Disconnect with piercing + power siphon [0.9.12]

As far I can tell it not when PS passes though but passes though and kills a mob behind. thats the nearest I could tell, didn't matter if gem or curse. Hope this helps
I noticed that there's another instance crash bug that doesn't seem to be caused by piercing itself.

My guess is that it's related to whirling blades, because it was happening when I was with a guy using that skill (and I think he crashed on his own as well).

Whirling blades does technically pierce (as does freezing pulse and ice spear though), so maybe there's some potential issue with that as well?
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
update — I've noticed that I can still disconnect without using any sort of piercing (solo).

Somehow alternating elemental hit (no pierce support) with power siphon (also no pierce support) occasionally causes an instance crash

possibly relevant things:
I have elemental equilibrium, multiple projectiles (on both), and can hit fast enough to kill with another skill/attack (or another power siphon), after using power siphon for the first attack
(I am mentioning that due to the fact that the patch notes talks about a bug where 2 power charges are apparently gained if doing 2 power siphon attacks consecutively quick enough)

As I previously mentioned, people who don't use power siphon (but possibly use whirling blades) also seem to experience instance crashes occasionally too, so it's not just power siphon it seems.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Last edited by Xapti on Sep 12, 2012, 3:56:55 AM
I'd also like to chime in on this issue, as I've seen a dramatic increase in disconnects with every iteration of the 0.9.12 patch. But today I've noticed something odd.

I use power siphon in conjunction with projectile weakness. I'm also raising 3 zombies, using enduring cry, wrath, grace, and anger auras. Not sure if the auras could be playing a part in this or not, just thought I'd include them.

When I first installed the new 0.9.12 patch, I noticed an increased frequency of disconnects that I had never seen before. But today, I've played for about an hour with no issues in Merciless Terraces and Mud Flats. Not a single disconnect even with my normal usage of said skills. The odd thing is, as soon as I enter Fetid Pool, I get constant disconnects. I'm talking 4 or 5 disconnects in 10 minutes. It ranged from happening after killing only a few mobs, to happening after clearing half of the instance. Fetid Pool seems to be playing a part in this equation, although I've no clue why.

Keep up the great work GGG!

Edit: Right after posting, I re-ran Fetid Pool and did not use Projectile Weakness (Also I don't have any other pierce supports) and I was able to clear the entire instance without a disconnect. This definitely seems to confirm that Power Siphon + pierce (in any form) is seeing some issues.
Last edited by rdoc0613 on Sep 12, 2012, 8:59:12 PM
"
rdoc0613 wrote:
...definitely seems to confirm that Power Siphon + pierce (in any form) is seeing some issues.

We've already established that.
Power siphon was sometimes causing an instance or client crash (or both). Fixed locally, should be in next small patch.
still bugged with 9.12d

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info