[0.9.12] Show us your interesting characters and be featured on our YouTube channel!

I'd like to feature my little marauder named:

SulphuricRainman: Iron Will Marauder:

This guy wanted to be a tribe shaman. He failed his final test, though, as his rain dance burned down the chief's tent.

The concept is simple, but effective.

Main attack: Firestorm, supported by Life Leech and Iron Will

Along with Blood Magic, this creates a free cast firestorm, with pretty nice firepower. All puns intended.

Support Skills: Firestorm, supported by Totem and Iron Will.

Basically you cast Phase Run, gather up a large group of enemies, plant two totems, pop Molten Shell, stand your ground and firestorm.

Not only does it look pretty awesome, but it works fairly well, too! And you are your own tank.

At some nastier bosses, I plant a Rejuvenation Totem instead. Just so I keep the health pool topped up easily.

Current Build:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQEBzbEgV9E0PdcSIY8jy9UXzzGTSffTP_B7BI6nnLuKQBmiN6h2eE0BuptvQkrw3Uh0vEfe4KHmhDVysqVumPWGq6nblmrm1qrXkoCt2ACKVEvA5lhvioV0PfrOpZoHa5TV1YyD9DfEI3-oL3qJtOqHW7-cAz55-RvFcWkg3fPKcubjK2hFiYOTJLei0Gq51kRh0UgtKM-N8ewKZdlOR12CwlR55wA0NrVqN5cIRCmGwI-qSAHzU09swmB4L6z53fTl

Final Build:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQEBzbEgV9E0PdcSIY8jy9UXzzGTSffTP_B7BI6nnLuKQBmiN6h2eE0BuptvQkrw3Uh0vEfe4MDmWG-Y9YaroeaENYqFdD2p25ZqcrKlblupQbH6zqWa5taq18iZvQIHa5TVkoCt2HD3h2zVjIP0AIpUS7P5HhM3xCN_tOqHWzsoLVWoL3qJv5wDPuMraEVgeC-sefkbxYmDkyT53fTlcWkg3bnWRGG3otBq88py5tFILSgKZdlOz43x7KoOCjBHXYLCltUEesuQDfBUeecA3bR_EcvrB0ydhLJ2KAw15zQ2tWoK_Cqv7iv46f2pYj9vWVpVN5cIRITXHBJQw9nhr2fz6SmGwI_dI1F4jQ8pV6pIAfNHPIy5fQveM1NPbMIX7NacVgyrrUlQyt3ZbENgpBGAxQ==
"That's how you die properly, Sailor Boy.."
Last edited by jawsofhana on Oct 21, 2012, 8:08:25 PM
Wow It's amazing how individual you can Skill your Character these Templars Rocks :D
Einfach nur Schinken

Can sb. Help me with my Marauder?
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/55375

Ps: You can answer in German or English how you want :D
I guess I'm gonna post my build as well, it may be common or not but it works well.

Basically is a fire/critical specced witch, with curses to increase dps.

Main attack skills: fireball (with linked multiple projectiles and increased ignite chance), firestorm (with linked increased ignite chance). Both of them have a high chance of inflicting burn, and high critical chance. Also both of them are basically aoe spells (due to multiple projectiles linked to fireball)

Support skills: tempest shield, with linked added lightning damage; main curse: elemental weakness, secondary curse: enfeeble (for survivability).

Extra skills: ethereal knives and freezing pulse (for fire-resistant mobs)

Current build:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQMABExkwwWqm1UWCb_SNtIc6jbrxVQ_eFyeP55fTU0zvqtVyGzAViUX_1dgxb1c2d8UYEcEyWISGhZlpIcJZsc123yGyhmCqinEg4Yb2oOIsqqG1J6uiIGjOpYcZWqYVKpkmSa45bHb0_a4wAJ7wwcy58YhEwLKub2Ry0EdEc3aqMbbMyK46o7qmO3XuXj4kxuc_HO6wg==

Planned build:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQMAAzkrzARMZMMFCcgaBaqbVQsK0lkL1SpNE3uW-RYJv9Ia68s9ILkVpyEa-H8hedp6JO3gqCYCROMs18ILMBrrWTDaOXAyvWbWMuq57DbSHOo268VUOtyqFT94XJ4_nl9NQUU8GEJM1rxEqiW3SMMt1EmnCVhKJI6zTTO-q09DWX1VyGzAViUX_1dgxb1YtT9PXNnfFF-buYhgRwTJYhIaFmURcrVlpIcJZsc122fuCepo2hlUbsHV8XNtYcV2zV-ZfIbKGX3oSTh_qsgegqopxIOGG9qDiLKqhtSeroiBozqWHGVqmFSqZJkmuOWx29P2uMACe8MHMufGIRMCyrm9kctBHRHN2qjG2zMiuOqO6pjt17l4-JMbnPxzusKGc4sPwHD0lrNT7Auyt2nO8TuKPpktYbfzX-1W2ZuoEr0pmYDgIiIf5WPQVJvwKsX-i-KuvIG45oXKd62zZGVK4vYHPZBpUyWpvwdiyDkwAfcjILndrhXe27HID_e7LErH8129w5Vf_4hFMU60Hmd7lPYNZ_TkamaJLEgPsYq4eo-7lnWwphHs6EB07dkJHdmHMz9qjDz5v-N0tUGi33J4

Focus on criticals and burning damage, to take out large mobs as fast as possible (with 2 aoes with high critical), and against bosses (2 burning spells with critical and DoT).

I don't know how common a such build is (especially with almost no cold spells in it), but it surely is effective, as I killed both Merveil and Vaal Overlord from the first try, without bothering using portals or dying. And this build love monster balls, the more mobs, the better damage output:D
Wraeclast's Finest clan:
http://wraeclastsfinest.guildlaunch.com

Live by the gun or die by my law
I really don't get why people keep posting lvl 4x champions. In this game at lvl 40+ you kill fastest and it is easiest. The difficulty raises on merciless pretty much but before it gets easier as you progres. If you think your build rocks but you never have been to merciless, you just don't know anything.
http://www.roadatlas.eu
"
prawda wrote:
I really don't get why people keep posting lvl 4x champions. In this game at lvl 40+ you kill fastest and it is easiest. The difficulty raises on merciless pretty much but before it gets easier as you progres. If you think your build rocks but you never have been to merciless, you just don't know anything.
Most builds can be fleshed out/tweaked and taken to merciless, we dont have time to level every character we want to post to level 7x. I have 3 lvl 78+ characters but I still posted my character here at lvl 40's.

That doesnt make him bad, it just gives him enough skill points/weapon slots to do things that a level 12 character cant.
"
prawda wrote:

The purpose of this thread is interesting/challenging/funny/crazy builds. Not the best or the most survivable or with highest damage, etc.

A build can be interesting and still have big problems in merciless. That doesn't make that build bad or less interesting. It just makes it more challenging (a good thing imo).
Wraeclast's Finest clan:
http://wraeclastsfinest.guildlaunch.com

Live by the gun or die by my law
Flicker Blood Magic Raging Sword Duelist

LiveAction is the character.

I wanted to suggest my build. I talk about it in game a lot (my char is LiveAction) and often times I talked about how a lot of the builds of the week are very gimmicky or are built around an extremely rare unique.

So here is my build, it's simple, it's versatile, and it's effective.

It's a duelist who uses swords as his weapon, currently using a two handed sword Rigvald's Charge Highland Blade, though the build is versatile enough to use 2h, sword and board or even dual wield.

The bread and butter of this build is the blood magic passive, combined with blood rage giving frenzy orbs for kills. The build has lots of HP and hp regen to balance this out, and the effect is basically almost non endless flicker strikes without cooldown. The build relies on killing common monsters of my level in a single hit and blues in at the most 2 hits. For rare monsters and bosses, I use a mixture of my ability to tank hits combined with my movespeed to weave in and out dodging hits, while i wear them down with viper strikes and the occasional phase run flickers.

Basically this build is meant for solo play, since it RELIES on being able to get that kill for more frenzy charges.

Anger and Wrath are two of the bufs I like to use. Added damage plus a low HP reservation cost. Howe Ive due to low INT, my wrath won't level up too high. I also have grace and determination, which I can combine with reduced mana cost or even go 1h sword and board if I need to be able to tank some hits.

My other equips are just basic rares with armor/evasion hyrbids. I have lots of items that add to HP Regen every little bit helps to balance out the HP loss I have spamming skills.

AS for skills on the skill tree, blood magic, leech life, HP and hp regen boosts were what I concentrated on most, while getting STR nodes on the way and hybrid evasion armor nodes nearby. Damage nodes for 1h swords were something I got later on, since lower levels I was boosting my survivability and could get by simply by having a strong sword.

Cleave is my AOE attack, combined with faster attacks and added cold damage for a combinaton of fast aoe damage plus the ability to slow enemies down a bit.

Phase run is not just something I use to move quickly whether to or from a battle, but something I use to greatly enhance flickers on enemies I might not be able to one shot normally.

Some combinations of skill gems I like depending on my equips and the situation...

Flicker + Melee Physical + Added Cold Damage + Reduced Mana

Cleave + Faster Attacks + Added Cold Damage

Blood Rage + Increased Duration

Another combination if I have an equip with the links is Lightning Strike + Greater Multiple Projectiles + Reduced Mana + Melee Physical, though I still prefer cleave as my AOE.

If I go one handed swords, I will use the puncture skill and combine it with Viper Strikes to watch the two sap the enemies HP quickly.

I've made it through every difficulty with this build, and it's durable, hard hitting, effective, easy to use, versatile, and can even farm solo quickly.

Basically, the build has unlimited skill usage(due to regen balancing out the hp loss) can spam flickers, is durable enough to tank hits if necessary, can take care of bosses, and is basically just limited to swords, and can use any kind in any way.

I've played every difficulty of this game for the record and still one shot flicker common enemies my own level, which constant one hit flickers is the bread and butter of this build.

I know there was another Flicker Duelist featured recently, but there are some big differences in our builds.

-His relied on very fast multiple attacks per second while mine relies on extremely hard hitting single strikes(or for single targets I use poisons and bleeds to wear down enemies as I dance around them)

-He got his frenzy from the frenzy skill while I use Blood Rage and constant kills for my frenzy.

-He uses MP while I use blood magic.

-His takes damage very often and often times gets hurt, while my build can take hits much better( I go for high armor high evasion hybrid armors and passives as well as plenty of HP and hp regen)

Last edited by BaneoftheLight on Oct 27, 2012, 3:51:07 PM
please post a video of you 1shotting stuff in endgame maps with flicker......
What is "end game" to you? Merciless in general, or random obscure special maps that the common player is never going to see?

Currently, my duelist 1 shots mobs in merciless in areas of his own level. That's a fact. Since the build is doing it for every difficulty before that, it's an easy to use, effective, versatile build.

No gimmicks. No making a build for the final .0001% of the game to play some custom map with 10,000 rare monsters, no insanely rare uniques needed.
Build of the Week 14 is up!

Once 0.9.13 has been deployed I'll make a new thread so people can repost characters that have been adapted to the slightly modified passive skill tree layout.

Thanks for the great builds, guys!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info