Reave build for a Shadow

"
APCY wrote:
"
SEOINAGE wrote:
As far as I can tell that's all anyone is doing with it. But mostly people saying double strike plus splash is still much better.

No one cares who is better u little fuck, people just want to have some fun by playing something diffrent.

Lol wow, no one calls me little. Anyways, I agree with the sentiment people want to have fun playing something different, which is what i almost always do. I have yet to try reave, just reporting what everyone else keeps saying.
"
SEOINAGE wrote:
"
APCY wrote:
"
SEOINAGE wrote:
As far as I can tell that's all anyone is doing with it. But mostly people saying double strike plus splash is still much better.

No one cares who is better u little fuck, people just want to have some fun by playing something diffrent.

Lol wow, no one calls me little. Anyways, I agree with the sentiment people want to have fun playing something different, which is what i almost always do. I have yet to try reave, just reporting what everyone else keeps saying.

Ya basically these are your options:
1. dual wield melee splash and dual strike
2. sword and board with reave and double strike
3. dual wield reave and your off hand doesn't count for anything other than a faster attack bonus

so yeah, the best way to reave is with a shield which is REALLY disappointing for me as ive been waiting for a way to make an all dex/int dual wield knife guy, and still cant realistically do that thanks to the decision to not make reave work with dual wield
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
My biggest beef with this skill is that a default attack will reset it. Meaning you absolutely cannot run reave linked in any way which may run out of mana. Also the first 3 stages all feel like they are base melee range so unless you have 3 stacks already its worse than double/frenzy/etc.

I think they really have to make it so default attacks don't strip stacks and eliminate the first 3 stacks and just start at that range.
It uses such a small amount of mana I can still run three auras and leech enough back. I tried it out legatus with dual wield. And with my character that has unrealistic weapons it is still strong. I have yet to try it on a lower level onslaught character with dual wield, likely going to need a shield.

I will post up video once it uploads. It was pretty fun with a strong character in the middle of a big pack with increased aoe and knockback to see it look like a 360 degree radius. But otherwise dps can be good with conc effect and other damage gems, but more fun with the others imo.

As for the running out of mana and it resetting charges, that is insanely annoying, but only did it to me if there weren't enough mobs around. there no way to disable it auto attacking if that skill runs out of mana?
I've tried it yestoday on my ci-critdagger shadow and went back to double strike/melee splash for a few reasons:
1. Reave resets stages on every whirrling blades use and i'm pretty addicted to whirrling blade linked with faster attacks for movement (i run 3 elemental resist flasks, granite, diamond - really don't want to squeeze quicksilver there).
2. Reave has clunky interaction with multistrike gem: since it alternates between targets it often turns character in different direction from main bunch to hit some lone mob pounding on your back and with this wholle wave hits one mob. With melee splash damage centers on that mob and still hits even mobs behind me (with 16% increased aoe from talents and 20q melee splash AOE radius is very significant).

As i see it now Reave is a good skill, but its weird behaviour with multistrike makes for different support gem choice and i won't have enough APS to stack it fast enough since most nodes i took are crit/crit mult. Imo it's a really good adition for sword based gameplay since DW swords often get to 8-10 aps, but for daggers it's worse skill then good old double strike/splash or dual strike/splash.
reave weapon of choice and brightbeak the BB isnt used but gives the speed bonus, works well.
"
SEOINAGE wrote:
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
It sounds like you'll want faster attacks as your first link to this skill due to the nature of its inherent aoe scaling effect

Wouldn't multistrike accomplish this better.

Also bad news, it alternates weapons rather than attacking with both, and there is no dw wield bonus other than 10% ias and explicit modifiers. Basically I thought it would have better dual wield function, well I hoped. Haven't tried it yet, but will be doing so shortly. I doubt it can outperform my cyclone set up.

Ya, most people use both with reave to maximize the scaling quickly and get lots of leech. I'm not sure if I was drunk or what when I made this post because it's half finished.

I have also expressed disappointment with the decision not to make reave dual wield friendly but it doesn't seem like GGG is all that interested in giving dual daggers wielders real options, despite 2 swords existing which can use just about every skill in the game.

Sigh :(
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Mar 9, 2014, 7:50:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info