ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

"
xMustard wrote:
"
Ceryneian wrote:
Quick vid of using Reckoning level 1 on Precinct map. Think this is the best reactive gem to use on this build.

http://youtu.be/W7fsYMvSlMo

Quality adds AOE. Scales with base damage. Gains more % extra base damage % per level and at level 5 does 78% base damage.

lol...ok...so yes i know its low level, but damn that seems like a piece of shit. let me clarify actually, it seems like a POS for normal dps builds that use block, instead of builds based around block that have low damage.
but as you say, its based on base dmg, so if you don't have a mirrored super high dmg weapon then its going to suck even more, which would be your scenario if you're a full out tank block build

Yeah obviously it doesn't help much because it doesn't really improve our survivability and I don't really care about the damage.

But if you wanted to use a reactive gem - this is the best we can do.
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
xMustard wrote:
"
Ceryneian wrote:
Quick vid of using Reckoning level 1 on Precinct map. Think this is the best reactive gem to use on this build.

http://youtu.be/W7fsYMvSlMo

Quality adds AOE. Scales with base damage. Gains more % extra base damage % per level and at level 5 does 78% base damage.

lol...ok...so yes i know its low level, but damn that seems like a piece of shit. let me clarify actually, it seems like a POS for normal dps builds that use block, instead of builds based around block that have low damage.
but as you say, its based on base dmg, so if you don't have a mirrored super high dmg weapon then its going to suck even more, which would be your scenario if you're a full out tank block build

Yeah obviously it doesn't help much because it doesn't really improve our survivability and I don't really care about the damage.

But if you wanted to use a reactive gem - this is the best we can do.

I guess it would improve you survivability by leeching some life every now and then ;) Not to mention i guess there are still a ton of combinations to be found.
BTW still a great build IMO
Last edited by pathofexiletoon on Dec 12, 2014, 11:49:40 PM
update skill tree for Patch 1.3.0 please....
"
Cherre532 wrote:

See here, still working on trying to salvage this build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/503727/page/131#p9467850
Last edited by Ceryneian on Dec 13, 2014, 11:14:30 AM
1.3 Build so far: Testing on Atziri: http://youtu.be/wdw8ZQLE8-4

Build takes a bit more smarts/skill to play now because you need to manage flasks well (unless you decide to go with 2 Rumi's of course).

I use 1 Rumi's in the vid - refill is pretty good against regular mobs and I alternate between Jade or Rumi or Jade + Rumi.

Damage remains very high - one-shotting Vaal with no curses as long as I can there is no nearby distraction for multistrike. Can't wait to try the new Taste of Hate flask.

You can try and facetank trio - but I found Puncture to be very helpful to use at least on the A'alai or the cyclone guy. You can also use on the fire guy but you can facetank him easily if he is the last guy and you have Rumi's up.

I'm still using weapon swap curse on hit - I swap Vulnerability out for Elemental Weakness if I decide to open with Puncture.

My dagger has Whirling Blades + Enhance + Enfeeble. I took out Faster Attacks so I could put Enhance there but will probably go back to Whirling Blades + Faster Attacks + Enfeeble.

Gloves set to Inc. Crit Damage + Inc. Crit Chance + Puncture + Reckoning. If I decide to open boss fight with Puncture I swap Inc. Duration for Reckoning like you see in vid.

Atziri again takes more skill because you do not have max blocks up all the time. So you need to be careful and manage flasks & Vaal Grace well.

Don't bother trying to tank the spells unless you are feeling ballsy or are buffed with Vaal Grace / Rumi's. Much better to just use manual avoidance - especially since we have much more movement speed now.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Dec 13, 2014, 11:40:22 AM
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
Cherre532 wrote:

See here, still working on trying to salvage this build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/503727/page/131#p9467850

The skill tree is great but ends at lvl 94 , where else shoud 6 more skill points be added ? thnx alot .
}--=<All Masters LvL 8 Your Crafting Service>=--{ ---> Pm me in game ---> All_Ends_Here
"
Ap0calips3 wrote:
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
Cherre532 wrote:

The skill tree is great but ends at lvl 94 , where else shoud 6 more skill points be added ? thnx alot .

I have 8 points left at level 94 due to bandit rewards - I only help Oak on Cruel and kill everyone else.

You can use those points to spec 1 or 2 of the following clusters:

Forces of Nature (buffs light, cold and fire damage by a very good amount)

Arcing Blows (buffs only light)

Master of Force (buffs all your damage but takes more points)

You can also spec into Depth Perception if you need some accuracy and some crit chance.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Dec 13, 2014, 1:08:31 PM
Here are 2 nifty things you can link to Reckoning that I am testing:

Inc. Crit Chance + Inc. Crit Damage + Reckoning + Culling Strike
This combo is great if you are using the Puncture setup because you do not have to change any gem colors.

Inc. Crit Chance + Culling Strike + Reckoning + Power Charge on Crit

This is probably the best combo as you get both Culling Strike AND Power Charges.

For phys reflect maps you can also try swapping out Inc. Crit Damage for Phys to Lightning gem, I'm gonna test this out to see if it works well.

EDIT: Ok this is interesting: I took out my 20/20 Inc. Crit Damage and put in a level 1 Phys to Lightning and I am getting higher DPS than with Inc. Crit Damage. My damage is pure lightning and same amount of cold. Problem is that my life leech and mana leech are based on % of physical damage so you really need to use this gem with Life Leech gem and mana flask.

Anyway, swapping Phys to Light gem for Inc. Crit Damage and Life Leech gem for WED would be perfect for phys reflect map.

Elemental reflect map less of a worry because of our resistances.

Remember to use ranged-mode if you are in a reflect map!
Last edited by Ceryneian on Dec 13, 2014, 9:11:44 PM
Level 78 Palace Map: -15% max res, 35% inc. monster life, 34% inc. monster damage, turbo mods (increased monster attack speed & movt. speed & cast speed)

http://youtu.be/JHpyeId2JCM

Build performs well just needs more micro with flasks and sometimes positioning.

Probably upload a final overview video of the build. Won't be showing too many crazy videos this time around.
Hi, thank you updated this build, Ceryneian !
Unfortunately for me I did not look at this topic before starting to play my Ranger.

So I kept all the points of "Chance to Block", fetching them from the side of duelist.
(Deflection / Weapon Artistry / Precise Interception / Testudo)

I get 65% to 55% for Attacks and Spells.
  I use BoR (15%) and The Anvil (10%) for the attacks;
Rathpith (60%) and Rainbowstride (24%) for spells.
I do not have any % dodge, exept Vaal Grace.
With Rumi's Concoction, I have 78% Attacks and Spell.

With the new patch, I lost 20K T_T
I am now ~ 70k with Hatred, HoA, HoT. ~ 80k with 3Power Charge.
I use: Bino's Kitchen Knife. I have no better ...
"Regenerate Life on Killing a Poisoned Enemy" saves me quite often Reflect or when i don't block ^_^"

I think for Atziri, I would change Rathpith for Saffells' Frame (106%),
the "5% to all Maximum Resistances" remain interesting.
Which will give me 78% Chance to Block Spell.

I'm level 90.
Last edited by Zhaolin on Dec 14, 2014, 4:20:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info