Cleave

"
SlixSC wrote:

This is the bow I found in my practise run that resulted in over 100 dps. If you have to find a bow like this just to have roughly the same dps as your average cleave user I really question why I shouldn't just go cleave instead? From my own experience cleave is almost non-gear dependant at all. You can basically destroy merveil with 2 white boarding axes. Try that with a white long bow and no other dmg mods on gear, it actually takes 3x as long.

Isn't it dual strike that is op then not cleave? :P If you are complaining about single target shouldn't you be comparing burning/poison arrow to dual strike?
Last edited by Rithz on Sep 21, 2013, 2:33:48 PM
"
Rithz wrote:
"
SlixSC wrote:

This is the bow I found in my practise run that resulted in over 100 dps. If you have to find a bow like this just to have roughly the same dps as your average cleave user I really question why I shouldn't just go cleave instead? From my own experience cleave is almost non-gear dependant at all. You can basically destroy merveil with 2 white boarding axes. Try that with a white long bow and no other dmg mods on gear, it actually takes 3x as long.

Isn't it dual strike that is op then not cleave? :P If you are complaining about single target shouldn't you be comparing burning/poison arrow to dual strike?

Yeah that's true, but I don't feel that burning arrow is all that bad if you have a good bow actually. But that once again goes back to what boof said earlier, the probability of finding a good bow is just frustratingly low.

I might be wrong here, but I think that bow rangers are probably the most gear-dependant race class out there, but simultaneously have the least useful weapons of all classes on the loot table. (which ironically, at least in my opinion makes descent easier for rangers at higher levels, because you get a bunch of alchs, chaos and good base bows so you can actually have several attempts at rolling a nice bow, which isn't necessarily the case in normal races)

P.S.: in descent ranger gets alot stronger at higher levels because you get to roll alot of bows, whereas in normal races I feel the opposite is happening, you actually get weaker with every level, unless you somehow find an insane bow, the probability of finding or crafting a good bow is actually higher in descent than it is in normal races, ignoring the shitty ranger start chests of course.

#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Sep 21, 2013, 3:50:15 PM
"
Pam wrote:
are we supposed to keep cleaving all the way with rangeR? I usually switch to RoA once lvl 5 D:

they ruined that by replacing cleave for reave :)
I switched to DS/Cleave with an appropriate skilltree, it feels better but I've yet to get results in a race, I can blame it on my isp for now.
@2i0
I'm always muling a duelist for another ring + weapon so I'm dualwielding as soon as possible with the occasional rustic sash.

Since it cannot be mentioned enough: RoA too costly early !
Last edited by Pam on Sep 27, 2013, 2:58:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info