[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

is there a way I can connect my account from steam or get this on steam?
hello, mba 2013, osx 10.12.2 use v7 error out of video memory
what fix it?
Last edited by WhiteO on Dec 15, 2016, 2:56:16 PM
"
poGDI wrote:
"
Ketombe wrote:
"
Fixed it by doing this:
- open wineskin
- advanced
- winetricks
- settings
- check videomemorysize=2048 or 1024
- click Run & close wineskin

Viola!

Also worth going to advanced and clicking "refresh wrapper" to download all required packages.

Hope this helps!

Honestly I dont know how it worked,
But I extended the change to
- vd= 640x480
- videomemory= 512MB
- win7

and it worked! still has fps drops though (as usual)

I'm trying to do this but I'm only getting a black window and no settings to change. Am I Looking in the wrong place?

This worked out good for me. Essential was the 'win7' change.
Put together this quick video if anyone is stuck
https://youtu.be/RxYXXoCKt-s
Hey everyone-messed around with a few settings, but I keep getting this message. Anyone have a work around?

"Error: Failure to receive data from the peer while downloading"
Hi,

I just installed latest version but I cannot choose the character. I can login without a problems but the only thing which I see after are characters standing on that ship and nothing else. No UI to choose character from, nothing at all. Anyone has seen it before?

Thanks
May God have mercy upon my enemies; they will need it.
"
austint27 wrote:
Put together this quick video if anyone is stuck
https://youtu.be/RxYXXoCKt-s

Thank you for this.

Anyone know how using this wine version compares in performance to using Play on Mac? I wonder if it is better or about the same since both are WINE, except Play on Mac is running the game using Steam

I am using Play on Mac to play on my 2015 MBP with Intel Iris 6100. The setup is incredibly easy, just install Play on Mac, then Steam, then PoE. The game runs perfectly for me 90% of the time. I only have set the screen resolution pretty low.

My main problem is occasional FPS slowdown to a freeze for a few seconds. I can always survive this so far, but of course it's not good. So it's been playable so far, and I have learned that if I turn off sound (--nosound launch option) then most of the slowdowns go away.

Do you think this version is better than Play on Mac? Maybe because it does not need Steam? Or maybe Steam running does not matter?

Also, for anyone who wants a very easy Mac installation, Play on Mac is a good option, especially if you have a strong Mac.
Last edited by CinderX_ on Dec 20, 2016, 1:49:37 PM
Runs great, Just getting this epilepsy inducing screen flash. Tried changing resolutions unchecking and checking various video settings and still can't get rid of it. I've been digging through this forum for the last 30 minutes but Am at a loss. Can someone point me towards the solution I'm sure is somewhere in this 300 page thread?
Hello, just wanted to try and download POE for my mac after my previous windows laptop broke, and tried out the v.7, I look in the change logs for v7 and see that it should be able to run on OSX El Capitan so there should've been nothing wrong, but lets go down to the main problem.
When I try opening the game, it brings be to the launcher, then loads and opens poe with a black screen, nothing happens, and then a window pops up saying
""In source code file:
..\Device\D3D9\DeviceD3D9.cpp at line 661,
Processing file:
Error: D3DERR_OUTOFVIDEOMEMORY
Description: Out of video memory
Then when I click ok on the window, it says
The program PathOfExile.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close.
To try to fix this I have tried deleting several files that may have taken up video memory, and also tried running some commands in the settings section of Wine, to tell the program that I have more video memory. None of these have worked so far, and I've tried searching the solution online, only to find nothing related. Please help.
"
boonsketti wrote:
Runs great, Just getting this epilepsy inducing screen flash. Tried changing resolutions unchecking and checking various video settings and still can't get rid of it. I've been digging through this forum for the last 30 minutes but Am at a loss. Can someone point me towards the solution I'm sure is somewhere in this 300 page thread?

I think it was multithreading (or smt like that) that fixed this for me. Turn it off.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info