Conduit for minions ?

Hi,

Is this possible that conduit works with minions ? After the patch we got less minions and without heavily speccing in minion passives they are weak. Mark what u think ?

Cucu..

Bee´s Funf Fun Builder .. Eifel
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
It would be nice to have a passive or skill that shares charges with minions, and would, I think, provide a potential alternative to buffing them with auras for example. I actually tested Conduit with minions once and was, alas, disappointed.
“I conceive of nothing, in religion, science or philosophy, that is more than the proper thing to wear, for a while.”

― Charles Fort
"
Tranx wrote:
Hi,

Is this possible that conduit works with minions ? After the patch we got less minions and without heavily speccing in minion passives they are weak. Mark what u think ?

That would go against the point of conduit, which is intended as a party-only bonus. It would also need some drawback to it as keystones aren't supposed to give you a bonus for nothing (and putting your charges on all your minions is a big bonus). At that point, the resulting thing is so unlike Conduit that I don't think there's any point considering them the same. Conduit doesn't give you any benefit at all for investing in it, where this would give a big one.

In short, if there was to be a way to directly share your charges with your minions, I would expect it would come with a big downside attached and be a separate thing to Conduit, not warping Conduit into something it was never intended for.
hmm,

I understand Marks point of view very well, but than its time for new support gems only for minions :) Like frenzy,haste or special ones which not exist at the moment.

Cucu..

Bee´s Funf Fun Builder .. Eifel
Last edited by Tranx on Sep 13, 2012, 3:10:16 PM
Uniques can suffice for letting minions get charges.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
edit:

I said something stupid
Last edited by CruxOfFate on Feb 8, 2013, 1:50:11 PM
Any chance that if I have conduit, I could buff another party members summons? (not my own)
That would be within the spirit of conduit I feel.
Keystone idea for a minion conduit:

Power charges increase minion crit chance, but decreases your own
Frenzy charges increase minion attack, cast & movement speed, but decreases your own
Endurance charges increase minion defence & resists, but decreases your own

Can you imagine the boost to minion damage & survivorbility this would give, but would make you into a squishy mess. It could free up the minion support gem links for other stuff, and some new builds could be centered around the idea. Would be interesting to see.
~Not To Be Taken~
"
Archerazor wrote:
Keystone idea for a minion conduit:

Power charges increase minion crit chance, but decreases your own
Frenzy charges increase minion attack, cast & movement speed, but decreases your own
Endurance charges increase minion defence & resists, but decreases your own
Too extreme.

First off, a party-only keystone is lame, and thus the argument against warping Conduit doesn't really hold up to scrutiny. It would be like arguing for Acrobatics to have kept the old drawback no matter what, because "it's a pure evasion keystone, no armour allowed!" Sometimes change is for the better.

Second, the appropriate drawback is simply not benefiting from your own charges; for example, it could be written as "Nearby allies benefit from your Endurance, Power, and Frenzy charges instead of you." Doesn't need to be any more or less complicated than that; furthermore, two different Conduit users in the same party would cover up that weakness, while in general multiple Conduit users in the same party currently is simple overkill.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jul 14, 2013, 1:54:40 AM
"
for example, it could be written as "Nearby allies benefit from your Endurance, Power, and Frenzy charges instead of you." Doesn't need to be any more or less complicated than that; furthermore, two different Conduit users in the same party would cover up that weakness, while in general multiple Conduit users in the same party currently is simple overkill.

I really like this idea, and it applies this
Spoiler
keystones aren't supposed to give you a bonus for nothing
thought process better than the current conduit.

Permanent curse and dual curse keystones DO give you something for nothing, as well as the current conduit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info