[1.0.5] Death's Oath Staff Marauder - Flicker Strike/Cyclone (with a video)

hey man, few days ago i found Death oath and decided to try your build.
Can u tell me where do you get 5 frenzy charges? 3 + 1 from merciless bandit quest.. and 1 from where?? in your passive tree there is kinda no +1 frenzy node. Are 4 charges enaugh to play flicker build?
PoE nowadays looks more and more like a fork server with tons of custom weird experimental stuff rather than original game with carefully thought out balance brough live to players.
Last edited by judikator on Nov 14, 2013, 3:58:26 PM
"
judikator wrote:
hey man, few days ago i found Death oath and decided to try your build.
Can u tell me where do you get 5 frenzy charges? 3 + 1 from merciless bandit quest.. and 1 from where?? in your passive tree there is kinda no +1 frenzy node. Are 4 charges enaugh to play flicker build?

Hello Judikator,

You are right, the video shows me using Flicker Strike with 5 frenzy charges. However, that was pre-release. With the 1.0.0 changes, Aura and Resist passives are now necessary for the build so I had to sacrifice some other passives, including the 5th frenzy charge.

That being said, Flicker strike works just fine with only 4 charges. Particularly if you can generate frenzy charges with Frenzy as your single target skill. Here's my Frenzy setup :

It deals 18k dmg with 4 frenzy charges.
Shadow : Covenant Pulser (504561)
Ranger : 12 charges Frenzy Archer (65154), Dual Claws Elemental ST (709126)
Witch : Self-Cast Arc Tanky Witch (770185), AoF EK/Bear trap (863970)
Templar : Frenzy + AB/Fireball "Cast on Crit" Wander (611200)
Marauder : Death Oath Staff User (498864)
Last edited by Velkor on Dec 17, 2013, 9:44:29 AM
if u still reply i have a question about deaths oath, the 450 damage for 10 secounds on kill, does that mean if i kill 10 enemies i will recieve 4500 damage?? or is it always just 450 damage no matter how many enemies i kill
Has anyone updated this for newest patch??
IGN: Fara_CantStopWontStop
Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058741
"
Fakepott wrote:
if u still reply i have a question about deaths oath, the 450 damage for 10 secounds on kill, does that mean if i kill 10 enemies i will recieve 4500 damage?? or is it always just 450 damage no matter how many enemies i kill

No.

You take 450 flat , less your chaos resist %.

so, at 75% chaos resist, you take 112.5 chaos dmg per second.
IGN: Fara_CantStopWontStop
Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058741
Any thoughts about updating this build? There would need to be changes with the auras, but as the tree is an old version I can't see what you took. The tree is also not shown in the video.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info