ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

Anyone notice change in spread of LS angle after patch? Is it just me? It feels wider and much nicer now xD.
"
Djolonator wrote:
What do you huys think of herald of thunder? Is there some info about precise dmg tha lightning bolts will do? Maybe it can be usefull gem to run especially for us with weaker daggers.

Good question, but I don't know if even a weak dagger justify to get Herald of Thunder over Herald of Ash or Hatred...
"
Kirbynou wrote:
"
Djolonator wrote:
What do you huys think of herald of thunder? Is there some info about precise dmg tha lightning bolts will do? Maybe it can be usefull gem to run especially for us with weaker daggers.

Good question, but I don't know if even a weak dagger justify to get Herald of Thunder over Herald of Ash or Hatred...

From what I have seen on Herald of Thunder it is not that great, Herald of Ash is still better IMO. If you need AOE - link elemental proliferation to Herald of Ash.

VAAL GEMS: (work in progress - will finish this later today)

VAAL GRACE

VAAL DOUBLE STRIKE

VAAL LIGHTNING STRIKE

Will finish this post later today.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Oct 23, 2014, 8:49:34 AM
BUILD PROGRESSION & GEARING

1. Newbie (levels 1 - 30)

Tree:

Recommended Gear:
Spoiler
Amulet:

Shield:

Chest:

Weapon: Start with:

... then upgrade to ->

Belt: Start with:

... then upgrade to ->

Shoes: use rare boots OR these boots to help with Hailrake and Merveil boss fights

Gloves: good rares (life, resistances)

2. Intermediate (levels 31 - 60)

Tree:

Recommended Gear:
Spoiler
Chest: upgrade to good rare (with life, resistances)

Weapon: upgrade to

3. Core (levels 61 - 80)

Tree:

Recommended Gear:
Spoiler
Shield: upgrade to ->

Chest & Helm: upgrade to ->

Weapon: upgrade from Mightflay to weapon with high physical damage and crit (aim for 300+ phys.DPS), OR upgrade to Bino's Kitchen Knife.

Belt: upgrade from Meginord's to belt with phys damage, strength, life, resistances ->

Shoes: use Atziri's Step, OR KEEP using rare boots with life and resistances. Aim for high movement speed boots

4. Heart of Thunder (levels 81 - 100)

Tree: Grab Shadow physical damage and Forces of Nature to further increase physical and elemental damage.

Recommended Gear:
Spoiler
Weapon Swap: upgrade to using weapon swap Curse on Hit to boost your DPS when you need to against bosses. Quill Rain + quiver with accuracy and pierce:

Last edited by Ceryneian on Oct 23, 2014, 11:26:49 PM
I'll make it a short feedback without fancy spoilers
Died to Vaal dd in cowards trail. But until that point i was very successful. Got to level 85 :) and had a real blast. The only real requirement this build has is a high physical dagger and a bringer of rain! That's it.

I will reroll it in a slightly more defensive version for hc probably being more cautios :)
I got too confident in that cowards trail daily not paying attention to all the corpses I was standing in.

Greetings shiney
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
Kirbynou wrote:
"
Djolonator wrote:

From what I have seen on Herald of Thunder it is not that great, Herald of Ash is still better IMO. If you need AOE - link elemental proliferation to Herald of Ash.

Honestly if i had a choice to run another aura i would use tempest shield instead of herald of thunder or herald of ice because their dps for this build doesnt worth... even the mana u are reserving to use another herald is way more important than the herald itself so imo using herald of thunder or ice is a waste of efficiency.

So guys if u want to reserve more mana then go for tempest shield 4% block > silly dps increase honestly.

edit: also a blue socket in your aura setup is neccesary to run purity of elements in elemental weakness maps so tempest shield and purity of elements synergy very well.
Last edited by BIGLITRO on Oct 23, 2014, 11:20:48 AM
Yeah I'm actually running HoA, Hatred and Tempest shield, silly look and nice buff 4%block4%spellblock !

But I saw a video on reddit with a curse on hit Herald of lightning, gonna test that, coz' I still can't handle weapon swap for cursing...

http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/2k253g/psa_herald_of_thunder_curse_on_hit/
Last edited by Kirbynou on Oct 23, 2014, 11:47:58 AM
some small notes about VAAL LIGHTNING STRIKE after using it till level 91:

- you have to HIT something with it !! if you shift-click the ground it will use all the souls and do nothing

- it will shock anything so be careful what target you choose (don't use it on double reflect or something like that). if i recall also the hit can't be evaded.

- it works best on high hp targets with multiple enemies nearby
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1462987
"
Thanks for posting your build. I have been asked this a lot before. I think if you are playing maybe 76 and below maps only then it is fine to drop the spell block, however I would NOT say that "spell damage is not a factor to consider for maps. It is almost a useless stat especially with this kind of dps." for 77+ maps, you would definitely need spell block, as well as for Atziri and Uber Atziri.

I am also only using 1 legacy item - Bringer of Rain, so I do not understand why you say I am using "a lot of legacy gear you can't obtain anymore".

Yes if you want more life you can change the tree a bit, and I posted a defensive tree with more life in the guide. Thank you for posting yours I am sure some people will try your version.

Also please keep in mind that Rathpith Globe gives 10% increased life, this is a big stat after the patch which made % life more valuable and flat life less valuable.

With Saffell's Frame you CANNOT block - so you need to be careful of when you use this shield. It is nice vs. pure spell bosses like Mageara. But when you try to use it against bosses with both attacks and spells like Dominus, Atziri Trio, Atziri, it can cause you some problems.

For the amulet - I was asked this before, but dual-curse Stone of Lazhwar will give you higher DPS increase than a crit amulet xD - using Assassin's Mark and Elemental Weakness. I know - it seems counter-intuitive but I ran the math and the damage increase you can get from using a 2nd offensive curse is HIGHER than the damage you can get from a crit amulet.

What is nice about the curses is that it helps me regulate my damage - if I am in a reflect map I will not use curses. However if you use crit amulet you cannot regulate - you will always have that higher crit unless you take off the amulet. So I have yet to find good rationale to lose ~35% pure spell block + more DPS + more flexibility, to gain a little more life/accuracy with a crit amulet.

Anyway, I realize most people are not building past level 80 probably so I will be making build progression. For doing regular 75 and below maps, I think using something like you point out with life shield instead of Rathpith is better, but anything above 77+ I think you would need simultaneous max block and max spell block in order to feel safe.

I think what you said is untrue due to testing. Ive done 100s of 77+ maps and spell block doesnt change anything at all. I never die.

As with Saffells. Atziri's damage is so little that you dont need to block it. Spell block is more than enough. Ive killed atziri a shitload of times from just tanking her with a saffells frame. Trio/dominus etc you dont use saffels. Its there for a switch for atziri only. The rest of the boss you can just run Crest of perandus. By running it, you will gain a lot more imo.
Ign: Kiaraa, Kionn , Nalaa
Kiaraa Cyclone (2.0): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1330927
Kionn Wander (1.2): http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1037723 (OUTDATED)

Shop: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1315055

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info