[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

Ever since Awakening, i've been getting wild lag and disconnected fairly frequently too. While summoning golems, opening special boxes, and sometimes loading screens will go back to the login screen.
what am i doing wrong? i run the dmg file, then run the .app file and nothing happens, v5 and v6. i'm on macbook air 11" 2014 (fairly new to macos)

MacOS version: Yosemite
GPU card: Intel HD 5000
Last edited by h1k3n on Jul 27, 2015, 4:44:18 AM
State your mac confugration (OSX version, GPU card, Ram size, and wrapper version)
State your problem. If the game crashes, please also post logs. (logs are disabled in 4.1)

OS X Yosemite
GPU intel iris 1536mb
ram size 8gb
wrapper version 5

i downloaded everything set the game to fullscreen with size 900x1440, got inside the loading screen. and the game just stays there for like
40-50 min. the game didn't crash, but its not moving forward either.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣴⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣶⣦⣄⣀⡀⣠⣾⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣴⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠿⠿⢿⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⣶⣿⣦⣜⣿⣿⣿⡟⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⢿⡏⣴⣺⣦⣙⣿⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀
⠀⣯⡇⣻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣾⣿⣬⣥⣭⣽⣿⣿⣧⣼⡇⣯⣇⣹⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠀⠀
Hey guys, I am getting an iMac 27 these days and would like to play PoE on it. I don't really get what I have to do to be able to run the game on my new Mac.

Can I just copy paste my PoE Folder from my PC to the Mac and then download and install the "Path of Exile v6 (161MB) - mediafire" to get the game running, or how exactly do I have to proceed?

Please let me know, because I would love to continue playing this game.

Regards,
Anarchaos
-----------------------------------------------
IGN: Cataclysmo
"
MadCaDDy wrote:
Hey guys, I am getting an iMac 27 these days and would like to play PoE on it. I don't really get what I have to do to be able to run the game on my new Mac.

Can I just copy paste my PoE Folder from my PC to the Mac and then download and install the "Path of Exile v6 (161MB) - mediafire" to get the game running, or how exactly do I have to proceed?

Regards,
Anarchaos

To avoid lengthy downloads:
1) install the v6
2) right click the Path of exile application > show contents
3) navigate to drive_c/Program Files/Grinding Gear Games/Path of Exile
4) replace all the contents there from your windows installation.

"
onlyxin wrote:
State your mac confugration (OSX version, GPU card, Ram size, and wrapper version)
State your problem. If the game crashes, please also post logs. (logs are disabled in 4.1)

OS X Yosemite
GPU intel iris 1536mb
ram size 8gb
wrapper version 5

i downloaded everything set the game to fullscreen with size 900x1440, got inside the loading screen. and the game just stays there for like
40-50 min. the game didn't crash, but its not moving forward either.

Logs man... :P
"
NotBody wrote:
Ever since Awakening, i've been getting wild lag and disconnected fairly frequently too. While summoning golems, opening special boxes, and sometimes loading screens will go back to the login screen.

While GGG made a good game, their programming is not that good. This is something they should address from their side.
"
julus wrote:
"
MadCaDDy wrote:

Regards,
Anarchaos

To avoid lengthy downloads:
1) install the v6
2) right click the Path of exile application > show contents
3) navigate to drive_c/Program Files/Grinding Gear Games/Path of Exile
4) replace all the contents there from your windows installation.

"4) replace all the contents there from your windows installation." - so that means all the content in the folder "Path of Exile" will be replaced with my Windows Installations "Path of Exile" Folder, right?
-----------------------------------------------
IGN: Cataclysmo
Is there a way to get loot filters working? I'm not sure if I'm missing something but the box doesn't seem to exist on MAC OSX.

Game runs pretty well outside of rare mob-lag.
Hey so I am trying to get my buddy into PoE, however he has a Mac and neither of us are very computer savvy. Can someone give me a rundown of what to do in terms of setting up this stuff? I have a pc so I didn't need to worry about it, but that's not the case for my friend. Any help is appreciated.
He who does not do x will never accomplish y.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info