EVERYONE IS QUITTING FROM NO PVP CHANGES

Would love some sort of PVP feedback from GGG so people can atleast have some idea of when to come back to this game

So I just came back from a long break to find that there is still no PVP change..
I usually play the 28 bracket because it is fun and challenging when making builds with limited gear/skillpoints But it takes so long to find a match because nobody does pvp anymore
EVERYONE I USED TO PVP with has either quit, or keeping tabs on this game like I am to see if it gets better.

ALL WE NEED IS A LADDER...a simple ladder system in pvp. something for people to see who is in the top 25 win/loss ratio. GGG is probably like "okay but how will we prevent people from just dueling their friends and losing to help them get on the leaderboard" idk? matchmaking sytem that matches you with people around your skill lvl...its been way too long and you guys have to have some ideas up there.

the pvp in this game (atleast lvl 28) is way too fun to not be played. but Qs take too long..

I love this game and I don't wanna see it die anymore. if you guys fix pvp, this game will be right up there with D2 in my books. but you guys gotta fix pvp....or it wont even compare to d2.

I know you guys are busy with the October release or w/e. but comeon this game is the biggest kept secret in the world. I just found out about it not too long ago. you gotta fix pvp so peeps will come back and tell their friends ect.

best of luck and thanks for the game. great job (only gripe I got is pvp)
IGN Oprahs_Gynecologist
with chris's last post on the PvP forums:

"
Chris wrote:
These are completely valid points. I'm trying to schedule time in the coming months to really improve PvP and add decent support for tournaments and such!

In the meantime, I'll discuss these points with the team.

posted on july 8th, goin on 2 months since the post. Its now the end of the race season and according to a previous statement, something about PvP updates around the 3rd or 4th race season...it would seem like its time for them to discuss alot more than just cutthroat with us.

I really hope they have been working on something solid and are going to surprise us. If they have not started any PvP related updates and are just about to "start talking" about them I admit I will be upset because its overdo for atleast some small changes.

This is the main reason I troll and kill people at bandits...I get 10 times the action there than I do in LLD pvp queue.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
true. I quited cause there is no open pvp same in horrible D3
guys don't expect new PvP content anytime soon, GGG busy with Act3X..so probably going to be another year without PvP improvements. Hope some PvP changes at 2014-2015.
if it really takes that long to fix pvp then they will probably lose 1/3 of their players to other games. I hate grinding for gear in games....unless it is boosting my pvp char. when there is no action in pvp. there is no incentive for me to grind gear. and then I will not play. im sure a lot of other competitive gamers feel the same way. (Diablo2) only thing that made the game woth playing, was the fact that you could make a sick mf char and use that toon to grind for pvp gears..end game was endless. GGG needs to do something about this.

they are quick on fixing any bug problems that are put out on the forums. but it seems that everyone on the pvp forums is stating the same issues and getting nothing in return.
even if their changes suck, that's why this is in beta.....so when the full game is rdy the pvp will be amazing.
IGN Oprahs_Gynecologist
"
dimraiden wrote:
guys don't expect new PvP content anytime soon, GGG busy with Act3X..so probably going to be another year without PvP improvements. Hope some PvP changes at 2014-2015.

seriously would be a bad business model with how many players will lose attraction to the game. I spent money on cosmetics just for LLD, now I cant show off my pimp gear because its pretty slow and most people waiting for patches or quitting. Diablo 3 failed imo mostly because of uninspired pvp and real money auction house. While this game will succeed no matter what since its so damn good, it will still suffer from lack of pvp...I promise.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
"
KelcieBadger wrote:
Would love some sort of PVP feedback from GGG so people can atleast have some idea of when to come back to this game

+1
Last edited by TheDiablo666 on Aug 22, 2013, 12:49:28 PM
"
TheDiablo666 wrote:
"
KelcieBadger wrote:

+1

+1
I completely agree, I find my self logging on less and less because I get no PvP feedback from the characters I make. I haven't even had a chance to do any PvP since I started playing and that's the whole reason I play this game. We'll see if they are willing to put the time in to create compelling PvP content because if not, I'm gone.
IGN: Biblets
You cant match someone up with the same skill level since its your character that matters, not your "skill". The only "Skill" there is... is your character, so how can you match someone up against a player with the same "skill"?

Around same level would be awesome... so u can have ladder for:

Top level 1 pvp.
Top level 2 pvp.
Top level 3 pvp.

..... up untill lvl 28.

Level 1,s play pvp against each other to try and reach top ladder. Level 1,s need to do all the skillquests somehow though... without leveling up.... I suggested Disable exp income before cuz its just needed to solve certain problems. Its annoying when you are level 28 and cant kill monsters cuz of the bloody exp.

Problem with level 1-9 pvp is... no flicker strike... which can result in the pvp being shitty.

Notice that there are level 16 players that can kill level 28 characters with ease... (Brand) This Means that people who have level 16 characters and play against another level 16 character wont cry if he loses... You may still get destroyed against a expensive pvp twink with the same level, but the typical level 16 witch has nothing to get mad over if this is done.

For low lvl PvP make a twink... otherwise there is just no point. People who just killed Merveil and tries PvP are obviously not expected to win... Yet i think they are the people who dont like the PvP system.

PvP is not "Skillbased" it is based on your character and gear. Everyone who complains about the pvp plz keep this in mind.

The wait takes forever because there is not enough interrest in it... It needs to be more interresting somehow. I am personaly happy with the PvP... cuz its fun. But people who expect to win as level 16 who just killed Merveil Arent playing the PvP game... they are just testing it randomly... if you get what I mean. They die as level 16 and get mad because there are no other level 16,s (With act 1 gear.) But if it A PVP LEVEL 16 and not a ACT 1 level 16 its fair that the guy who is just testing it loses. PvP is a mini game in PoE, you haft to build your character around it. Thats the Whole point. People who dont do this are the ones who are not interrested in it.

... But if we split low lvl pvp into 28 levels it.... may be impossible to wait for someone to join, with the exception of level 28.

Note: I havent quitted the game I just have too many Things to do atm.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info