Online Ladder Monitor by Kem

The link is dead?
This is a really awesome idea! I can't count the number of times I've seen someone ask how they can find themselves on the ladder.. now you've made it very easy to do!

This will also be useful for people who live stream while they run races.. just put this info up on their stream as an overlay and everyone can keep track of their rank right on the stream :)

Thanks a lot for the work you've put into this.
Last edited by simonizor on Sep 8, 2012, 1:25:02 PM
"
Coldet wrote:
Thanks for the great job Kem - I expect this number to skyrocket in the coming races.

Thank you!

"
MrSpaviel wrote:
The link is dead?

It works for me and a bunch of other people. Did you get it to work? If not, what error message do you get? If you can see stuff on the site but can't do anything maybe you don't have javascript enabled.

"
simonizor wrote:
Thanks a lot for the work you've put into this.

Thank you!
It doesn't work for me either. Server not found.
✠ ✠

"
MrSpaviel wrote:
The link is dead?

It works for me and a bunch of other people. Did you get it to work? If not, what error message do you get? If you can see stuff on the site but can't do anything maybe you don't have javascript enabled.

Nope. Redirects me to 127.0.0.1 (which is my local stuff) on any browser. Latest version of Java and any other page works but this.
"
MrSpaviel wrote:
The link is dead?

"
wiggin wrote:
It doesn't work for me either. Server not found.

I think you guys might have some DNS trouble.

Try these links and tell me if they work.
http://kemichal.no-ip.org/poe/

http://90.227.247.21/poe/

Also, what browser do you use? Firefox? (I know ff sometimes have some DNS issues)
Last edited by Kemichal on Sep 8, 2012, 3:21:41 PM
Seems like DNS trouble, the other links work. Thanks!

Edit: Just to provide some better feedback, the original link doesn't work in IE, Chrome and Firefox. It doesn't look like browser specific issue. It is quite possible it is related to some local network or ISP trouble, though.
✠ ✠
Last edited by wiggin on Sep 8, 2012, 3:46:33 PM
"
wiggin wrote:
Seems like DNS trouble, the other links work. Thanks!

Edit: Just to provide some better feedback, the original link doesn't work in IE, Chrome and Firefox. It doesn't look like browser specific issue. It is quite possible it is related to some local network or ISP trouble, though.

Thank you! It really helps with this kind of feedback. If you are having trouble with other sites you maybe want to look into using an Alternate DNS server. Some hosts have really sucky DNS servers (although, I haven't ruled out that the error might be on my side). Here is a guide from Google for those that might be interested.
https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using
Btw, it wasn't working for me until I changed some lowercase letters in the league name, in the URL. You have to make sure the league name stays in the same case as in the dropdown list.

Thanks very much for this awesome tool, well done!
"
Arkatar wrote:
Btw, it wasn't working for me until I changed some lowercase letters in the league name, in the URL. You have to make sure the league name stays in the same case as in the dropdown list.

Thanks very much for this awesome tool, well done!

Strange, it shouldn't be case sensitive. I tried changing some random letters to uppercase and it still worked. If it continues to act weird like that post the full url you are using, both the one that isn't working and the one that is.
Anyways, thanks for your feedback :D

Edit: Would be great if you also could tell me what browser/version you are using, and if you have the same problem in other browsers.
Last edited by Kemichal on Sep 8, 2012, 6:43:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info