[Beta/Obselete] [Build Guide] Frost Raven - Ice Shot Culling MF EB Necromancer - Great Solo Farming

Can you please fix the skill trees? it stops at act 2 normal.
hello, could u reup your Passive Skill Tree cuz those in topic are bugged.
yep passive tree got bugged
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
fix the tree!! >:D
yes plz fix this is the only alternative to CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP summoner build to rathik2 build
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
I just want everyone to know that, since 1.0, I haven't been playing this character at all, pursuing other options. Frankly, I'm a little surprised that I've gotten about half a dozen PMs to update the build for the 1.0 tree... surprised and flattered.

The major problem is that the old build relied heavily on Iron Grip to cheat on offensive nodes. Essentially, that's all the DPS investment it had, which raised its bow damage from pitiful to mediocre.... which, for a summoner, is good enough, since the zombies are doing most of the work anyway, and mediocre damage is sufficient to get a few starting corpses. With Iron Grip's relocation, alternative methods of increasing bow DPS would be required. It's quite possible that a new version of the build wouldn't be an archer at all (unfortunately), but instead an Arctic Breath caster. Arctic Breath mimics a lot of Ice Shot's core functions.

It's also extremely likely the new build will be a Scion.

In any case, I'm currently pretty invested in my level 73 Acrobatics max-block Scion (in Nemesis league, still living the dream), and I'll probably get her to 80 then write a build guide on her before revisiting summoner for a viable, cheap farming build — preferably one which solves the problem of Normal Dominus, which as you may know prevents most summoners from being HC viable, and I'd like to make the build viable for all leagues if possible. I'll try to work in bow skills if possible, but I guarantee nothing, as passing the Dominus hurdle is more important. In any case, it's not my current project, and it might take me a month, maybe two, to release anything.

Thank you for your patience.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Nov 13, 2013, 11:14:48 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Frankly, I'm a little surprised that I've gotten about half a dozen PMs to update the build for the 1.0 tree... surprised and flattered.

Strengths/Weaknesses aside, it's an awesomely themed character, and that's probably part of the appeal for a lot of people.

Summoners, ice mages, and rangers are all pretty cool fantasy archetypes.

Combine them and you get magic and a lot of interest. :3

ps not a scion! eeeew
Last edited by Draggy on Nov 14, 2013, 12:53:45 AM
Even though this build has been considered dead, I am determined to make it work.

I have gotten to level 74 and even though it has been difficult at times, I am happy that I have continued to be true to the spirit of Scrotie's Frost Raven build.

I am still enjoying the build, even though my DPS is not where it was pre launch. I still run with 8 zombies and 4 aura's (Wrath, Clarity, Vitality, and Purity of Elements). My gear is still well below what I had pre launch with only a 5L chest and the rest being 4L or less, but that was the spirit of this build, not to be heavily dependent on gear. IIR is still low but that will come with time I guess and I am a cheap bastard so it is hard for me to part with my my hard earned Chaos orbs.

Anyway, I still feel that the spirit of this build is still viable and maybe with a little better gear I could continue my "Frost Raven" path with hopes of being a true farming build.

Here is my current skill tree. http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAP0HYw2NDjwUcRSwFy8XUBmFGYoabBqPHNwdqiL0JKoo-iqYMn426TlSOjA6UkGqRnFMLU5tUzVVxlXWVytZ81qRZOdmnmqsa9tsC21sb55yqXNTeqp82X3Sf8aApIIegseDCYhAj0aQM5Mnm6GbtZ2uoqOmrKcIqH2smKyqtAy1SLiTvDe_l8AawfPDOsk9ykrPZdDQ0_vZC9rd4YjjauaB6-7yHvba9zL31_jr-ej6gPrS-wn-SQ==
Last edited by Abelos on Nov 25, 2013, 3:16:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info