Archeage

The patron status and queue issues are mostly resolved. Just saiyan!
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Xavderion on Sep 24, 2014, 1:56:31 PM
While the end game looked interesting, the leveling was such a dread bore it turned me off. Way too theme park-y for my taste.
Last edited by Hrishi on Sep 24, 2014, 7:37:11 PM
I've been playing a fair bit of this lately (Ebonsong), and it has its perks. I spend way too much time fussing over guild trees and chickens, though. Must keep at my printing press!

The queues were completely fucking ridiculous. They seem mostly fixed now.

I don't really know how to summarize my experiences with it. I bought the alpha pack for the hell of it a while back, and it's been fun. I hate how much the game relies on group experiences: without a very large group of people that are well-coordinated, a lot of experiences are completely shut off. Don't get me wrong, I love the guild I'm in for the most part, and it contributes positively to my experience on the whole, but the fact that it's so necessary really turns me off.

Land scarcity is an issue. But it's an interesting one, at least, theoretically.

It's very P2W, and I've been torn on that front too. It's not quite as in-your-face as in many games, and I can see someone who starts off as a F2P player still enjoying her experience. That said, once you get down to brass tacks, it is insidious and inescapable. More than anything, it's made me realize just how outstanding GGG is on that front.

What annoys me the most, frankly, is how fucking awful the UI is in so many ways. It's clunky, it's glitchy, it's unintuitive, etc. etc. I know I'm more sensitive to this than most, after working at a software company where UI and UX design were second only to patient safety concerns, but OH GOD IT'S SO TERRIBLE. You get used to it. Maybe. I haven't.

If you have some free time, give it a try. It's not for everyone, but it's a nice distraction.
"Nothing happened." - CharanJaydemyr, TheWretch

Sayya's Item Filter (updated for Ritual!) - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1260712

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info