The Dreaded Wipe

will we get to keep ANYTHING for the move to open beta? I hope people that supported the game early on will at least get a little something to keep from the closed beta :\
You keep all your GGGbucks and store purchases (such as stash tabs), Supporter Kiwis, any Demigod's Amulets (event prizes), and your name.
I for one am looking forward to the wipe. Cause then, there will be no more wipe!!!

Also, I love my toons name. Slurms. Glad to have that too.
I would be happy to wipe all my rubbish out of my stash and everyone can get a fresh and fair start.

The lost char exp is not so bad as the more I play in CB, the better I get experienced with the game and can compensate my "lost" time. It used to need 10-12 hrs for me to pass act 1 and recently my new char only takes 3. Its nothing to brag about as true speed runner can make it much better but enough to display the big potential.

And its because of the wipe ppl can try risky crafting and crazy trades.
Last edited by BesucherXia on Sep 15, 2012, 11:36:21 PM
"
sambackward12 wrote:
a little something to keep

Knowledge
"A tool knows exactly how it is meant to be handled, while the user of the tool can only have an approximate idea." -Milan Kundera
you get to keep the 'Beta Member' forum icon :P
I was thinking more along the lines of a stash tab of items or something. Something to make the act of reprogressing less grueling
Nope, everything related to progress gets wiped, all players will start from square zero, so no one will have any direct advantage over new players (other than game knowledge and experience from playing in the closed beta).
sigh...it's gonna really blow losing all the great items and builds...
Well, GGG has made no attempt to hide that there will be a wipe when closed beta ends. If you didn't want to lose anything, then waiting until open beta to start playing would have been a better idea. I know that I'll still shed a tear when the wipe happens, but I'm looking at the positive aspects of such a wipe. I can try builds, and waste tons on regrets to tweak my build until I know just what I'll want. I can make overall bad trades if it gets me an item that will help me test a new build idea. And best of all, I can give away my old gear for free without feeling bad about lowering my net worth.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info