***Any news for PvP next patch or any upcoming patches?

Adding my voice to the choir, couldn't agree more.
IGN: Biblets
All I really want to say is that the reason people played diablo 2 for 10+ years was for THAT kind of PVP. You stand in town challenge people walk outside and do it. The only thing this game lacks from is the loading from town to the battle field. That would ruin the idea of putting (D2) type pvp in this game. If they could eliminate that and make it pvp like that ohhhh buddy we have a winner!!
I am sad to crush your wishes, but PVP in Diablo-like action RPGs is incompatible with the rest of the game by definition. Thats what anyone who is interested in gamedesign would tell you. Differences in gear and in character level are pretty much uncontrollable and thus imposible to ballance out. Thats why neither Blizzard nor GGG are keen to make proper PVP. Trying to ballance it out would just eat budget but wont get anywhere.
Only way to make the game somewhat fair and similar to actual concept is to make a league with controlled leveling system and gear/skill distribution, special battle arenas and controlled matches. If it sounds to you like Dota than you are right, Dota is pretty much PVP friendly Diablo.
And dont take me wrong, I would be glad to see Dota like gamemode in POE, but it ammounts making a standalone game from design perspective.
Do you all need some bread with that whine?
PvP in RPGs kida lame IMO, didn't played any balanced pvp in any isometric game till now!
so i guess u guys should not expect more from this one... you'll be disappointed (i know i won't be).
"
Lionotus wrote:
"
HowNowNZ wrote:
"
Lionotus wrote:
IGN: Frostveil
"
beeboo77 wrote:
PvP in RPGs kida lame IMO, didn't played any balanced pvp in any isometric game till now!
so i guess u guys should not expect more from this one... you'll be disappointed (i know i won't be).

lol so many people trying to say this. The pvp does not have to be completely balanced, d2 wasnt and it was great. People will find out whats viable and whats not. What PoE does need to make PvP successful is a decent way to find matchmaking across leagues or solo. Right now with no ladder and no reason to PvP all the die hards who waited so long for improvement have quit and come back from time to time to see if its better. I just play guild wars 2 and dota and kill people at bandits occasionally lol.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
I remember this game from its early closed beta....

I bought the beta key, I think, the same week the game went into the closed beta...
I remember reading all sorts of articles about how this game will not be another dumbed down ARPG and that its going to be so much more. How the devs. are hardcore ARPG fans that enjoyed diablo LOD. Also remember reading all sorts of stuff about the wonderfull and innovative PVP this game will have...

Now, I understand the game is technically not even released, but why is it so hard to provide any information regarding the PVP development... as to what types of PVP are being developed, will there be any other types of PVP....

Diablo2 lived so long (still alive) because of the PVP... PVP adds that thrill and another option for the end game.

Even people that do not PVP have to watch out for the PKs, not to be killed, which adds more danger and thrill... Some might argue that "NO, I dont enjoy being ganked" well, noone does enjoy getting killed by an elite Rhoa with some nasty mods either, but having that chance, of an elite Rhoa with crazy mods spawning and possibly killing you, adds the thrill and danger. And fun! Game would be boring if players did not experience the sence of danger.

An open PVP adds alot to that sence of thrill and excitement, as for the PVPers who chose to duel, as for the PK who get the thrill of risking their skin in an attempt to score a kill, as for an average player who has to be on his toes not to ge ganked by the above mentioned PK.

Besides, I think it kinda SUCKS, that there is no effective way to kick someone's a$$ resolving a despute...

In diablo, you could talk smack to someone, and then take it to the next level and actually see whats ones words worth....
that great feeling of calling someone out and stomping him to the ground....

POE is missing all that, for now at least, and for that the game is shallow...

Enthusiasticaly waiting for PVP news......
"
Chris wrote:
These are completely valid points. I'm trying to schedule time in the coming months to really improve PvP and add decent support for tournaments and such!

In the meantime, I'll discuss these points with the team.

That was the last official reply (as far as I know) regarding a similar question.

"these points" refers to things like pvp playerbase separation due to the introduction of the new onslaught and anarchy leagues.

You can check out the thread where Chris responded if you want:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/455285/page/1

Ah and of course, +1 for PvP improvements from me. :)
Last edited by Apokalyxio on Aug 30, 2013, 10:15:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info