[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

"
julus wrote:
The situations will improve.. Stuttering/fps drops using skills and encountering rares occurs on windows as well. So the Devs will fix it... Currently, I am trying to made the port stable, but sometimes I mess around with perforamnce improving patches (3.7 have them, so framerate should be a little bit better). Also, I need to have stable port on the latest wine, because wine is now working on mac driver, which will eliminate a lot of glitches and crashes, and should inherit some features from OSX.

I have now tested 3.7 for some hours and what can I say... no problems to mention. 3.6 and 3.7 have both been very stable in my opinion. I'm not sure there is real difference performance-wise between those two. It's mostly up to my Mac that hasn't got much more to give...

3.7 did fix the launcher appearance, and items now have deeper background colour in invetory and stash. with 3.6 it was sometimes hard to tell if something had blue (magic item) or red (can't equip) background. Maybe it's just me but I also get the feeling that some effects, like level up effect, gem level up effect and skill effects now display clearer too.

Hopefully GGG can get their servers sorted out and improve the game performance all round. Got to buy me some pets and weapon effects...
First of all. As my first post on the forums I want to thank GGG and especially you Julus for mkaing this game and in your case making it possible to play on my Mac.

You may have addressed this earlier in this forum topic and if so I apologize. Everything seems to work fine for me other than the few known issues. My question is, has a fix been figured out yet for the distorted text that is caused by Wineskin? Is there something I can do to make it a bit easier to read? There are times when I have a skill gem or orb and I can barely read the text.

Thanks in advance, Sharkey.
Last edited by CSharkey on Jan 31, 2013, 1:58:30 PM
HI everyone, first off thank you so much for the information and the steps to getting this game to run! I was able to make my own wrapper and get the game running. Im having two problems though

First my frame rate is absolutely terrible in combat sometimes as low as 3 FPS. I've tried adjusting settings and im as low as they go and it doesn't seem to help.

Second whenever i try to load mud flats it gives me an error saying it couldn't find a part of the map to load I guess.

If anyone has some suggestions as to ways I could work on either of these it would be very much appreciated.
whats the command to show FPS?
"
CSharkey wrote:
First of all. As my first post on the forums I want to thank GGG and especially you Julus for mkaing this game and in your case making it possible to play on my Mac.

You may have addressed this earlier in this forum topic and if so I apologize. Everything seems to work fine for me other than the few known issues. My question is, has a fix been figured out yet for the distorted text that is caused by Wineskin? Is there something I can do to make it a bit easier to read? There are times when I have a skill gem or orb and I can barely read the text.

Thanks in advance, Sharkey.

Text is distorted under Wine, a known issue. A bug case has been opened for Wine devs, so expect a fix in due course.

"
Struggle wrote:
HI everyone, first off thank you so much for the information and the steps to getting this game to run! I was able to make my own wrapper and get the game running. Im having two problems though

First my frame rate is absolutely terrible in combat sometimes as low as 3 FPS. I've tried adjusting settings and im as low as they go and it doesn't seem to help.

Second whenever i try to load mud flats it gives me an error saying it couldn't find a part of the map to load I guess.

If anyone has some suggestions as to ways I could work on either of these it would be very much appreciated.

Please list your system specifications. Operating System, CPU, GPU, RAM...

What sort of performance do you get with julus' wrappers?

"
Whiteman007 wrote:
whats the command to show FPS?

Fn + F1.
Here is what I think you were asking for

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro8,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 4 GB

Built in GPU Intel HD Graphics 3000:

Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics 3000
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Total): 384 MB
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x0116
Revision ID: 0x0009
gMux Version: 1.9.23

Additional GPU AMD Radeon HD 6490M:

Chipset Model: AMD Radeon HD 6490M
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x8
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x6760
Revision ID: 0x0000
ROM Revision: 113-C0170H-521
gMux Version: 1.9.23
EFI Driver Version: 01.00.521
Displays:
Color LCD:
Resolution: 1440 x 900
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes

I will try Julus again I initially couldnt get it to work It sat at loading forever maybe I just wasnt patient enough. If i didnt link something I needed to let me know

Thank you for this great port :)
I`m in doubt about the OSX version required for this to work. Using a mid-summer 2011 imac, I5 proc and radeon hd6750 vga, will it run under snow leopard? 10.6.8?

Thanks in advanca and congrats on the work ;)
Last edited by cainc5 on Jan 31, 2013, 3:46:10 PM
"
cainc5 wrote:
I`m in doubt about the OSX version required for this to work. Using a mid-summer 2011 imac, I5 proc and radeon hd6750 vga, will it run under snow leopard? 10.6.8?

Thanks in advanca and congrats on the work ;)

You have the same mac as I (except I got I7 cpu). The game should work on 10.6.8, but ATI drivers are really mess here, it's possible you will encounter graphic glitches, but if you try it, let me know if you have any graphic issues.
"
Struggle wrote:

Same issue occurs on windows as well (just take a look into technical support forum, there are lot of reports with low FPS on windows). It's something that has to be addressed by devs. Currently the Ice skills are giving the most problems to FPS. Nothing I can do here. Same goes with the Flats, but AFAIK can be workarounded (turn off post-processing) and if it does not help, set -gc 1 as exe flag in wineskin

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info