Bringer of Minions: Not your Normal Minion Build

In terms of survivability I still think a life leach gem or minion life(+ vitality) would be superior. zombies can only receive 3 endurance charges so that's 12% physical damage reduction and 12% all resist.

The Grasp is definitely op. That infernal blow pretty much owns anything works so well with the -fire resist your giving to your BM's anyways
Necronomicon: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1617098
Build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/409940
Summoner Dischord: https://discord.gg/XwWdSUa
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/zhoukon
Hi there, im making my first necro & hc char, should i go for this build or its too risky ? i saw the mattc build too what the big difference ?
"
mattc3303 wrote:
In terms of survivability I still think a life leach gem or minion life(+ vitality) would be superior. zombies can only receive 3 endurance charges so that's 12% physical damage reduction and 12% all resist.

The Grasp is definitely op. That infernal blow pretty much owns anything works so well with the -fire resist your giving to your BM's anyways

The gem also gives reduced stun threshold, so they stun more as well. I sorta of like having a little bit of both.

Also, they seem ALOT tankier than I thought they would be with 3 endurance charges. They are on full life so often now, I was thinking of swapping to a +phs damage on full life gem! j/k :)

But yea, I wouldn't be surprised to read in patch notes soon that something was broke with endurance charges on minions, similar to how the life scaled with monster level bug made them extra tanky.

"
JeagerX wrote:
Hi there, im making my first necro & hc char, should i go for this build or its too risky ? i saw the mattc build too what the big difference ?

There are too many differences to call one big I think :). His is probably tankier due to not using BoR, but using IR.

This gets me thinking, I think mattc and I should PVP sometime for a lol :)

Would be pretty unfair after round 1 due to the winner being the only one left with minions. Unless you could raise the other person's dead zombies, just not your own! :))
Last edited by Smodab on Oct 3, 2013, 9:49:51 PM
And what about HC, is it viable ?
"
JeagerX wrote:
And what about HC, is it viable ?

I would think so. It's fairly tanky and you'll have substantial meat shield.

This character was made on anarchy, so I play appropriately aggressively, and I believe I've only died once since reaching mapping level.
can you make an updated Passive skill tree. tis broken now with the recent update
Would like to see this too :)
Hello guys,
I'm new to this game and I would like very much my with to be bringer of minions and already built this way.
The passive skill treee on the thread doesn't display correctly on my screen and not every link is visible.
Does anyone know how tr fix this or can anyone post a skill tree for bringer of minion witch.
Thanks
Vezy intersting using bringer for minions, but I can easily farm most of the 72-76 maps myself with 4,5K ES and still gaining xp and sustaining my map pool. What a strange idea using BoR. I understand Life based, bringer based is very meh to me ^^. Mb because I have never looted the item of something close to it value-wise despite my 150%+ magic find, I guess I'm still too noob.

Long story short I find your build a joke because I can do as good or mb even better(that's the most funny) with a gear less valuable in total than half the price of one of your gear pieces. (ah, and I bring my 2 maledicts and pumped auras too in groups)
Last edited by galuf on Nov 26, 2013, 4:56:23 AM
"
galuf wrote:
Vezy intersting using bringer for minions, but I can easily farm most of the 72-76 maps myself with 4,5K ES and still gaining xp and sustaining my map pool. What a strange idea using BoR. I understand Life based, bringer based is very meh to me ^^. Mb because I have never looted the item of something close to it value-wise despite my 150%+ magic find, I guess I'm still too noob.

Long story short I find your build a joke because I can do as good or mb even better(that's the most funny) with a gear less valuable in total than half the price of one of your gear pieces. (ah, and I bring my 2 maledicts and pumped auras too in groups)

Using Bringer of Rain is hardly a strange idea. Most blender build uses it. Zombie does melee damage only so it makes total sense. 7 technical sockets from the 3 skills innate from BoR and 4 sockets of your choosing (including Raise Zombie).

Anyways, I hope you update us with a 1.0.2 version. After trying out Rathik, DonaldF and tehOsiris summoner builds, I think I'm yearning for a Pure Zombie build (with or without Skeletons) that can survive a long time without having to recast like tehOsiris's zombies and does the damage output like DonaldF without abusing the socket glitch.

I may not have a Bringer of Rain (prolly won't be getting one any time soon unless Piety would be a darling and drop one already) but it would be nice if someone made a successful Pure Zombie build. So to anyone that's reading this, please take on this end-game build task :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info