Long-time player experiencing first time severe lag/desync issues with new patch.

I've played this game since may 2012. Every single patch has improved the game upon arrival and the game has progressed exponentially. This patch, on the other hand, is the first time where I feel that GGG might have made an error in deployment.

First off: It took me 6 hours to download the patch (even with using different vpns for faster download speed.

Second: The game is running incredibly laggy. I get lag spikes from 150 to 2000 (unplayable) And it desyncs every 3-4 seconds...

I tried everything from reinstalling to tinkering with my graphic settings and I'm 100% positive it's server side. Something is terribly wrong with this patch. Either your servers are being overloaded with downloads still and the server is unstable or something is wrong with the patch. I sincerely hope it's the former.

GGG, I'm a long time supporter and always will be. I have faith that this will be resolved. I'm just here to inform you guys that I (personally) i have not noticed a performance increase whatsoever.

thanks in advance for any responses.

My guess is that the servers are overloaded while everyone and his dog are downloading the large patch.

While holding my breath, I assume the safe day to play again will be tomorrow
The best thing to do in cases like this is to run a WinMTR report. This will show any obvious connection issues you may be experiencing, and can help us find a resolution. You can find a guide on how to use WinMTR here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/361292
I ran the report and sent you the results, hopefully you can let me know when/if the solution to this will arrive. Thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info