Arctic Breath

Do %increased projectile damage nodes increase the damage of arctic breath?
IGN: tny
So now that the "flying" mechanic has been added into the game, can this skill gem be fixed?

I'm tired of the projectile hitting the invisible walls.

Think of trying this mechanic out if you want to psudo patch it.
It's a flying projectile/flying raging spirit using arctic armour.

Now it can hover over things properly, and apply the ground effect when necessary.

Also, I'm curious how this gem handles desync. Since it uses two projectiles, one to apply the chill, and one to deal damage..... what happens when they don't align properly?
"The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence."
They could always have made AB a flying projectile. That's how nearly all Projectiles already work anyways; Spark and AB are just exceptions because they hover close to the ground. "Flying" is an entity (monster/minion/player, etc.) thing.
It's intentional.

"Since it uses two projectiles[..]"
Oh really.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Feb 2, 2014, 10:53:29 AM
I think it's two projectiles....
Pretty sure it was mentioned on one GGG post somewhere, maybe anther thread.
I could be mistaken, or it could have been changed recently.

Sadly I don't see this skillgem used often. It has very decent base damage.
"The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence."
It is not and never has been two projectiles.
Would be nice if they fixed the LAG on this skill at least.
I like this skill, but I think it needs to be a little bit more like fireball.

When I say that, what I mean here is think about losing the ground ice. Also, with coc linked to arctic breath and fireball, arctic breath always explodes on walls, over cliffs, rocks, sturdy blades of grass...while the fireball continues on.

Second, the effect for this skill seems to cause lag in parties. I can use it fine when im solo, even with gmp and all of my additional effects going off from trigger gems. In a group setting it seems like it's too much and I'm guessing the ground ice can be blamed for much of that.

Do you guys consider the graphic intensiveness of a skill when there are 5 other people on the screen spamming it? I just have to ask because in a solo setting it is fine.

As far as balance I would be happy if it just stopped randomly exploding.
Hi there,
would like to know if it's possible to make a mtx for this skill which makes the projectile look like the Arctic Skull from the hatred aura mtx.

The same pretty much goes for the Fireball as well (make it look like the fire skull from anger mtx).
My little tribute to Diablo 1 aka why Diablo 3 is the worst part of the series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP2ejhudUlU

ig: Witchfire_The_Unholy
Last edited by Diablo1reborn on Mar 2, 2014, 5:10:21 AM
"
I think it's two projectiles....
Pretty sure it was mentioned on one GGG post somewhere, maybe anther thread.
I could be mistaken, or it could have been changed recently.

Sadly I don't see this skillgem used often. It has very decent base damage.

the base damage is crap. lvl 20 = 319 base (max). even fireball has 85% more than that at the same level..
Last edited by Darkfyre on Mar 28, 2014, 3:48:12 PM
The whole point of this skill seems to be to link it up with GMP and create huge amounts of ground ice. I don't think this is a bad thing (ground ice is defensively very powerful), but it's perhaps counter-intuitive to players who think they're getting a cold version of Fireball.

I think ground ice is one of the few ways an Avatar of Fire build can chill monsters, since it does not depend on damage. Hmm...
Last edited by Incompetent on Mar 28, 2014, 6:55:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info