[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

updated on High Sierra 10.13 and POE won't open anymore. anyone running poe on new macOS ?
hello guys I've got some problems running it i got the message about the package which is too big ...

There isn't any other solution than DL the torrent ?
"
Z3W1 wrote:
updated on High Sierra 10.13 and POE won't open anymore. anyone running poe on new macOS ?

Same problem.

Later:
Hmmm... Wine from repo (brew) + installer from site works pretty good. (Maybe need to install some directx packages from winetricks, but I'm not sure).
Got some errors after first run, but game/wine prompt to switch to directx9 from directx11.
Last edited by firolunis on Oct 14, 2017, 1:24:45 PM
i have same problem, after few days, i found solution

Open Wineskin, Screen Options, turn off "Auto Detect GPU Info for Direct3D"

good luck

(btw install xquartz, wine, winetricks, wineskin winery, and change engine to new one i have ws9wine2.12 )

"
Z3W1 wrote:

Have same problem, after few days, i found solution

Open Wineskin, Screen Options, turn off "Auto Detect GPU Info for Direct3D"

good luck

(btw install xquartz, wine, winetricks, wineskin winery, and change engine to new one i have ws9wine2.12 )
Latest osx version. Trying to start the game for the first time. getting message: Received a packet that is too large to deserialise.

what to do?
thanks
Last edited by Xorraf on Nov 5, 2017, 2:03:53 PM
Seems that we can play on Mac using Nvidia Geforce NOW project. PoE is on list of supported games. Since Geforce NOW for OS X is in Beta phase AFAIK we can try it for free :)

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/geforce-now/mac-pc/supported-games/

I'm gonna try it out this weekend to see how it works...
May God have mercy upon my enemies; they will need it.
Last edited by _phlv_ on Nov 9, 2017, 8:53:21 AM
"
_phlv_ wrote:
Seems that we can play on Mac using Nvidia Geforce NOW project. PoE is on list of supported games. Since Geforce NOW for OS X is in Beta phase AFAIK we can try it for free :)

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/geforce-now/mac-pc/supported-games/

I'm gonna try it out this weekend to see how it works...

It works pretty cool. Unfortunately my bandwidth is not THAT good to have super-duper high video, it looses quality from time to time, but game works smoothly, ping 7ms on London gateway. It's waaay better than trying Mac client using Wine. Defo!
May God have mercy upon my enemies; they will need it.
Last edited by _phlv_ on Nov 9, 2017, 2:33:13 PM
Any luck on a fix or are you still getting this error? I just tried using this and got the same error you mention, Received a packet that is too large to deserialise.
Last edited by Wigfast on Nov 19, 2017, 8:48:43 PM
Alright guys i downloaded the latest PoE client from the official site, managed to run it with Wineskin.

But i read some stuff about Wine Staging and some extensions (XQuartz or whatever) that looked like augments to what im currently running.

What else should i do besides installing and running PoE?

Edit: Like theres this one guy saying to run it with "wine-staging 2.6 with CSMT on." I dont know what that means or how to do it.
Last edited by Invincible1946 on Dec 5, 2017, 5:46:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info