[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

Ive been trying several ways to play this on my macbook pro 2016. Using the client in this thread, Im able to install the game and launch (after fixing font bugs, the "packet is too large to deserialize" etc) but its unplayable once I exit the initial area. I have also tried crossover and the problem persists. With crossover, in the 2nd area in the game I receive an error that forces me to close. I've tried fiddling with some winetricks, but havent found something to resolve the issue.

Any suggestions?
I didnt read the topic but heres my suggestion to all Mac players: install Windows with Bootcamp and get it trough Steam. I have now like 600h played and its very enjoyable, running smooth on 2013, 27" iMac. Just make sure you get enough diskspace with Bootcamp partition. I have now only enough free space to have Steam and PoE installed + around 10gt free space. Cant install any other games... Regrets
"
femtio wrote:
"
Edit: I solved the problem by creating a new wineskin package and putting PathOfExileInstaller.exe in it and running it. After that ran, I copied the ggpk file into the path of exile directory and changed the "Windows EXE" setting in wineskin form the installer to PathOfExile.exe and it ran with no packet error message. Performance is....not great, even on minimum settings.

Solved the package too large issue by doing this:

1. Show package contents - Copy the torrented ggpk file (DONT KNOW IF THIS IS NECESARRY) and PathOfExileInstaller.exe (from poes homepage) into the POE folder.
2. Delete the HashCache.dat if applicable.
3. Run wineskin, change end of path to PathOfExileInstaller.exe, click test run.
4. After that is done change path back to PathOfExile.exe, click test run.

Boom, worked for me. Also fiddled with some wine tricks.

This appears to be working for me.
mine wouldnt work when i clicked it it wouldnt OPEN PLZ HELP
any progress on dx11? dx9 in windows is worst (~10-15 fps with spikes) dx11 is much better (30-60fps)
I cannot seem to get the login menu. it has been running for over 1 hour. any suggestions
I'm getting error message "Received packet that is too large to deserialize."
"
Solved the package too large issue by doing this:

Spoiler
1. Show package contents - Copy the torrented ggpk file (DONT KNOW IF THIS IS NECESARRY) and PathOfExileInstaller.exe (from poes homepage) into the POE folder.
2. Delete the HashCache.dat if applicable.
3. Run wineskin, change end of path to PathOfExileInstaller.exe, click test run.
4. After that is done change path back to PathOfExile.exe, click test run.

Boom, worked for me. Also fiddled with some wine tricks.

Would just like to point out that this has worked for me (It's loading at least).

Also, If POE client doesn't even pop up, go into screen settings and disable some of the options in the bottom right corner. I think it was the third option from the top (something to do with direct X 3D settings) that got my client to appear before the large file issue popped up.

I'll check back if it gets up and running.
Giving it another chance, if nothing I will just update the wrapper to work again out of box (and so far it seem it will just start, no more deserialize or D3D errors, Fullscreen/windowed mode works properly without crash).

Now, lets explore the DX11 possibility (hint: crashes on launch at the moment)
Had an error that said:
received a package that was too big to deserialise

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info