patch download speeds?

ok this is rediculas been downloading for over 3.5 hours and im at 2% wtf is going on , id like to play today not next week. this is starting to be just like d3 was a full day of not playn cmon GGG get this shit going.
I started the download as soon as the servers went down. It has been downloading now for 4 hrs and only at 38%. This is kinda getting dumb. Speed is constantly going to 140 k/b down all the way down to 5 k/b and i have 20 m/b. This should of been down in like 20 min.
wow 38% ur lucky im at 11 % and i started right afer game went down also, are we doing something wrong here , wtf is going on here.... hello GGG DO SOMETHING HERE.
"
Drakier wrote:
it is not constructive and does no one any good to spread conspiracy theories... so let's just keep to the facts and keep on topic. If I had started my download 5 minutes earlier I would have easily been done when he was.

Conspiracy theories? So logic is... A(me) B(him) start at the same time. yet (A) is only at 35.28% and (B) was done within about 10 minutes(These are facts) they are not theories. My thinking that he has a special mirrior site thats theory and its a pretty darn good one. Care to explain how he did it, if he truly doesnt have one? KEEP IN MIND I STARTED immediately allocation was done within seconds. My connection is insane where i live close to a T3. Please explain to me what else it could be I live in the US where we a actual conspiracy theory get immediate downloads. (Total BS)
Ign = touchmytreestrees
"
darkphalenxz1 wrote:
Conspiracy theories? So logic is... A(me) B(him) start at the same time. yet (A) is only at 35.28% and (B) was done within about 10 minutes(These are facts) they are not theories. My thinking that he has a special mirrior site thats theory and its a pretty darn good one. Care to explain how he did it, if he truly doesnt have one? KEEP IN MIND I STARTED immediately allocation was done within seconds. My connection is insane where i live close to a T3. Please explain to me what else it could be I live in the US where we a actual conspiracy theory get immediate downloads. (Total BS)

Then explain this. I started about 3 or 4 minutes after patch went up. I had a 1.8GB download, and got about 90% of the way through before the speeds choked me down to a crawl. Had I started at the exact time the patch was released, I would have also been done. I don't have any magic conspiracy mirror sites or other way of getting the patch. I just launched the Client.exe like everyone else.

Speeds are pretty subjective and you can't say that someone has some special mirror or special treatment just because they downloaded the whole thing and you didn't. That's the nature of networks in general. Each route is different depending on where you are. I COULD have been done before the problems started with speeds had I started a little sooner.

So your logic may make sense in your head, but that doesn't make anything "fact". It just means it's a theory (and a wrong one). By your logic, I shouldn't have even been CLOSE to finished... I should have been only about 30% by your logic... but I wasn't.
Easily you are full of crap.
Ign = touchmytreestrees
"
darkphalenxz1 wrote:
Easily you are full of crap.

I have no reason to lie, but you continue believing what you want. I'm certainly not going to be able to convince you otherwise.
Path of Exile?

More like Patch of Exile!

lololol

... so lonely and bored without my PoE
I think GGG should make a .zip file patch and some convert manager.For god sake the downloading is so slow and i'm in VietNam regions @-@

download speed drops over time ... ONLY happens with PoE patches, but with ALL PoE patches of notable size > 10 MB

changed my DNS from google to provider DNS .. no difference

its a bit better with a VPN, but still only between 50kb/s and 150kb/s and NOT the 500kb/s i have

.. I'm out of ideas :(
Last edited by PopeJo on Nov 13, 2013, 11:51:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info