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQMBBCMwZAcmypYNMSecD2ZMTBHES7wTayO-Fgm_0hfvGN4aSfBJIXnaeiGuO_Yy6rnsP55fTUJM1rxEDfVERq_-80lHOJxKJksZSsXTCk0zvqtOYownVRx9RmIW8uNjOr_IZhKo7mfpMtR3ABYJd6xxK3nSvml6ccf8g4Yb2otmthKQaVMllhxlapwjPKyhCJm_oap8BKNZqk2nLlnOqb8HYq129y6uc3EDsEl9orQO8i649ymjvSG7Vr37qXG_f_fiwL_LyMg5MAHLQR0RzcpmY9KRJwrZCR3Z4jL7de0lMkvt17l49Tm6j_rjGZP9mG3T

for some reason i couldn't "URL" the link. neither that or "Spoiler" seem to be working atm.
I agree, Dropzone, necro aegis is not really needed for a summoner build with MI (especially with all of the minion nodes and a few minion support gems tacked onto your summons).

I have went down a bit of a different path with my new summoner (currently level 65). Decided to skip a lot of the energy shield cooldown recovery nodes this time around (I am at 110% with my other summoner build and only 45% with this one. It is noticeable, but I just have to stay out of reach for a few seconds longer). Instead I invested in a second totem, which I find to be very worthwhile. One totem summons Skeletons while the other throws vulnerability out there. I was going to get hex master, but mobs are constantly cursed with the second totem anyway, so there was no need. Went for the collective 44% extra mana cluster to the southeast of it though.

If I can get my hands on the Ullr and Midnight unique items before the OB wipe I will likely remove a good portion of my ES nodes into health ones and, of course, drop CI.

CI/2 Totem Summoner Build

Skill Setup

Attacks
-Err...zombies and skeletons and curses, oh my! I honestly love not having to spam anything with a summoner build and, as you can see, I truly choose not to.
--Curse: Vulnerability, which is included in the 4-link skele-totem setup listed below, simply so I didn't have to use another totem gem to have both out at the same time. I am considering changing vulnerability out for temporal chains simply because of the move speed of some enemies.

Auras
-Clarity, Discipline, Wrath and Anger. Yup, all 4 at once.

Minions
-Skeletons linked to a totem gem and minion damage. Since they are linked to a totem and have a limited amount of time on the field anyway, I decided to forgo linking either minion speed or life to them.
-Zombies linked to minion life, minion damage and item rarity.
-Spectre...is kinda like the third wheel of my minion selection now, I still hardly ever use it and it is not linked to anything.

My gear is really crappy. Looking for better iir/iiq stuff, but not a lot of luck so far.
Last edited by GoatEatingToilet on Sep 19, 2012, 6:14:02 PM
"
chrisrv wrote:
I'm not yet sure how this will play out in the end of Merciless

I speak from experience when I say you'll find endgame to be a cake walk with this build. I had a level 70 HC build almost identical to yours in regards to the passive tree, and it was an absolute breeze, even before they fixed all the minion issues.

I died from complete stupidity on my part and am working on building another one exactly like the last. Keep going with this build and your own personal army of the undead will trash everything that gets in your way.

It's not a build for everyone but it's great if you like watching other things get their hands dirty for you.
Thanks for the comments everyone. I wasn't sure about Necromatic Aegis and MI working together. I think I'll take your suggestion and remove it for something else.

Here's some links to my updated equipment if anyone is interested.

Spoiler

Unavailable

Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

I'm very interested in all the various Summoner builds, as I'm playing a Witch Summoner, so thanks for the builds you guys have posted.

I do wonder, though, with the recent change to not being able to keep up auras on an item you de-equip after casting them, how that affects the builds presented here.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson
Im not a big fan of clarity and CI but if it works for you its fine (part of me being careless so the big red pot helps to remind me lol)

I propose removing rarity and adding quantity when you feel comfortable to do so, reason is IR is easier to get on gear.

Apart from that I had good results with fire trap and fire talents, using ice spear though for the cc (cold to fire conversion gem) and elem weakness. At your level i used vulnerability though, worked like a charm with minions and fire trap dot.

ps: i have the boots for sale if you want

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info