What exploits will be fixed on next patch?

"
Pre-emptively respecced for patch and for future.

"
raics wrote:
I imagine Facebreakers with BoR will be in quite a bind now, only 15 slots.

Yep, I'm one of those Facebreaker/Bringer users. I complained a little bit when I saw Mark_GGG's post, but started work on changing my build in anticipation of the upcoming patch.

I use Purity, Determination, Hatred, and Grace. With the changes, I wouldn't be able to support Grace with Reduced Mana unless I dropped Increased Duration from Immortal Call, which would effectively make Immortal Call last 4-5 seconds with 7 Endurance charges (enough for some situations, but I rather not recast Enduring Cry 7 times for a difficult boss like map Vaal or map Kole). Anyway, I decided to spec out of Iron Reflexes and drop Grace. I was refunded 7 points, but lost 50 Dex and 12% all resists. My armour went from ~10.5k to ~6k and my life went from ~3.9k to ~4.1k if I remember correctly.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAdwB5wJxBLMFLQY5EuEUIBRNFm8ZLhmFGjIaOBpVG_odFCSqJd8n7S3SMgk26DbpOthAoEd-UEdQUFFgVElVxlcNWGNZ814TXz9gS2EhZKNlTWaebmlyqXTtecB673y7fNmE2YTvjM-PRpBVkc6ezaC0ogCkGacwp4SplavFrKqsr7ndu-2-p8APwBrDhsWKxtjPZdDQ0iHSTdSP2WHi6uNq51Lnkew47tnvDu9O8B_yL_Pd9kj3vvrS-6o=

To compensate for the loss, I changed my shield from Daresso's Courage to Lioneye's Remorse. I used the 7 refunded points to grab the Testudo cluster, 3 more shield nodes, and the final Endurance charge. It actually put me at exactly 75% shield block, but my resists were further lowered by my shield switch. Fortunately I switched in a pair of boots with some good resists that allowed me to cap at 80% all resists. If I needed to overcap substantially, I'd just have to keep up 7 Endurance charges for 28% all resists.

Ultimately, I was left with 4.2k life, 9.6k armour, 20% chance to evade (I forget the evasion rating), 80% all resists, 75% block, 9% spell block, and 7 Endurance charges. Honestly I'm not sure if I need Immortal Call, but I'm keeping it for now. The one thing I'm missing is chaos resist (-60%), but hopefully I can find some chaos resist later (right now I plan to rely on blocking 75% of chaos snake attacks and Amethyst flask). I don't think I'm planning to go back to IR/Grace, since I was able to achieve almost the same amount of armour with additional chances to evade and block. It was a bit annoying to socket, link, and chrome gear, but I managed.

I feel ready for the upcoming patch! :)

"
It was a bit annoying to socket, link, and chrome gear, but I managed.

The word I get to hear more and more around here.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
:)

OK this is what I did.
Note, I'm self found, so the rings, ammy and quivers are picked from my available gear pool for the sole purpose of covering life and resists (and int). There is tremendous room for more deeps from those slots, which I'll address as I further tweak.

tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4B3AJxBLMFLQguDq0Y2xmOGbQb-iFgJd8pLimlLIUs6TIJMn4yiTrhPC09_ECgQ5xGaUd-Sn1M_03jUFBX4lhjWK9aGluvXz9gS2VNZ5tnoG5pbqpwu3TtdPF343fleA1463q4eu98uH11hNmHdojxjM-NfpAKm42euaEiogCiQKQZplen1Kluq8WsWa4-rpOvbK_rtfK3Pre2u-O-ir6nxKLFisauxtjK082Y037cFdyC3Q3exucK52PqYu2D707vevAf8kX0-PZI9tr6sfzF_gr-j_66_sg=

Resists are overcapped with 75 cap without purity, 79 with. Capped at 79 in EW maps with the help of 3 end charges for fire iirc. Purity can be swapped for blue curse. End cry can be swapped for decoy. WED swapped for LoH in silly maps.

Weapon swap for heavy ST, unsupported frenzy for light ST.
Purity, Determination, Hatred cast off of mana with RM.
Wrath, Grace cast off of life with BM and RM.
Anger cast off of mana unsupported.
Dropped Haste.

37 int required on gear for Wrath, but 44 required for mana if no mana on gear.
This ammy had 44 int, which put me on 0 mana when I swapped from LG to thicket, I didn't like that even though the auras remained so I blessed it to 48 :)

Life is at 6745/7217, 6730/7202 on swap.
10.5k armour.
10.4% life regen per sec (~750 lps).
11.4% life regen per sec if take bandit charge (~820 lps).

Spoiler

Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Aug 18, 2013, 2:34:45 AM
bowing out
kids https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbFE90QKJIw
vs
adults https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzysxHGZCAU
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 business a-blazing but no more t-shirts
Last edited by FullCust on Oct 7, 2014, 9:39:50 PM
"
FullCust wrote:
"
MyH4o wrote:
Hell yeah, another nerf to HP chars, love it ;D

Long live CI!!!

This - I play in Onslaught and life builds really doesn't need another nerf (it's already not at all comparable - if you change the blood magic uniques too - you'll kill off many LL sporkers at docks - most of WHOM ACTUALLY WORKS HARD FOR THEIR CHAOS/EXALTED - It is ALWAYS the laziest people in this game who WHINE at these items AT EVERY passing turn - because they're not willing to grind.
My duelist, being a life build, is even more reliant on these blood magic uniques, take that away - and he becomes a mule; if you say that it is an exploit in using these blood magic items for auras - is it intended that they want players running auras on life for 200% of the mana cost, is it intended AT ALL that blood magic characters are allowed to run auras?

The nerf to alpha's howl is very appropriate, however, the 8% mana reserve is still very nice - stop selling it for so cheap

Did you see the video with bm items running ALL auras in game with the exploit?And you think that is right?

And about alpha's howl - it's useless now since at every instance you enter they will check the auras for mana % reserved and so on and they will turn off.So unless you wanna cast 6-7 auras constant in each map and having that helm in your inventory,and not be able to go town cuz you need to recast auras.Then you can pay 3 exalts for that shit helm now.Cuz i aint paying more then a few gcp's cuz it's worthless
"

Yep, I'm one of those Facebreaker/Bringer users.

On my lighting strike templar, also The Bringer of Rain based, I used to use 7 auras: Grace, Anger and Wrath on life, Purity, Determination, Haste and Hatred on mana. Active skills: Lighting Strike, Enduring Cry, Rejuvenantion Totem, Enfeeble.

While preparing to change I decided to drop Wrath. I can't drop any defensive aura and although Wrath gives me more DPS than Anger, it needs 151 int on 20 lvl - to support it I had to put 2 passives into +30 int nodes. So resigning from Wrath (and Enfeeble) allowed me to spend point to get Berserking, which replaced Haste.

So, after change I will be using 6 auras: Grace and Anger on life, Purity, Determination, Hatred and Tempest Shield enforced with Blind (which replaces Enfeeble and works as small DPS supplement) on mana. Active skills: Lighting Strike, Enduring Cry, Rejuvenantion Totem.

So, I'm rather limited in putting on more auras by socket not resources availability.

And I have 480 mana and didn't take any mana reservation passives, Reduced Mana @ 20 lvl is enough.

My tooltip DPS went down from 9556 to... 8739. I lost also ~190 HP net and I'm running @ 20% MS instead of 25%. No defensive stat was changed and I'm much more glad with Blind on everything than spamming course.

So, I was sooooooooo OP using 7 auras... ech, I'm tired with reading those BSes about how much OP were players using Convenant/AH trick.

Finally, not big deal, not needed change, IMO it would be better if (not talking about +2 expolit) it would be changed into official game mechanics to make game more interesting.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
Last edited by tmaciak on Aug 19, 2013, 8:10:25 AM
"
tmaciak wrote:
IMO it would be better if (not talking about +2 expolit) it would be changed into official game mechanics to make game more interesting.

Fucking around with items (that you literally never use otherwise because why the fuck would you) to circumvent using a Support Gem is not what I call "interesting". At that point you might as well just make the god damn Auras cheaper and skip the whole item swapping crap by allowing players to choose between reserving Life or Mana at will.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Aug 19, 2013, 9:13:01 AM
I personally don't mind this aura change as I don't use such 'features'. Mostly 3-4 auras are enough anyway on any character, you don't need to stuff 10 auras onto every char you make. Thus I don't understand the whining people do when a self-proclaimed 'feature' such as this gets fixed finally.
What was wrong wasn't the use of Blood Magic items, it was the 'snapshooting' of auras. Auras should refresh whenever they can anyway, they are a continuous effect not a buff that once casted has infinite duration, you switch them on or off.
I just wish Tempest Shield's coding would allow for this refresh so that you don't have to cast it each time you progress to another area/instance.
Unarmed for life! (although I do like maces too recently)
"
Broliciously wrote:
I just wish Tempest Shield's coding would allow for this refresh so that you don't have to cast it each time you progress to another area/instance.

It's theoretically possible to transfer it through transitions, was in the game for a short while. The problem is that a Skill needs to be activated in a zone in order to deal damage - transferring Tempest Shield prevented it from dealing damage. It's an unfortunate limitation to how the engine (currently) works. Not technically TS' fault ;)
Last edited by Vipermagi on Aug 19, 2013, 9:15:22 AM
"
Broliciously wrote:
I personally don't mind this aura change as I don't use such 'features'. Mostly 3-4 auras are enough anyway on any character, you don't need to stuff 10 auras onto every char you make.

And I personally like auras very much and each of my 7 characters uses at least 4 auras, up to 7 on my recently leveled EB characters. After this change, of course and including Tempest Shield. Maybe I don't need, but I like, I prefer passive skills. So what?
Anticipation slowly dissipates...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info