Question about Wolverine Movie (Huge Spoiler Alert)

Spoiler
Can anyone explain to me how towards the end of the movie after his adamantium claws were severed he grew new ones? It was hard to tell, but I assumed they were his original bone claws.... I just sort of had the understanding that those no longer existed once he got the adamantium skeleton.
In Wraeclast, if someone tries to kill you... you just kill them right back.
Spoiler
The Adamantium Claws are an accident that occurred as a result of him having bone claws, the Adamantium being pumped into his body bonded to the claws...

I don't doubt that someone with far greater Wolverine/Marvel knowledge can explain why they are magically sharp and perfectly shaped.

When his Metal Claws are cut, you can see that they are bone inside, so by pulling out the metal, they actually pull out the bone too. Which he just heals back.
You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world,
and there’s still going to be somebody who hates peaches.
http://x-men.wikia.com/wiki/Wolverine#Powers

Spoiler
His regeneration is overpowered. The adamantium coats his bones, the bone claws are part of his mutation in this universe.
Last edited by ionface on Aug 16, 2013, 10:29:59 PM
Maybe I am thinking about this too much, but in the first Wolverine movie, didn't Sabertooth break off his bone claws and they did NOT regenerate?
Last edited by Trapperkeeper on Aug 16, 2013, 10:48:30 PM
Spoiler
"
Trapperkeeper wrote:
Maybe I am thinking about this too much, but in the first Wolverine movie, didn't Sabertooth break off his bone claws and they did NOT regenerate?

Nope, they always came back. Yea, its basically that the adamantium covers the claws and it stays perfectly sharp. Really hoping that Magneto can give him his claws back (he took away all of Wolverines adamantium in the comics so giving him claws doesn't seem too implausible) in the next movie.

The adamantium actually poisons him constantly, so his healing powers are reduced from what they could feasibly be operating at because he is constantly fighting off this poison. There is some weird stuff about the adamantium fusing with his bone marrow in a few places, and creating weird lymphocytes or something.

What did you think of the movie though? I thought it was the best X-men film yet let alone just Wolverine. Really focussed, simple story but really well done. Couple of subtle nods to Wolverine, like how they didn't make him wear a face mask when he met Silver Samurai the first time cause he can't get sick anyway so can't give him anything.

A few other things here and there, during the funeral fight scene he has blood around his claws for the whole fight, cause the cuts they make weren't healing. Normally the skin just tears and he doesn't bleed.
I really liked the movie. I was about to make an argument that it wasn't as good at the X2 and last stand movies.... but I went back and read the plots and changed my mind. Maybe my memory of those two was a bit shinier than reality.

It really was disconcerting to see Wolverine tired and bleeding from various wounds. You felt concern for him.... and if you didn't watch too many trailers and you didn't know why he wasn't healing it was even better.

I kept expecting at the end to take steps to get his claws back. When they got on the plane I thought he would say he wanted to go to Alkali Lake where he was given the claws in the first place.

I think I also have much more respect for Hugh Jackman as an actor after playing Jean Val Jean in Le Mis
Spoiler
Well scientifically it makes sense that his adamantium claws were broken by the Giant sword--
Its a density/mass equation.... theres more adamantium in the sword than there is in his claws, and im sure the heat has something to do with it too.
Why ask Why and start by denying before you have actually tried?
Spoiler
at the end of the credits you can see the bone claws when he threatened magneto
Was it good? I really want to know before spending money.
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Sol, I thought it was worth the money. Rory thought it was the best one, and I would probably agree. Its been out for a while now, probably getting close to when it hits the dollar movies.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info