looking for an old post by chris...

In one post chris listed the exact probabilities that jewelers' and fusing orbs used as of an old patch level (0.9.9??). I've searched on google and with the forum software, no joy. Can't find it.

I know of the "official guide to fusing mechanics" thread based on a test run of 600 jewler's orbs. But then chris' numbers were different. I'm more interested in chris' numbers even though they are super old.

I can't find it. Anyone know where this is?
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Well, you can look back through Chris's posting history, and I can confirm that it's not in the first 40 pages of posts (so, before july 1st). I recently looked through those for a specific quote, and saw nothing of jewler/fusing probability.

Blah, now I'm looking through them myself, I'll let you know if I find an answer.

Update: I just got to his post about how CI went from 80% down to 50% more ES, /cry

'nother edit: While looking through his posts, I noticed one on the orb of chance community log that's somewhat related to this (as far as his philosophy on releasing exact probabilities), just substitute "unique" for "6L" =)
"
Chris wrote:

We withhold certain information like the unique rate because we change it often and don't want players feeling entitled to rolling uniques. If you know the chance of something is 1 in 10, you're going to be very angry after spending 30 Orbs and failing (due to bad luck).

Edit: it's not 1 in 10.

Update: 64 pages of posts so far, back to before 9.9, right where they expanded their office. You know that saying about how the more time you spend with someone the more you fall in love with them? I think I'm starting to get a crush on Chris.
Last edited by Aplier on Sep 16, 2012, 9:35:02 PM
75 pages of Chris's posts, all the way back to the beginning of April, and I found nothing regarding jeweler/fusing probability. I'm giving up on this search, if someone else would like to pick it up, http://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-posts/Chris/page/76 is where I left off.
Maybe it is this? Ran into it when I got screwed by Fusings.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/20338
That probably is it, from all the way back in february, I was only a month and a half away!!!! q_q

"
Chris wrote:
0.9.6f: 1:100 2:90 3:80 4:30 5:5 6:1

This may change of course - I put the version number on it so that people from the future know to ignore it.

You're right that it'll never reroll to the same number it currently has.

Hello past Chris, this is future Aplier, here to make everyone aware that that number might not be accurate! =)
"
ionface wrote:

That's what I used for this search, lol. For future searches, just use me =P
I guess google is fun too, ^_^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info