[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

"
LeCap wrote:
Hello,
I have a problem on the game homepage to connect to it.
I put my Email and my password but I can't select any Gateway in the window (see the link).
I don't know why!!! But mostly I can't play :/

http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=827599POe.png

MacBook Air
Mac OS X 10.6.8
1.86 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
2 Go 1067 Mhz DDR3

Same problem here =(
"
krifFinn wrote:
"
Timbob wrote:
The game looks like this when I open it and the solutions suggested to fix the small window problem (CMD+Enter and CMD+opt+A) don't fix it. Does anyone have a solution for me?

Spoiler

Try changing resolution in production_Config.ini.

You can find it in Documents -> My Games -> Path of Exile. Or search with Spotlight.

Open production_Config.ini with TextEdit.app for example. In that file look for "resolution_height=xxxx" and "resolution_width=xxxx". Change those first to correspond your native resolution and save, then start the game again.

Thanks a lot this worked perfectly. I have a new problem however, the mouse icon is not centered exactly where I actually click. Is there a fix for this?
"
Timbob wrote:
Thanks a lot this worked perfectly. I have a new problem however, the mouse icon is not centered exactly where I actually click. Is there a fix for this?

Try changing resolution back and forth ingame.

"
HeroOfTime wrote:
"
LeCap wrote:
Hello,
I put my Email and my password but I can't select any Gateway in the window (see the link).

MacBook Air
Mac OS X 10.6.8
2 Go 1067 Mhz DDR3

Same problem here =(

How do you guys mean? Is it that you cannot click on the drop menu or is the drop menu empty?

See my post above. You can set gateway in production_Config.ini. There is a line "gateway=" (without quotations) so type your preferred gateway to that, either "America", "Europe" or "Singapore" (again without quotations). So that it reads gateway=Europe for example.

EDIT added info
Last edited by krifFinn on Jan 19, 2013, 3:55:14 AM
Any way to hide the top Menu Bar?

When playing full screen the Menu Bar is still visible and dock can be shown also.
They say I'm an astronaut that laughs a lot.
"
HeroOfTime wrote:
"
LeCap wrote:
Hello,

MacBook Air
Mac OS X 10.6.8
2 Go 1067 Mhz DDR3

Same problem here =(

Guys, learn to read.
this is still closed beta. You are not beta members so you cant play.
Not that many recent comments here from older (that is, those who have been using this wrapper longer) Mac users so I thought to share this.

So here's my opinion on the current state of the wrapper. I'm using modified version of the wrapper v3.1, but I have only changed the engine to WS8Wine1.4, that is the same as v3.6 uses. Otherwise they are the same.

I partook the One-week HC race and played for around 30 hours. The wrapper did great. Not a single crash, no glitches (apart from a couple of missing terrain details, but this occurs in Windows too). I also had no disconnects, but that is evidently due to my stable connection.

I use a custom resolution of 1344x860 (or thereabouts) in windowed mode and I also turn all settings to minimum. The result is 20-30 fps, latency around 40-50ms. Not too shabby from a low spec computer that is over 5 years old. Loading times between large open areas is still a problem, as it takes around 30-60 seconds (yikes).

Overall I am happy playing with this wrapper. Can't say much about Bootcamp performance since I don't have Windows anymore after I installed an SSD a few months ago.

Again, many thanks to julus for working on this wrapper. You've done a great service to the Mac community.

I'm pretty confident when it comes to Open Beta release. Bring it on.
"
julus wrote:
"
blackspiral wrote:
Hey guys, I posted this on the wrong thread.

Is there a way to reduce the loading screen for areas ? maybe some graphic configuration i dont know about ?
3.1 is great, really stable for me so far but the loading screens for each new area sometimes are too long (specially in act 2)

thank you !

Settings textures to medium will speed up things a little.
Also we have report that POM version has faster loading times. (but not me)

julus thanks for the work on the Mac port for PoE.

what is the POM version?
They say I'm an astronaut that laughs a lot.
Hi,

I've been playing for a couple of weeks and i had no problems with the port, but the last few days my game just freezes (after playing +- 30 mins) randomly. I had freezes in town & instances.
The sound doesn't stop, but everything on my screen is in freeze mode.

Am I overlooking something?

ps: I play on a macbook pro
Yo,
Thanks a bunch for the mac port. I use version 3.1 on my 2012 13 in macbook pro. I love the game and the port works great when I play by myself. However, when I play with other people my frame rate tanks and makes the game almost unplayable :(. Is there any fix for this or will I just have to play by myself?

Thanks
XD

By the way, would there be less combat lag on version 3.6?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info