Online Ladder Monitor by Kem

Hello exiles!
I want to officially announce my online ladder monitor!

What is it
The monitor is a web application meant to help you see your progress "live" in a ladder. It shows your character and the 4 characters above/under you in either the whole league or in just your class. It polls my server for new data every 33 seconds.

Every time you gain/lose a rank the monitor will flash green/red to notify you of your change in rank. A green or red border around the ladder will tell you if the last event was either a promotion or demotion.

How do I use it
You simply visit the site http://www.kemichal.com/poe/ and choose your league and the character's name (don't forget to press enter after you have typed in the character name).

It can only monitor the top 2,000 characters in each league!

That link didn't work!
A few people seems to have DNS problems. Try this link instead http://kemichal.no-ip.org/poe/.

Future features - Short term
* Character death log, stuff like a list with all 50+ deaths or if you just got promoted because player X died.
* Autocomplete in the character name text field.

Future features - Long term
* Actual tracking of players, will enable stuff like ranks/exp gain in the last 24 hours etc.
* Graphs! Nuff said.

Known bugs
*Sometimes the monitor won't respond to changes between global/class, in this case just try again and it should work.
*If you fall out of the league (by death or by going below top 2,000) the monitor won't do anything, it will just sit there with the latest data.

What can I do for you?
Give me you stuff! No but seriously, all I want is some response. Just tell me what you like/don't like and ideas for future features. Also bug reports (eeek).

Change log
v0.3 - 8 September 2012
* Implemented a simple theme picker, now there is a black on white and a white on black theme.
* You can now choose what league to monitor.
* Automagical league detection. Any new league will be added to the monitors list of leagues.
* You can now choose what character to monitor by typing the name in the character name text field.
* Fixed a bug where irrelevant data would show in if the monitored character was in the top 4 of his league.
* Added some more debug data.
* Changed the update interval to 33 seconds to cause drifting.
v0.4 - 12 September 2012
* Removed the Legacy leagues because who cares.
* Did some back-end changes to improve release deployments.
* Added death alerts, only works as intended in hardcore leagues with under 2,000 participants.
* The death alert box is movable so you can place it wherever you want.
v0.5 - 4 October 2012
* Added online status column.
Last edited by Kemichal on Feb 21, 2013, 7:08:48 AM
"
Kemichal wrote:

What can I do for you?
Give me you stuff! No but seriously, all I want is some response. Just tell me what you like/don't like and ideas for future features. Also bug reports (eeek).

How about showing both global/class listings at the same time?

Does this have some sort of auto-refresh interval?
IGN @dime
"
dime wrote:

How about showing both global/class listings at the same time?

I could do that

"
dime wrote:

Does this have some sort of auto-refresh interval?

It refreshes every 30 seconds, can be hard to note if you aren't actually playing while testing the app.

Thanks for the feedback :)
I will also request a dark theme/background, so that you can keep it up on a 2nd monitor at night and not be blinded by the white page.

This looks really useful and I hope I will be able to use it in the next race league.
IGN @dime
"
dime wrote:
I will also request a dark theme/background, so that you can keep it up on a 2nd monitor at night and not be blinded by the white page.

An excellent idea, will do.

"
dime wrote:
This looks really useful and I hope I will be able to use it in the next race league.

The stuff you asked for will probably be done before the next race this weekend!
Love it great job.

Some stuff I would like to see, is maybe a graph of this same info over the last 1 hour or something. Very helpful in races to see who is doing what at what rate.
Looks good man keep up the good work!

Juju
There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root - Thoreau, Henry David
v0.3 deployed!

Change list:
* Implemented a simple theme picker, now there is a black on white and a white on black theme.
* You can now choose what league to monitor.
* Automagical league detection. Any new league will be added to the monitors list of leagues.
* You can now choose what character to monitor by typing the name in the character name text field.
* Fixed a bug where irrelevant data would show in if the monitored character was in the top 4 of his league.
* Added some more debug data.
* Changed the update interval to 33 seconds to cause drifting.
With these new changes the monitor *should* work for the race event later today. If it doesn't work I'll be fixing it the moment the race starts (I will never get that demigods amulet lol).

"
MrDDT wrote:
Some stuff I would like to see, is maybe a graph of this same info over the last 1 hour or something. Very helpful in races to see who is doing what at what rate.

Graphs added to long term features! I like the idea, but requires a lot of work/thinking(darn it).

"
jujuman wrote:
Looks good man keep up the good work!

Thanks man :)
"
Kemichal wrote:
It was quite successful with 46 distinct users during the event.

Thanks for the great job Kem - I expect this number to skyrocket in the coming races.
I'm BACK :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info