[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

Anyone else unable to use Wine after the patch?

I get a black screen (occasionally flickering) in game. I can open my stash, see the minimap, etc, and the game appears to be running successfully, but the world itself won't render.

:-(
"
Anyone else unable to use Wine after the patch?

I get a black screen (occasionally flickering) in game. I can open my stash, see the minimap, etc, and the game appears to be running successfully, but the world itself won't render.

:-(

Disable multi engine multi threading in video options. Had same problem, load times are better but graphics have that stutter feeling sometimes now
It works, hurray! You saved PoE!

Any other general tips for making it run faster? I'd rather not enable --nosound, and I'd like to try the texture quality change that vaccine recommended right above my post. Should I uncheck "Use Mac Driver instead of X11"?

I often have <10 fps in fights, and anything to make it less...jaggy would be great.

Edit: ...and perhaps some help finding productionconfig.ini would be nice. >.<
Last edited by harmonictempest on Nov 17, 2016, 9:46:44 PM
"

Any other general tips for making it run faster? I'd rather not enable --nosound, and I'd like to try the texture quality change that vaccine recommended right above my post.

I often have <10 fps in fights, and anything to make it less...jaggy would be great.

Windows 10 for os

plug in's i use

openal32
riched20
usp10

I think vcrun2010 but its not showing up like the others, it was recommended as a basic if i remember

I also put on physx (nvidia thing) but dont see it in librarys, think it did something though

This line in terminal also fixed my occasional horizontal tearing, if you use nvidia and it help, i can show you to make it permanent

nvidia-settings --assign CurrentMetaMode="nvidia-auto-select +0+0 {
ForceFullCompositionPipeline = On }"
Last edited by Chadwixx on Nov 17, 2016, 9:50:29 PM
"
Chadwixx wrote:
"

Any other general tips for making it run faster? I'd rather not enable --nosound, and I'd like to try the texture quality change that vaccine recommended right above my post.

Windows 10 for os

plug in's i use

openal32
riched20
usp10

I think vcrun2010 but its not showing up like the others, it was recommended as a basic if i remember

I also put on physx (nvidia thing) but dont see it in librarys, think it did something though

This line in terminal also fixed my occasional horizontal tearing, if you use nvidia and it help, i can show you to make it permanent

nvidia-settings --assign CurrentMetaMode="nvidia-auto-select +0+0 {
ForceFullCompositionPipeline = On }"

Please excuse my ignorance when it comes to Wine but I don't understand 90% of your post.

I know how to open the Wine for this POE mac port, and I can add command line stuff such as --noasync..

- but where is there a 'Windows 10 option' ?
- what do you mean 'plugins you use' ? Plugins for Wine or what ?
- vcrun2010? and Showing up where?
- When you say you put on PhysX is that something you enabled in the OSX Preferences menu?
- That nVidia setting you enabled - did you just type it in a Terminal window?

Sorry - I don't expect a tutorial 101 on Wine or anything, but your post assumes a LOT of prior knowledge.. would really appreciate any further explanation. Really want to improve the FPS I am getting on the POE mac port.

I am running on a macbook pro with an nVidia 650 M - nothing special. This mac port has always been pretty much unplayable for me besides sitting in town stuff, sorting stash etc. Any monster killing etc drops FPS to 1-2. I have tried so many things, from fiddling in configuration file - dropping texture quality to the 'mud' look, adding command line arguments to Win such as --noasync.

What I have noticed (and this always happens) is that even just sitting in town and manipulating items in stash etc - at first will be smoother FPS (14-15), but after a certain short amount of time there is a deterioration of FPS like a memory leak effect, then FPS is 3-5 or so... Then what I do is just change any graphics setting - such as enable VSync, but then I immediately change it back (effectively changing nothing) and it resets this 'memory leak' and FPS is smoother again like 14-15.. for a short time then it deteriorates again.

Anyone else experiencing this weird issue? Would really appreciate any help in improving FPS - also given this new patch.
IGN : Drahmin (Legion SC League)
Timezone : GMT(+2:00) South African Standard Time
Legion Crafting Service thread : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2568765
Standard Crafting Thread (For Vouches) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2207913/page/1
Configure Wine, Applications tab, Windows version at bottom

Install Components, those are the ones i installed, you will see some of them in your configure wine librarys tab.
Vcrun and physx are also components i insalled

Yes, type it in the terminal. Im on linux btw, your mac and if you have no tearing, dont worry about it. I was getting tearing watching videos in vlc/youtube as well, more of a system than just for poe, but was tearing in poe as well

Add -gc 100 to the augments section, will fix your mem leak feeling

Last edited by Chadwixx on Nov 18, 2016, 9:45:13 PM
"
Chadwixx wrote:
Configure Wine, Applications tab, Windows version at bottom

Install Components, those are the ones i installed, you will see some of them in your configure wine librarys tab.
Vcrun and physx are also components i insalled

Yes, type it in the terminal. Im on linux btw, your mac and if you have no tearing, dont worry about it. I was getting tearing watching videos in vlc/youtube as well, more of a system than just for poe, but was tearing in poe as well

Add -gc 100 to the augments section, will fix your mem leak feeling

I appreciate the reply, thanks. I tried -gc 100 but it doesn't work, I still get a consistent degradation / deterioration of FPS. I added -gc 100 in 'EXE Flags' in the Wineskin Utility. I know my macbook has the potential for 40-50 FPS because I get glimpses of it, so smooth. But it quickly just drops steadily to 3-4 FPS :/

Any other suggestions? Anyone else experienced this? Would so much like to get a stable FPS in time for new league, but even any sudden movement like a shield charge totally stutters the game to a 3 second pause with zero animations happening.. :(
IGN : Drahmin (Legion SC League)
Timezone : GMT(+2:00) South African Standard Time
Legion Crafting Service thread : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2568765
Standard Crafting Thread (For Vouches) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2207913/page/1
I'm getting an "Out of video memory" error as soon as the login screen appears. Is anyone else having issues? It was working great before the 2.5.0 patch. Running on an Intel 945G.
"
dpnsan wrote:
I'm getting an "Out of video memory" error as soon as the login screen appears. Is anyone else having issues? It was working great before the 2.5.0 patch. Running on an Intel 945G.

Same issue here... worked fine yesterday....
"
dpnsan wrote:

Same :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info