The Dreaded Wipe

Without regular legacy migrations, default has sort of become Legacy itself.

And Legacy must be wiped come Open.

Think of this time as a sort of dream, a conceptual what-if phase in the game's development. The best of this dream goes towards the real thing, and the worst is hopefully discarded.

The wipe is essential to making that dream a reality.

When the game enters Open Beta, we can finally stop thinking of this as a 'test' and embrace it for what we already feel it to be: a game.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Charan wrote:
BLURP

Well, I guess we can always rely on Charan to make it poetic.
BLURP BLURP BLURP BLURP, BLURP BLURP BLURP, BLURP BLURP BLURP BLURP BLURP BLURP BLURP!
I open my mouth, words come out, but all anyone hears is BLURP!
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Charan wrote:
Without regular legacy migrations, default has sort of become Legacy itself.

This... really. I wish they wiped us every major patch.

Btw do you really type with your mouth Charan?
✠ ✠
The open beta wipe will be an landmark event in gaming history that we'll tell stories of to our grandchildren as they gaze in starry-eyed wonder at the rebirth of excellent games and the end of the Dark Age of Kotick.

"I have never yet met anyone who did not think it was an agreeable sensation to cut tinfoil with scissors." -- Georg Christoph Lichtenberg
"
Wooser69 wrote:
My only problem with the incoming wipe is that there just isn't much motivation to play until then, I'd rather just keep up to date with changes and not spend hours playing my high level char who's gonna get deaded in a month.

That's why you make new characters using new skills so you can test them out and make posts in the skill feedback section, or use new passives so you can post in the passive feedback section :)
I actually don't mind the wipe, I plan to take a short break before the wipe, and then start fresh.
Procurement  : The Ultimate Exile's Companion!
Forum Thread : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/172710/page/1
Github : https://github.com/Stickymaddness/Procurement/
Last edited by Stickymaddness on Sep 17, 2012, 5:16:11 AM
"
Charan wrote:
BLURP BLURP BLURP BLURP, BLURP BLURP BLURP, BLURP BLURP BLURP BLURP BLURP BLURP BLURP!
I open my mouth, words come out, but all anyone hears is BLURP!

stop spamming "BLURP"
Mod abusing.

:P

Perm. Retired from this unforgiving land of the Exiles.
Self-impost EXILED.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info