Spark-N-Arc Build ( a 3 Totem Build) Updated for v1.0.0 (update starts p6 of thread)

From this point forward information in this thread pertains to POE v 1.0.0
Please note that not all previously posted Skill Tree Links display the proper allocation of skills as they were at the time of posting. Not to mention they are no longer relevant.

I took a lvl 15 Witch and re-spec'd for testing the lower lvls of this build. I'm not going into detail with this post. I just wanted to say that I've found the boost Arc got to be very nice indeed. Check out how it works in the video below. Arc is in a +1 shield so the Tool Tip mouse-over indicates lvl 2 Arc stats.

video http://youtu.be/8j3roGmbnyY

Update time; I played the lvl 15 Witch up to lvl 24, to get a feel for the changes made in v1.0.0. Here's the lvl 24 Skill Tree Spark-N-Arc Triple Totem lvl 24 POE v1.0.0

As I mentioned in my last post; Arc is better than it was. In the new Gardens, those monsters that run around really fast, eating corpses and spitting them at you, 3 Arc totems work very well on them. I can't run 4 Auras right now, not enough to cast totems with 4,so, it's 3 Auras for now. My skill tree plans and Reduced Mana Support Gems leveling up (then making 20/20's), should address this "problem". Below is more of an "in-depth" breakdown of my new stats etc. I've provided stats in parentheses from the Beta for comparison.

The Build
Spoiler
Character lvl 85

Auras
Clarity lvl 10, 13.3 Mana/sec (up from 11.5) 111 flat rate mana reserved (down from 155)
Discipline lvl 19, 303 ES (up from 202) 28% or 300 mana reserved for me (up from 26%/136)
Purity lvl 19, 27% Resist All, 2% Max Resist (down 1%), 18% or 193 mana reserved for me (down from 26%/300)
Haste lvl 19, 16% Cast/Attack Speed (up from 13%) 8% Movement Speed (up from 5%), 28% or 300 mana reserved for me (change from 26%/300 so no net change in mana pool) As stated, Haste will be run at a later time.

ES 3187 (up from 2996) with Auras

Spork DPS 467.8 (527 with Haste)(Beta DPS 587.7) there's the nerf.
Mana Cost 170 (up from 160)
Cast time 0.42 (up from 0.4)

Arc DPS 318.5 (373.5 with Haste)(Beta DPS 338.2)
Mana Cost 181 (down from 213)
Cast Time 0.58 (down from 0.64)

Str 148 (128 Beta) I'll look at the tree and see if I can regret a node or two.

Dex 230 (200 Beta)

Intel 408 (386 Beta)

Fire & Lightning Resist 77 (down from 78)

Cold Resist 52 (down from 54)

Current Skill Tree Spark-n-Arc Triple Totem lvl 85 POE v1.0

The Equipment
Spoiler
Current Equipment

I will keep this page updated as things change. There are a few nodes I opted to hold off on for a little bit in lieu of others. Most notable, the Shock in the Shadow Tree and the Crit nodes on the way to it. That's part of why I took the DPS hit.

Now it's time to go run around the New World GGG have provided for us!!

Take Care and Have FUN Everyone!

I spec'd out of 2 30 Dex Nodes and 1 30 Str Node. The new skill tree allocations change the information related to the Totem DPS listed before. The numbers here indicate 1.0.0 vs Beta.

Spork DPS 508.7 (573.1 with Haste)(Beta DPS 587.7)
Mana Cost 170 (up from 160)
Cast time 0.42 (up from 0.4)

Arc DPS 347.4 (407.3 with Haste)(Beta DPS 338.2)
Mana Cost 181 (down from 213)
Cast Time 0.58 (down from 0.64)

So that's the difference with the spec change. So while Arc did get a buff, the cost change in mana reserved makes a big impact. The Beta DPS values above are with 4 Auras, so Haste was up. As I mentioned before, I think I'll be able to get Haste up as well. Just need the points for the tree.

Speaking of the tree; Spark-N-Arc 3 Totem lvl 85 slight change POE v1.0

Take care everyone!
After playing for a bit, I'm not so sure a Triple Totem Build with Lightning is viable anymore. More info here. http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/550325/page/1
OP.

Why skip body and soul nodes and doom cast?
"
bowfer8660 wrote:
OP.

Why skip body and soul nodes and doom cast?

I was going to head for Doom Cast next, she was doing well enough at lvl 80-85 that I felt it was more of an "End Game Move". Then I was planning on the Shock Duration Nodes in the Witch area. That would have left me 6 points, at that point I would have looked at my ES and Totems, to decide which one needed to be addressed more. Body and Soul would have still been obtainable at that point with 6 allocations remaining. I may at some point use some of my regret orbs to tweak her a little bit. But right now I'm just not in the right mindset. I also have a lvl 80 Summoner, and I'm honestly not wanting to re-spec her right now...

Thanks for your input and interest in this thread.

Take care everyone and have FUN!!!

edit; I was also keeping in mind the "Reduced Mana Reserved" Node just before the Leadership Notable in-between the Witch and Scion Start Areas, slightly left. That is also obtainable, if need be, to add the Haste Aura back in.
Last edited by RutRoh on Oct 25, 2013, 10:27:11 PM
I have wanted to try a pure totem build aswell, since playing summoner with 2 totems (with arc-blind to set off EE).

Why all the auras? Don't really see the great benefit of anything but purity and discpline for surviving. Have you considered speccing towards totem passives rather than auras and elemental damage?

something like:

There are 2 clusters with multiplier and chance to crit, which could be taken on this route.

PS. Also if you are able to generate power charges (despite the no damage when using multiple totems) you could pick up 3 charges for 4 points and get some insane crit. Not sure if you can generate them though, but I can test it with my summoner.

Hejren / Triceps / Regnbuen / Sarinti / Striglen / Mareridt / Spoegelset / Doktoren / Dobbelganger / Skjoldtrold / Forkynderen
Even with the nerfs, is that item setup and skill build still useable? Does anything need to be changed?
Does the Increased Crtical Damage, Lightning Pene, and Faster Casting on the robe, do they effect Arc?
Last edited by rookie91 on Nov 16, 2013, 11:28:03 AM
Any further updates you can provide? Or do you find this sufficient with the current Version? I noticed you mentioned this isnt viable, i was thinking of turning the build to an item find alternative
Last edited by iAmCanadianEh on Apr 9, 2014, 2:38:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info