[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

Hi, I got a new Macbook recently.. I came across this post to try and install pathofexile on my macbook..

I noticed that you say this port doesnt work with AMD? But I do have AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB. So I have to look for other options? or will it still work?

Thank you for your reply!
Hey guys, my friend just tried downloading this and after a couple hours worth of downloading/problem solving we got it to launch but then it failed due to errors with textures etc. I'm assuming we're missing the Windows side of something and that's why its unable to run the game, but we're just all turned around and thought it would be in the wrapper we made.

We tried the simple installation instructions, but every time he tried to open the game it just wouldn't do anything. We ended up downloading wineskins and going through all of that just to get to the launch that failed. Any idea were we could be going wrong? Its his first time trying to run a Windows game on his Mac so it's all brand new to us.

Also I'll add that his system meets the requirements listed on the page, however I don't know specifics.

Thanks!
neat.
Hey, thanks so much for this version. Not sure if you've answered this before but is there a way to use loot filters?

I see that there's some pseudo windows folder structures within the package, but I don't see the "documents" filepath.
Does anyone have a working way to use Loot Filters in the Mac/Wine version of PoE

I am able to play the game just fine, no qualms with the wineskin, but I have not been able to figure out how to get a loot filter working. Which folder within the 'Show Contents' for Path_of_Exile.app should I place the loot filter file?

Thanks
guys can some one help me ?!
i played poe for couple was ok except the lag and i fixed the size of game box
after i restarted my mac the game just stuck in checking for resources
i tried to restart pc / internet , i add poe to firewall but still stuck can some one help ?!
For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer.
"
semary wrote:
guys can some one help me ?!
i played poe for couple was ok except the lag and i fixed the size of game box
after i restarted my mac the game just stuck in checking for resources
i tried to restart pc / internet , i add poe to firewall but still stuck can some one help ?!

The checking resources can take a extremely long time if there was patch released (about an hour). If it still does not move, delete the content.ggpk from the game folder, but it will redownload whole game.
"
Phosis wrote:
Hey guys, my friend just tried downloading this and after a couple hours worth of downloading/problem solving we got it to launch but then it failed due to errors with textures etc. I'm assuming we're missing the Windows side of something and that's why its unable to run the game, but we're just all turned around and thought it would be in the wrapper we made.

We tried the simple installation instructions, but every time he tried to open the game it just wouldn't do anything. We ended up downloading wineskins and going through all of that just to get to the launch that failed. Any idea were we could be going wrong? Its his first time trying to run a Windows game on his Mac so it's all brand new to us.

Also I'll add that his system meets the requirements listed on the page, however I don't know specifics.

Thanks!

Sorry for late answer.

The v6 "should" be immune to this errors but in case you still see the error, set manually the resolution in the configuration file. I don't have mac at my disposal anymore so fixing and updating the wine is not possible for me.

Was running fine - some lag at launch and during some battles.
BUT
I installed OS X El Capitan and although its got some nice features, I suspect it is not compatible with the v6 version?
Now when I launch it runs about 10 seconds and ends.

Any plans to support El Capitan? Anything I can do in the meantime?
"
Hey, thanks so much for this version. Not sure if you've answered this before but is there a way to use loot filters?

I see that there's some pseudo windows folder structures within the package, but I don't see the "documents" filepath.

Thanks to some help form reddit I was able to get Loot Filters working on OS X

download and edit whatever loot filter file you want to use then place the file in the following path

/User/YourUserName/Documents/My Games/Path of Exile/

This folder should contain a file called 'production_Config.ini' if not then you are looking in the wrong folder

Put your loot filter file in this folder

Restart PoE

Go to the Options Menu and click the UI tab. Scroll all the way to bottom and look for a setting that is talking about available loot filters

Click that tab/menu and select the loot filter file you want to use.

Now you should be all set (may need to log out you char and log back in) - should see a message on login 'loot filter enabled' or something smililar
"
Staraven wrote:
Was running fine - some lag at launch and during some battles.
BUT
I installed OS X El Capitan and although its got some nice features, I suspect it is not compatible with the v6 version?
Now when I launch it runs about 10 seconds and ends.

Any plans to support El Capitan? Anything I can do in the meantime?

Working on it, have my Mac back for the weekend, If I find solution, tomorrow I'll update the new version (with updated wine of course :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info