ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

hi,I'm level 89 now with 3600 hp

with 75% block, 50%eva and of course all res 75%

I find that sometimes I'll one shot kill by 77 piety's ice shot (with 90%+ more fire damage,in close range face shot) and 78Courtyard the GMP guy's leap strike.(with no other buff or debuff)

and some instant death by minions sometimes (with % more damage)

is this normal? should I switch to range mode in high level map all the time?

or just use Enfeeble for safe?
"
SideColors wrote:
hi,I'm level 89 now with 3600 hp

with 75% block, 50%eva and of course all res 75%

I find that sometimes I'll one shot kill by 77 piety's ice shot (with 90%+ more fire damage,in close range face shot) and 78Courtyard the GMP guy's leap strike.(with no other buff or debuff)

and some instant death by minions sometimes (with % more damage)

is this normal? should I switch to range mode in high level map all the time?

or just use Enfeeble for safe?

Hmm that doesn't sound normal to me. You should hardly EVER get hit by Piety's Ice Shot. The last time I remember getting hit by Piety's arrows was probably one out of every 20 Shrines. How much DPS do you have and are you using dodge? With Ondar's Guile + blind + max block you should hardly ever get hit by the arrow. I assume you are using Bringer of Rain?

You need to be careful with hard mods because if a hit gets through you CAN get one-shot. Ideally your HP should be about 4K if you are doing end-game maps, and I think 3.6K is a bit low to be doing end-game maps with those kind of mods. Fact of this build is you WILL get hit. The hits are rare and few between, but you will get hit so you need to always keep that in mind and play accordingly.

For Courtyard the leap slam guy can do a lot of damage. Also I believe GMP for bosses can shotgun (i.e. you can get hit by more than 1 projectile for each attack depending on how close you are), so you really need to be careful. I used to facetank Courtyard before on my old build but I think GGG stealth changed their accuracy because I noticed I started getting hit more by those bosses. If you can freeze them even better, but best way to fight them is to kite them OR separate them and fight them as melee. Or just use Enfeeble and you should be fine to fight in melee.

Also, you need to be careful whenever Blind is not applied (i.e. leap slam guy attacking you from far without being blinded) because you WILL take more hits if they are not blinded.

You only need to switch to 100% range mode when you want to play safe on reflect map or safe against melee attackers.

Yes you should be using Enfeeble if you want to be safe. I use Enfeeble on 2nd Palace dominus and on Atziri and Uber Atziri all the time, and Atziri trio and Uber Trio all the time. Courtyard I sometimes use Enfeeble if I am lazy and want to just fight melee.

Please remember this is NOT A TANK build. The great thing about this build is you HAVE SO MUCH FLEXIBILITY and can adapt as the fight continues - use whirling blades, and dance in and out to avoid danger, DPS from range or go in for melee when you want etc. This flexibility is incredible and I feel I still am not unlocking its true potential in terms of gameplay because I am lazy and don't move around as much as I should and my damage is so high anyway.

Also don't forget Vaal Grace - this is an AMAZING AMAZING gem. Whenever I feel like I am in real danger or when I want to go crazy on really dangerous maps I use Vaal Grace. It is absolutely amazing. The kind of stuff you can do with Vaal Grace activated is ridiculous.

Let me know if this helps and if not we can chat in-game.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Oct 5, 2014, 2:07:59 PM
thanks for the reply.

guess it's just bad luck hitting by piety. yes I use dodge, Ondar's Guile,got 6W5 dps.

I think 3.6K hp is my main problem maybe. guess I can take at least one hit but I was wrong.

well maybe I got a critical strike ...

but I really should play more careful with more damage/curse mob.

"Fact of this build is you WILL get hit."

by the way, with my state now ,lv78 dominus's lightning wave(ghost?) should I face tank it or just whirling blades away? I'm hardly get hit by the spell but sometimes it hits me a lot. with more projectile mob I always pass the dominus boss fight.
Last edited by SideColors on Oct 5, 2014, 3:06:20 PM
Dominus with extra projectiles is dangerous. I would first try regular Dominus and see how you do, and then as you get more comfortable you can increase the difficulty of the mods like -max and GMP.

It should not be a problem on this build but to be super safe you should either whirling blades to avoid OR use Vaal Grace if you want to face tank it.

Spell block and spell dodge are random so over the long run you can tank it, but there may be some very rare cases where you get unlucky and many ghosts bypass your spell dodge and spell block so you can take a lot of damage at once, you will need good leech and flask. This is also more important when you have more projectiles on the mod.

But overall, yes you can facetank it with this build like I show in the videos.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Oct 5, 2014, 3:40:29 PM
I am planning to buy a dagger soon just wanted some input before I purchase. What kind of dagger would I need for normal atziri versus uber atziri in terms of attack speed, crit chance, and physical DPS.

thank you for sharing your build and time
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
pipser wrote:
how can I reach a good amount accuracy?

Currently in 84 at 93% accuracy with additional accuracy gem and depth perception cluster.

Do I need to gain around 1000 accuracy from gear?

I think anything above 85% accuracy is good, and 90% accuracy is very good. Anything above 90% accuracy is extremely hard to get because accuracy effect on chance to hit has diminishing returns so it gets harder to increase the more you have. 93% is extremely good and you shouldn't need more.

You also do not want too much accuracy because it can cause trouble against reflect depending on how much evasion you have.

I just started this build and am only in my 30's at the moment but had a question of sorts.

Sorry if this was already discussed and on the topic of accuracy - I was wondering if you needed more of it as you go into that From The Shadows/Brutal Efficiency cluster in the tree posted on the first page. For the same amount of points you can get the Depth Perception cluster and take Flaying near Adders Touch. Going that route yields 11% more phys dmg, 7% more atk speed, the same crit chance of 40% and 28% less to accuracy rating although you do gain 30 dex which gives 6% to evasion rating and 60 to flat accuracy; you would also give up 10 intelligence.

I guess it depends on gear/personal preference/what your individual character needs. The way the tree has changed these days, I just hate using a skill point on something that gives just one thing like 4% atk speed or 12% acc rating. I know they lead to better things but it just bugs me LOL. I plan on taking the Flaying route but was curious what you thought.

Fun build so far! I haven't tried LS since CB - glad to see an old skill is still very good!
"
xodrul wrote:
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
pipser wrote:
how can I reach a good amount accuracy?

Currently in 84 at 93% accuracy with additional accuracy gem and depth perception cluster.

Do I need to gain around 1000 accuracy from gear?

I think anything above 85% accuracy is good, and 90% accuracy is very good. Anything above 90% accuracy is extremely hard to get because accuracy effect on chance to hit has diminishing returns so it gets harder to increase the more you have. 93% is extremely good and you shouldn't need more.

You also do not want too much accuracy because it can cause trouble against reflect depending on how much evasion you have.

I just started this build and am only in my 30's at the moment but had a question of sorts.

Sorry if this was already discussed and on the topic of accuracy - I was wondering if you needed more of it as you go into that From The Shadows/Brutal Efficiency cluster in the tree posted on the first page. For the same amount of points you can get the Depth Perception cluster and take Flaying near Adders Touch. Going that route yields 11% more phys dmg, 7% more atk speed, the same crit chance of 40% and 28% less to accuracy rating although you do gain 30 dex which gives 6% to evasion rating and 60 to flat accuracy; you would also give up 10 intelligence.

I guess it depends on gear/personal preference/what your individual character needs. The way the tree has changed these days, I just hate using a skill point on something that gives just one thing like 4% atk speed or 12% acc rating. I know they lead to better things but it just bugs me LOL. I plan on taking the Flaying route but was curious what you thought.

Fun build so far! I haven't tried LS since CB - glad to see an old skill is still very good!

Thanks for trying the build! I got confused then I realized you were talkign about the defensive tree version, yes I did some quick math and those 7 points would be better to get for Depth Perception and Flaying. I will update the tree thanks,.
"
Ceryneian wrote:

Thanks for trying the build! I got confused then I realized you were talkign about the defensive tree version, yes I did some quick math and those 7 points would be better to get for Depth Perception and Flaying. I will update the tree thanks,.

Ah, my bad.. I missed the other link to the tree where you grab both options!
"
Freud88 wrote:
Ehi! i've start a new char on rampage following this guide and in the past days i've tried to craft a proper dagger...since i read that crit and phys dmg have priority i use a platinum kriss as base..after i got Tyrannical alone i regaled dagger and got mid tier crit multi..now i planned to craft it with master but i've to choose between IASS and crit chance..a dagger with high phys and crit but terrible AS (1.2) would be good? or i should restart the crafting process maybe using an Ambusher base?

This is what i got atm

Need some other tips! worth go multi mod and crit chance? or the lack of IAS make the weap useless?
"
Freud88 wrote:
"
Freud88 wrote:
Ehi! i've start a new char on rampage following this guide and in the past days i've tried to craft a proper dagger...since i read that crit and phys dmg have priority i use a platinum kriss as base..after i got Tyrannical alone i regaled dagger and got mid tier crit multi..now i planned to craft it with master but i've to choose between IASS and crit chance..a dagger with high phys and crit but terrible AS (1.2) would be good? or i should restart the crafting process maybe using an Ambusher base?

This is what i got atm

Need some other tips! worth go multi mod and crit chance? or the lack of IAS make the weap useless?

when you 1 shot everything you don't need attack speed, lol. on dagger builds, i think attack speed is a bit overrated. 1.5 as opposed to 1.2 isn't going to make an incredible difference. its nice to get but i wouldn't aim for it. go for crit and flat dmg first and foremost

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info