ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

I have physicsl damage on rings and gloves and physical % on belt. I lack a bit in elemental resist. Maybe i will sell my soultaker and take a legacy one with 180+
Maybe we can talk tomorrow, when you are online.
Thank you very much

Best regards, pete

Edit: im only level 69. does that count?
Last edited by GuestVI on Nov 19, 2013, 6:44:43 AM
Hi im using this build after rerolling my discharge at domination league.

Having a lot of fun with him.

That is my current gear.

Spoiler

Im at 10.8k dps with double strike, and +65 to all resist (need to cap some of them).

Should i buy a Soul Taker? (right now i have 306 axe dps and i cant find any soul taker been higher than 280dps).
"
patrickvibild wrote:

Should i buy a Soul Taker? (right now i have 306 axe dps and i cant find any soul taker been higher than 280dps).

The main reason for soul taker in my mind is so you can ignore mana. If you aren't having mana issues, then go for the DPS!
Playing a variant of this build on HC atm and it's working like a charm

My stats and gear are still a bit lackluster, though. Dont have BoR yet and only 5k DPS on double-strike. 60% Block, 40% Armor, 45% Evasion and 3k life (need to get gloves and rings with Life to boost that a bit...).

Opted in for some Armor to reduce the damage from the occasional melee-hits that do get through. Should be quite easy to stay around 30% mitigation even with BoR while still having 40%'ish chance to Evade.

Only thing I'm kinda struggling with is capping my resists with no resists from chest/helmet... I've got em capped when I use Carnage Heart instead of Stone of Lazwhar, though. Dont have any tri-res pieces, though. Only pieces with two resists each but with good %s. I might have to use 3 points to get 18% into each resist near the Scion tree just to cap...

My current build at 100 pts here:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4B3ASxBS0ILhUgGY4a2xutG_oj9iXfKk0s6TGeNZI94j8nQKBHfkjuSn1KyExgTeNT31b6WNtaSFs9YEtlTWegbmluqnRBdO1313gNeK567311fyuE2YTvh3aI8ZVmm4ObjZ65pBmmV6luq8WsWayvtfK3076KvqfAD8OGxLjQR9JN037V7dX41orXy90N55Htg-4O7_D8xf6P_rpsRnJsMglhIRLhouoaVQY5ecDu2W-E-4FrKf9h1BKKr5ARguQ64fJF_go=
Last edited by crafteri on Nov 20, 2013, 2:16:39 AM
run 72 Labyrinth Map last night. It's a bit tough when hitting a rare which like kind of spider coming out from the ground (sorry, i forgot the name of it, size quite big). Basically, i'll be killed when it's kind of self exploded (or a fire ball??) for 2 times. Half of the HP were gone by this attack.

My resist:
Fire: 70
Cool: 45
Light: 43

Not sure what actual attack from this rare is. Anyone got an idea?

Thanks.
Last edited by 1up1up1 on Nov 20, 2013, 4:15:46 AM
Hi,

i was playing this build in HC and having a blast. I found clearing content to be no issue. i ended up RIPing when i faced the boss at the end on Act 2 (cruel lvl 48ish) and took 2 lasers to the face with a bit of lag thrown in :<.

What are your thoughts of doing this build but starting at dualist? It would give you early access into Testudo and multiple life points. Is this viable? or do you lack evasion to early?

I do want to try this again but switch things up slightly. i was thinking a tree something like this as a base/outline.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBAF4C0AR-BLEF-QbpCC4JIRXwGY4a2xvII_YnYTIBOJY6WD3iQzFHfkjuSn1MYE4qU99W-ljbWkhbr14TYeJh62VNZ6Bqk3RBdK507XfXeK56U311fyuE2YTvhxmHdofblWaZK5smm4ObjaOKpn-rxayvsbOyGbVItkG3F7fTvYG-p8APw4bPetJN037V7daK2j3bVd0N3vbndOeR6NbtQe2D7g7veu_w-WP8xf66

Thanks for all your input and info so far.
Last edited by nivvyosaurus on Nov 20, 2013, 7:15:03 AM
hi, after playing a dualwielder with high block chance full EV and acrobatics, whos downside was casters i really liked the way your build looked.
i started in domination and leveling was smooth.
ive started doing some maps and only prob i have is with eleweakness + add fire dmg since my resi suck, congrats on the build xD

now i thought about it a bit and seeing how life gain on hit scales with damageeffectiveness i decided to go for heavy strike which has 150 in one hit while double strike has 140 in two so based on how armor works heavy should be even better. havent done really high maps so your thoughts on this would be nice.

i also decided to go for a 120% Saffell's Frame (5% max resi are nice too) and take 40% dodge and save some shield points and dont need to take 2 pieces of gear with no life. currently at 50% evade and 40 block with blind should be 5% chance to get hit which works well as long as i blind xD
im at 4,6k life, running hatred + grace, and linked heavy strike with bm (on BoR bloodmagic heavysstrike multistrike meleesplash) so i have no mana problem. i dont know if 50 evade + dodge will do since i dont know what my real evade chance is against high level bosses. do you have any experience with this?

EDIT: its 7,5% chance to get hiz with 50%evade+blind+40%dodge

my tree atm

Last edited by Nigirsu on Nov 25, 2013, 12:07:04 PM
so hello :) , kinda delayed writing a review until i was around lvl 70 . This build can pretty much do w.e you need to do , its not flashy and it wont insta clear rooms( not yet for me anyways) rly fast but...it gets the job done with low risk of dying . I have mediocre gear with caped resists and i only have 5k dps with hatred on and ive yet to have any issue with any content . I may not kill a boss super fast but i know i wont die so i just stand there pewpewing him...i know he will die and my hp wont even drop . It is a low risk build that is very rewarding especially if u like to solo . Ty so much for creating this and i would highly recommend it to anyone frustrated with end game content and having to depend on high end unique to be viable . Also some mana and lifeleech rly goes a long way with this , i have no mama and hp issues .
"
Breken wrote:
"
patrickvibild wrote:

The main reason for soul taker in my mind is so you can ignore mana. If you aren't having mana issues, then go for the DPS!

I agree with this, I have seen quite a few rare axes with higher DPS than even legacy Soul Takers.

"
crafteri wrote:

Opted in for some Armor to reduce the damage from the occasional melee-hits that do get through. Should be quite easy to stay around 30% mitigation even with BoR while still having 40%'ish chance to Evade.

If you are trying to incorporate armor into the build. I recommend you get a Granite Flask with 90%+ increased armor mod, and use a high level Molten Shell. Just using Molten Shell and a Granite Flask I got to 8K armor back when I was testing the CWDT gems. The problem is that 8K armor really won't help to mitigate extremely high physical attack damage, and it helps mostly with regular mobs - which are not really a problem with this build. I would also recommend adding in Immortal Call on trigger if you are really looking to make this build extremely defensive.

"
1up1up1 wrote:
run 72 Labyrinth Map last night. It's a bit tough when hitting a rare which like kind of spider coming out from the ground (sorry, i forgot the name of it, size quite big). Basically, i'll be killed when it's kind of self exploded (or a fire ball??) for 2 times. Half of the HP were gone by this attack.

My resist:
Fire: 70
Cool: 45
Light: 43

Not sure what actual attack from this rare is. Anyone got an idea?

Hi - these are the Devourers - a lot of builds are having trouble against these and you can browse the main forums and see there are posts about nerfing Devourers nearly every day. I'm pretty sure those fireball attacks are SPELLs and I do not have trouble against them given the high spell block.

"
nivvyosaurus wrote:
Hi,

i was playing this build in HC and having a blast. I found clearing content to be no issue. i ended up RIPing when i faced the boss at the end on Act 2 (cruel lvl 48ish) and took 2 lasers to the face with a bit of lag thrown in :<.

What are your thoughts of doing this build but starting at dualist? It would give you early access into Testudo and multiple life points. Is this viable? or do you lack evasion to early?

I do want to try this again but switch things up slightly. i was thinking a tree something like this as a base/outline.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBAF4C0AR-BLEF-QbpCC4JIRXwGY4a2xvII_YnYTIBOJY6WD3iQzFHfkjuSn1MYE4qU99W-ljbWkhbr14TYeJh62VNZ6Bqk3RBdK507XfXeK56U311fyuE2YTvhxmHdofblWaZK5smm4ObjaOKpn-rxayvsbOyGbVItkG3F7fTvYG-p8APw4bPetJN037V7daK2j3bVd0N3vbndOeR6NbtQe2D7g7veu_w-WP8xf66

Thanks for all your input and info so far.

Hi. If you run in a circle (i.e. clockwise or anticlockwise) around Vaal when he starts shooting his lasers - you will not be hit. Starting from Duelist should be fine - you will probably lack a little evasion early on, but will also have more life early on. Key downsides starting as Duelist is that you will probably not be able to access Ondar's Guile as soon as the Ranger, you also miss out on Mind Drinker by the Shadow for mana leech until very late in your leveling - not a big deal as long as you have some mana leech from gear.

"
Nigirsu wrote:
now i thought about it a bit and seeing how life gain on hit scales with damageeffectiveness i decided to go for heavy strike which has 150 in one hit while double strike has 140 in two so based on how armor works heavy should be even better. havent done really high maps so your thoughts on this would be nice.

i also decided to go for a 120% Saffell's Frame (5% max resi are nice too) and take 40% dodge and save some shield points and dont need to take 2 pieces of gear with no life. currently at 50% evade and 40 block with blind should be 5% chance to get hit which works well as long as i blind xD

LGOH scales with attack speed, not damage - the more number of times you land a hit (faster attacks, splash etc) - the more life you gain back. If you want to use Heavy Strike - I think Life Leech (scales based on damage) would be more appropriate - however please keep in mind that Heavy Strike may cause issues with REFLECT, but I have not tried it with this build. You are right about the armor thing - the stronger attack will be mitigated even less by the mob's armor. However I have not had an issue with 18K damage AOE - if I wanted to I could swap out Melee Splash for Added Fire Damage when doing single target to get over 25K damage - however I have never seen the need to as 18K damage has proved to be extremely strong.

That's a very interesting combo how you are using Saffell's and then using Dodge to cover for no Block. You definitely free up some passive points as you said by removing some Block nodes and you can also grab the nice Spell Dodge node. The problem is that you can never get to 75% Dodge like you can with Block, however it should still be a very strong combo - maybe even stronger because the build has more danger from spells instead of physical attacks and the +max to resistances is superb. I will try and test this when I get time, but let me know how it works for you!

"
so hello :) , kinda delayed writing a review until i was around lvl 70 . This build can pretty much do w.e you need to do , its not flashy and it wont insta clear rooms( not yet for me anyways) rly fast but...it gets the job done with low risk of dying . I have mediocre gear with caped resists and i only have 5k dps with hatred on and ive yet to have any issue with any content . I may not kill a boss super fast but i know i wont die so i just stand there pewpewing him...i know he will die and my hp wont even drop . It is a low risk build that is very rewarding especially if u like to solo . Ty so much for creating this and i would highly recommend it to anyone frustrated with end game content and having to depend on high end unique to be viable . Also some mana and lifeleech rly goes a long way with this , i have no mama and hp issues .

Thanks, happy you enjoy the build =).

Also - some people have asked if I will submit this for the new Build of the Week episode - Pure Power builds. I feel that evasion has a bad rep in the community, so I'm hoping to showcase how an evasion melee character is viable for end game, effective throughout leveling, fun, and also how this build combines interesting concepts and items. I don't think it would result in nerfs - if anything GGG will probably nerf Block and Blind (which are the 2 things that really make this build powerful) and maybe Enfeeble again - but if so they will hurt a lot of other builds like the armor ones that also really on Block/Blind/Enfeeble. Evasion by itself is not that strong and it really needs to be synergized with Blind and Dodge/Block/Enfeeble to make it very strong.

Thanks very much for your valuable comment. it helps a lot. It's a great fun to use this build. When i was in group of 6 to do spider map, it's extremely fun when you see tons of spider dropping down and you just hold down attack key to fight with no mana/hp issue.

When i did 74 vaal map yesterday, it's not a problem, but only got 1-shot by his laser. i should run around when it shot laser :)

Anyway, great build with lots of fun. LIKE.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info